New Charms Book

Ford Harkonnen

Wand
It's made of wood, I suppose
Ford sauntered towards the lakeside and picked a large rock on which to sit. It was a particularly windy day, blowing out over the lake, and rather cool. There was no one else around that he could see. He sat down, he legs dangling over the water, and unslung his pack from his shoulder. He pulled out his charms textbook and his new charms book that he just purchased from Flourish & Blotts. He considered them both, then flipped through his text to read through it.

He noticed a charm called 'incendio'. He studied the pages and found a stick nearby, "Incendio!" He said, and the stick burst into bright orange flames. He paused for a moment, "Wingardium leviosa!" And the stick floated into the air and he flung it into the water, where is sizzled out and floated on the surface.

Pungahn saw Ford practicing his charms once again. "hi, Ford. you seem to enjoy charms a lot, don't you?"

Ford turned and saw Pungahn coming towards him, a smile crossed his face, "Hey there. Yeah, is cool. We actually use our wands," he flicked his wand as if to demonstrate this fact. He sauntered to Pungahn, "You want to practice a little bit?" his smile transformed into his roguish grin, "I'm getting pretty good at it."

Pungahn returned his smile. her boy crazy mind was shouting 'he's hot, make him your guy!', while her sensible other mind was saying calmly, 'you can't just do that, what if he says no or gets offended. she felt a little embarrassed that her iner conversation with herself was about the guy right in front of her she was having a conversation with.
Pungahn pulled out her wand and, in attempt to stop her mind s from yelling at her now what mind, she levitated a nearby rock and let it fly into the lake.
"well, i think i got that one down. what is the next easiest one?"

"Very good!" Ford said, "I've been trying out a new charm, 'Incendio'. It catches things on fire." He looked around and found a stick. He sat it down on the rock on which he was previously sitting.

"Incendio!"

The stick ignited immediately, "It's easy enough, let me show you." Ford again walked behind Pungahn and gently took hold of her wand hand and guided it through the motion of the charm, "Now, you try it," he said, smiling.

Pungahn felt her heart flutter at his touch. in an attempt to shut her mind up again she did the movement of her wand and said, "incendio!" the stick smoked for a second before laying dormant again.

"Not bad for a first try," Ford congratulated Pungahn, "Try again, just relax and concentrate on the stick." He took hold of her hand again and helped guide her hand as she cast the spell again.

Pungahn laughed inwardly when he said to relax. it is hard to when your mind wont shut up and a cute boy is touching you. She tried again while he helped guide her hand and did the incantation once again. this time a tiny flame danced on the stick for a few seconds before turning into a steady stream of smoke.

"See, you're getting better," Ford said as he searched for another stick, "It'll come with time. Let's try a few more times." He found some sticks and placed them on the rock, "Pungahn, that's a pretty name," Ford remarked as he backed up, "Incendio!" His spell missed and caught the corner of his textbook on fire, and he ran over and stomped it out. Regaining is composure quickly, "Does it mean anything?"

Pungahn smiled and held in a laugh at his misplaced spell. perhaps he was as distracted as she was. "yes, my name is unique. it comes from two Korean words. Pung means calm, well-balanced, and peace. Ahn means Safety, control, and confidence. those words together is not exactly what it means. it is more a state of being. i try my best to live up to my name.
my grandmother on my mum's side is completely Korean and gave my mother the idea of that name. she is muggle. my father was a pure blood wizard and great auror.

"An auror, that's cool. What happened to him?" Ford said as he moved his books out of the line of fire.

Pungahn considered telling him the full truth. she was once again fighting with her mind. "he died from his job... its a long story..."

Sensing that Pungahn was getting uncomfortable, Ford decided to change the subject, "It's alright, why don't we try the charm again?" He flashed her a smile again, and pointed his wand without looking, "Incendio!" This time his spell had no book to hit, and bounced off the rock into the sky.

Pungahn practiced a bit more and each time the flame grew bigger, yet never managed to stay more than a few seconds. "well, it's getting late and we should head in." pungahn suggested.

"Sounds good, you've made a lot of progress today," He said as he pulled his books together. "I'll walk you back up to your common room. So, what do you do in your free time? I mean, aside from hanging out with a Slytherin and catching things on fire with him all day. Not exactly a pastime people like to hear about."

Pungahn couldn't help but laugh at this comment. she felt much better now then when she was talking about her father. "well, i work at Magical Menagerie and Quality Quidditch Supplies and i started a club called the Exploration Club. i also love to fly. yeah, i know, im busy, but i can't sit still. im surprised i haven't gone made in transfiguration yet... what about you? im sure your not like Bellatrix and constantly arguing about blood lines."
(((its like one in the morning for me and i have to get up early tomorrow, so ill be back ... i guess its today, lol)))

"Heh," Ford shrugged, "Nah, to be honest, my mother was a muggle politician, and my dad was a wizard who ran off when I was really little, so the whole 'pureblood' thing is a bit of a new thing to me." They were now strolling up the lawn, towards the main entrance of the castle, "I'll have to check out that exploration club, there's not much for me to do, being the only boy in Slytherin."

"i guess i will see you there then," Pungahn replied. they had reached the enterence hall. "i guess we part here, Goodnight."

"Alright," Ford replied. He paused, as if thinking, for a moment, "I'll see you later then? We can practice flying together, I only invited Kaela because I panicked..." He paused again. He appeared to be wavering between doing something and not, then in a moment of decision, he leaned forward and kissed Pungahn. Not an overpowering, sloppy kiss, but a small one that reeked of 'I'm usually more confident than this, but I don't want to offend her, but I want her to know I like her, but...' with a long string of 'buts' continuing off to infinity.

Pungahn was caught by surprise but returned the kiss for a few seconds before pulling back. "i guess this means we are together?" Pungahn was so excited that he liked her back.

"I guess so," Ford's roguish smile returned with a new spring of confidence, "I guess I'll see you tomorrow then." He winked at her, then turned to go to the dungeons.

'yes, goodnight," Pungahn replied as she turned towards the stairs. 'i will deffinately see you tomorrow' she thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Back