New Changes For a New Year

Alyssa Chevalier

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Willow Wand 13 1/4" Essence of Veela Hair
Alyssa walked into the Conglomerated Arts room with a gorgeous smile on her face, it was a new year for the Glam Squad and she was honored to announce that they had a new member joining them this year. Damian was following behind her so, she wasn't sure if he was nervous about meeting the others girls or not but chances were he either already knew them and everything or he never had and would have to made a good first impression on them. Though she was sure he would be very likely to fit in with these girls, after all he was pretty much just like them other than the fact he's pretty much like them only he's a guy and he's also in Gryffindor. Other than that he was pretty much a picture perfect version of them. "The other girls should be here soon." Alyssa pointed out to Damian before she turned and ran some of her fingers through her straightened long blonde hair, it felt so soft today. She owed it thanks to that new herbal shampoo she started using a few weeks ago. It was expensive but so worth it in the end. When Alyssa pulled out a chair and sit herself down in one to wait for the rest of her friends to arrive she motioned for Damian to sit down if he wanted to sit down too.

"I'm sure they'll love you though, your adorable!" She grinned and crossed her arms over her chest, now that Isabella was at Durmstrang things had changed so much for all of them. It was sad not to have her here but they couldn't do much if all they did was mope about it, they had to prove they could still handle themselves like she would have wanted them too. Alyssa had plans with them to discuss anyways and hoped they would be here soon.

Nia was determined to drop the title of always being the late one of the group. She had lived with it for a few years now and while she didn’t mind the title with new people joining the group she didn’t want to name to remain. Finishing her outfit she put on her heels and left her room. She knew Alyssa was already at the C Arts club with Damian, the newest recruit; that Alyssa had found earlier in the year. This was the first time they had allowed a boy into the group but Nia trusted Alyssa’s judgement. There was of course, Sukie, the Slytherin boy who had idolised the girls a few years ago; Nia more so, but he had left without much word a year or two back so he was no longer an ‘honouree member.’

Nia remembered Isabella had given him a bracelet like the rest of the girls to make him feel like her was a part of the group. Nia missed Isabella so much. She was her first best friend at Hogwarts and even though they still wrote to each other, it just wasn’t the same without her here. Not letting the absence of her best friend getting her down too much Nia had got on with everything and with it being her OWL year she knew she didn’t have much choice but to do so. Entering the club area, practically her home away from home, she looked around to find her friend and Damian. Walking further into the club she saw the unmistakable Alyssa. “Hi Alyssa. You must be Damian. I’m Efeyenia but call me Nia.” she said in a soft voice. Alyssa was right, he did seem like the type of person that would fit in with them with very little to no bother, at all!

Ava was told that with the sad departure of Isabella there was a new member added to the group. Apparently it was a also a boy. Ava couldn't help but be a little surprised when she was told first but now that she thought about it, she thought it was brilliant! Having a boy in the group was a great idea, not only would it allow a different opinion on things, it allowed a new idea to be per sieved of the glam squad by everyone else, but above all other things, it was another friend for each of the girls and Ava couldn't be happier about it.

As she arrived in the Conglomerated Arts Club - a place that was most familiar to her - she spotted Alyssa, the new kid and "Nia? You shouldn't be here until another fifteen minutes or so?" She teased, glancing down at the watch on her wrist before looking back at Nia with a giggle. Everyone knew Nia was 'the late one', so to have her being the first to arrive was a definite change. But what wasn't changing around here? Ava smiled widely at Aly before focusing her attention on Damien, "Hi there, I'm Ava, it's great to finally meet you. Aly has told us all so much about you!" She said in her naturally sweet airy tone of voice.

Damian remained with Alyssa, rather excited that he was finally meeting the other members of the Glam Squad. Today, he wore a sky blue shirt with pink and green cupcakes on it, and tight, pink skinny jeans. His hair was straightened and flat against his head. He commented to Alyssa, "Thanks! I know I am adorable." He was just kidding, and he took a sit. He was not very comfortable here but eh. Damian ran his painted nails through his hair and he wondered where the others were. Then, one came in, and she seemed really nice, and not that much older than he. Did he befriend the oldest of the group by accident? Damian thought he did.

His eyes widened in shock at her name, "I think Nia would be best. I can't even pronounce your name!" His German accent flowed with his words just as easily as he spoke. Sometimes, his words could not be understood, but that was just when he was excited. His teal eyes glanced over at another member, and saw that she was just a year ahead of him. She teased Nia, and Damian giggled a bit behind his hand. Yes, he fit in just perfectly. "Oh? Well, hi Ava, I'm Damian! And it is great to finally meet all of you! I thought there was another... But what has she said about me?" Damian raised his dark eyebrows, and he smiled innocently. He hoped that there was nothing wrong with what she said. Anything bad about him? Other than the fact that he was a bit of a queen, had a homosexual brother, and his name was sometimes noticed by the others by association with his brother.

Alyssa gave her two friends that had just arrived small smiles, she was extremely happy that the had shown up to meet the newest member and already reacted so nicely to him. They also dressed quite beautifully too, they were already setting an example even though Alyssa was pretty sure that Damian did not need one because he was already dressing pretty similar to them. "Were only missing Abigail now that Bella is gone and I can't promise she'll show up but thanks for coming to meet Damian guys." Sometimes she forgot that Isabella had left the school and expected her to randomly pop up one day and resume talking to them about fashion or some sort of gossip. But with everyday passing by quickly and no show from her Alyssa had finally come into grips that she was probably not coming back. But she wasn't going to mope about it because it was something she wanted to do, Alyssa had other friends and better things to do than to mope around all day. "I said only nice things no worries Damian." She said quietly before winking, the thing about him that was probably her most favorite thing about him was the fact that he was also Half-Veela so it meant she and her brother weren't alone with the school. It was always nice to know you weren't alone, her brother has seriously got to meet him one of these days!

"I have to ask though guys, since this has been the first meeting since last year. How has everyone's Holiday/Summer break's been?" Alyssa felt bad for not writing to them over the break but she had been busy moving her stuff into her and Hadan's new apartment, then the boys showed up and her concentration when completely out the window to try and do anything productive. What was it about being in love and being with your close friends that made you forget everything?

Nia took a seat beside Alyssa and Damian, crossing her legs she flattened out her dress a bit. Hearing the door open she saw Ava come in. Ava had been the newest member of the Glam Squad and had taken over Nia’s title of the youngest in the group leaving her with just the name of always being the latest one. She rolled her eyes at Ava’s comment, her face remaining straight with no emotion but just soft enough to let Ava know she wasn’t angry, after all it was the truth. “Oh haha Ava, you’re so funny.” she said in a mock monotone before sticking out her tongue playfully. Turning to Damian she laughed at his comment about her name, “Don’t worry, not many can.” she said, eyeing her two friends slightly.

Not one had been able to say it right so far they had only come close but not perfectly. Thankfully she was happy with being called Nia. At the mention of Bella not being here anymore a small frown appeared on Nia’s face but she didn’t let it stay too long, “Exactly Damian. Alyssa has said nothing but nice things, it’s like we already know you.” she said with an encouraging smile, knowing what it was like to be the new one in the group. When asked about the holidays Nia shrugged her shoulders lightly, “Nothing out of the ordinary, travelled a bit; some of dad’s boring stuff; spent time with James and lots of shopping.” she said, laughing at the last comment – it was a given.

Damian breathed a sigh of relief. That was some good news to him. "Oh good, I am glad I am not the only one!" laughed the Gryffindor lad. He didn't mind sitting around a bunch of Slytherins, and he didn't fear them anymore after befriending a few. Damian felt right at home here with these girls, and it made him smile broadly. He was after all loving the fact that they were being nice to him, and all that. He was just happy overall. He flipped his hair back over his shoulder, and his teal eyes sparkled with happiness at the girls. He didn't know what this place was, as he had never been inside of a club area, but he didn't mind it. It was nice to have a few changes on occasion. Damian didn't smile or frown at the mention of Bella, bit he didn't know her. Why would he be sad over someone leaving that he did not even know? That would make no sense at all.

"That makes me feel better that you all know me and I know not much about you guys at all," playfully teased the half-Veela boy. Of course, he was still getting used to the fact that he was what he was. Though Alyssa asked what they had done over the summer break, Damian remained quiet to think of what to say. Then again, once he was speaking, it was hard to get him to stop. Damian was a talker, especially around his friends. After Nia finished her story, Damian got started, "I spent the break with my big brother and his boyfriend. And a woman that is the mom of my nephew and niece. I helped take care of them, and traveled sometimes with Dietrich. Seeing my brother happy was enough to make my break worth it. And of course, Dietrich took me shopping. He tried on dresses, while I tried on jeans. It was fun!" Damian just hoped that no one would recognize his brother's name as that chaser that was on the Thunderers team.

Ava was quite shocked how comfortable they all felt around each other, herself included. There was something about Damian that Ava immediately picked up on even though she was meeting him for the first time. He was definitely one of those people whom most people - if not everyone - got along with. She smiled as she listened to Nia's telling of her summer and allowed a short laugh to escape her lips as she mentioned that she went shopping. It wasn't that she was surprised or shocked at this activity, she was just amused how it was something that each of them had probably done excessively over their break.

As Damian told them all what he had done for his holidays, Ava nodded and with a wide smile she said, "Sounds good. Especially that last part." Then without losing her signature smile, she looked away from Damian and glanced briefly at her other friends before launching into what she had done for her Winter break, "Well, I went back to London to visit my family. It was the first time that I was back there since I came to New Zealand." She found it suprisingly strange being back in London and she only realised how much she had missed the city when they apparated into Diagon Alley. "Other than just being with my family, I didn't do much. Besides shopping of course -" But that was a given, seeing as London was the one of the fashion capitals of the world.

"- it's great though because it was summer over there I got tonnes of summer wear for the New Zealand summer!" She was quite happy with all of her many purchases and couldn't be more excited to show off her Summer style. She even managed to get herself a Yule Ball dress while in London, she had no date yet, but the dress, she had. "What about you Aly? How was your break?" She finally asked her friend in return.

Alyssa was so glad they were all managing to get along fine on their own, honestly she wasn't sure how she'd be able to handle being in the group with them if they fought all the time and such. Damian was a perfect addition and she was proud of herself for running into him in the Owlery not too long ago, the group needed new members and needed to meet more people otherwise they'd be at the bottom of the social ladder by the time they all graduated. Alyssa loved making new friends and socializing with different types of people so it never bothered her to meet someone new so long as they weren't boring and rude. Why people labeled her as plastic she would never know, sure she could be snobby and was really into her looks but it didn't mean she was fake or anything. Alyssa was very real and she was so far from being perfect that it wasn't even funny at times. "Gee, I love you guys!" She smiled at their reactions to one another, these guys were all her close friends and she loved them all dearly, and actually she was going to the Yule Ball with Damian but it was only as friends. Sometimes she wished Hadan would crack down and join the Glam Squad because she would suit it well, and if Vincent hadn't Graduated and went to Hogwarts she figured he would have done nice in the group too.

"It sounds like you all had awesome breaks! London and shopping sounds awesome, and Damian your brother sounds adorable!" She grinned, so his brother liked guys instead of girls? It was different but nothing she had a problem with, though she always worried that one day some guy would try to snatch her boy up and that was the last thing she wanted to happen. Alyssa adjusted and smiled softly at Ava when she asked how her break had gone, hers wasn't anything too special but she might as well share. "Well, I moved into my new Apartment with Hadan. Spent a ton of time with my boyfriend, who ended up moving in with us too along with Hadan's boyfriend." Alyssa grinned shyly knowing this might sound a little bad but nothing like that had happened between her and Vincent at least. "I also got to meet my little sister Aphrodite, she's the cutest little thing!" Alyssa stated with her semi thick French Accent, it had been like eight years since she had seen her and boy that that girl grown up a lot. She was surely going to b a typical Snow with her looks and her height.

Nia sat back on the chair and made herself comfortable as everyone went round the group and said about what they had done during the holidays. As ever, everyone had had what seemed like a great holiday, nothing was ever small when it came to the Glam Squad. Nia laughed softly at what Damian had to say about his break. Even by his break he sounded like such a cute wee boy. Nia never doubted Alyssa’s judgement when it came to having Damian join them in the Glam Squad but now she was sure that her older friend had made the right choice by having him join.

As Alyssa started to say what she had done over the break she glanced at the slender diamond watch over her wrist to make a note of the time. Abigail had yet to arrive and she wasn’t normally late; that was Nia’s job. When Alyssa said that her boyfriend had ended up moving in with herself and Hadan she gave her friend a look of surprise. “Sly.” she said, giving her friend a small smirk. Now that everyone had given they part on what they had done during the holidays Nia dropped her hand back on to her folded legs. “Well Abigail seems to be running late. Should we start without her?” she asked the rest of the group. As there was no official leader of the group yet since Bella left, she didn’t know who to ask.

Abigail Lurken was running late, and in her mind, she was cursing that first year for slowing her down. At any rate, she had seen the ignorant fool to their Head of House to have them dealt with. Abbey changed from her Slytherin uniform to her casual clothing and brushed her hair. Her violet eyes glowed with aggravation as she hurried down to the area where they would be meeting the new Glam Squad member. After how much Alyssa had talked about him, him, a boy in the Glam Squad, Abbey was unsure if she would like the boy. He has half-Veela, just like Alyssa, so the looks were down, but how was the style? After walking up from the dungeons, she entered the corridors, and soon enough, she arrived. The group of four were of course fashionable, and Abbey felt a sorrowful wave rush over her as she saw that Isabella was no longer there.

The first words that she heard were Nia's words. Abbey made her arrival known with her British accented words flowing from her mouth, "That isn't necessary, I'm here." Abbey walked up to her friends and she smiled, her icy appearance melting in front of her friends. She took a seat next to Alyssa, and she gazed over the newcomer with her amethyst eyes. The look in his eyes, the smile, he seemed like a good choice. Abigail approved. Damian looked like the cutest thing. "Alyssa, I think you made a good choice in this one," Abbey said, and she introduced herself to the boy, "Abigail Lurken, but my friends refer me as Abbey." Abbey was not normally as friendly as this. She was usually hateful and cold, more or less a ***** to everyone, but not to her friends. "Someone fill me in on the things I missed? Some first year was causing trouble and caused me to be late." Her eyes rolled as she explained why she was late.

Damian listened to the breaks of the others, and they all had one thing in common: shopping. That was just grand! Damian would love to take these girls shopping, but he had a feeling that they would be taking him rather than the other way around. And fixing his hair and such. Damian beamed at the group, and he turned to Alyssa and he inquired, "Your boyfriend won't beat me up because I am taking you to the Yule Ball, will he?" Damian had this fearful look on his face. Damian did not know about Vincent, you see. For all he knew, this boyfriend of hers could go to this school, and hunting him down as he spoke! But a smile soon recovered on his face. Damian could never go too long without smiling, he was just a smiling boy. Damian heard another voice enter the room, and his teal eyes went to the older girl that entered.

Like them all, she had great style, and she was about Alyssa's age. Damian was the youngest in the group. He felt little now, but Damian didn't let it show. The other girl introduced herself as Abigail Lurken, but to refer to her as Abbey. Damian smiled at her, and figured that she would already know his name. "Nice to meet you, Abbey!" Damian exclaimed with a smile, and he turned his attention to Nia and asked, "Um, start what? Aren't we just gonna hang out or is there something else planned that I don't know about?" Damian looked to the other girls, hoping there was some sort of clue of what they had planned.

Alyssa turned and raised an eyebrow in surprise when she saw Abbey arrive, since she was never late like this the blonde had assumed that for some reason she wasn't going to come but apparently she had been wrong. A welcoming smile greeted the purple eyes girl as Alyssa shifted in her seat. "Hello Abbey, you did not miss much since we were only talking about how our summer's had gone." During the past years her and Abigail hadn't been on the best of terms but as times it seemed like the girl hated Alyssa at times but she figured it might have been either due to prejudice or the rocky relationship between her brother and her. Shrugging it off she allowed another smile form onto her face when she heard that Abbey was also pleased with her choice in Damian which meant that it was settled and he was now an official member for good. Every single member liked him so far, Isabella was no longer here so her opinion was not heard.

When Damian turned to Alyssa and asked her about her boyfriend beating him up because he was taking her to the Yule Ball, she couldn't help it and bust out laughing. She didn't mean to but he was just so cute! "Don't worry Dam, Vincent isn't like that at all. I'll write him after school, he graduated last year so he doesn't go to school anymore." She pat his head gently, reassuring him that everything was going to be alright. If Alyssa explained that he was just a friend and was merely trying to spare him the torture of going with that scummy Goth Gang member she was pretty sure he wouldn't mind. Alyssa would never be disloyal to him anyways, she loved him too much and saw no one but him. Turning to Damian again she began to explain. "Well we also discuss things like trips, school, plans for the year, leaders, and adding in new members and stuff. Which reminds me guys, what are we going to do now that Isabella is gone?" Alyssa asked nervously, she knew that they were all probably wondering the very question themselves, now that Isabella was gone they would probably need a new Queen B or something along those lines, Alyssa didn't mind what. She just wanted to know what the others thought they should do.

Nia turned round when she heard the familiar voice of the last member of the group, Abbey, enter the room. Laughing softly into her hand she said, “Sorry Abbey, guess I’m not used to being early.” Poking fun at her usual lateness, today was probably just a one off and knowing her luck won’t be happening again anytime soon. When Abbey expressed her liking of Damian, Nia smiled. It was such a relief that everyone seemed to like the newest member of the group, although what wasn’t to like about Damian? He was pretty much just like the rest of the girls, apart from the fact that, well, he wasn’t a girl; but that was only a small detail that was easily overlooked. He was so cute to worry about what Alyssa’s boyfriend would say about him taking her to the Yule Ball, it was only a little bit of harmless fun, two friends going to the Yule Ball together – perfectly normal. Although Nia was so happy that James wasn’t part of the Brotherhood because she couldn’t bare to have him take anyone else to the Yule Ball apart from herself.

When Alyssa told Damian about what they normally discuss at these ‘meetings’ she nodded along in agreement. When she mentioned about what they were going to do now that Isabella was gone another pang of sadness hit the young Slytherin girl. It was of course an inevitable topic that was going to have to come up sooner rather than later but it didn’t hide from the fact that it was not an appealing topic. It was no secret that Isabella was the ‘Queen B’, the head of the Glam Squad and the one that pretty much lead the group of girls. Not that they needed someone to lead them, they were just a group of friends, but it would probably be the best idea to have someone semi – in charge. “Well who would be next in line?” She asked cautiously. “The oldest?” she questioned. It would be Nia’s preferred way of choosing who was next in line.

Ava sat back quietly as she absorbed what was going on around her. It was hard to imagine that it was only a year since she had joined the group and her life had seriously taken a turn from there. From being friendless and alone to being popular and being known. She had found a group of friends that fitted her so well. They were so different yet they all had something in common. Something that united them. Ava wouldn't change any of that for the world. Ava smiled as Abbey arrived, glad that she could join them. "Hi Abbey!" She chimed in along with everyone else.

As the topic of Isabella came up, Ava felt the pleasant atmosphere that surrounded them, dampen. She knew it was best not to mope about the absence of Bella but they couldn't exactly pretend like nothing had changed. A major thing had changed and she knew it affected them all individually. Ava admired Nia greatly for facing the subject and so backing up her friend Ava nodded and put in her own opinion of things, "I think that'd be best." Ava looked from Nia to each of her friends in turn. She was secretly glad that she wasn't the oldest in the group, knowing that whoever it was in the end who had to fill the shoes of Bella, had a hard job in front of them.

"A first for you, Nia. I hope that the label 'the last to arrive' does not fall back on me this time," Abbey teased Nia with a light, subtle smile upon her face. Though, her purple eyes landed on the others, and she crossed her legs, and placed her arms upon her soft dress that encased her thighs. She nodded at Alyssa and did not comment about the summer. Her own summer was not that exciting. Millard and Noelle were married - again with two children now instead of one. Abbey adored her new family, but she only wished she knew what Noelle's blood type was. The woman did not know, but Abbey was confident that she was not muggle-born. Abbey glanced over at Damian and she shook her head at his sudden fearful behavior of Alyssa's boyfriend. Was that, the auction she had heard from before? More than likely. I must inquire Alyssa about that boyfriend of hers soon enough, thought Abbey. The best type of talk was boy talk of course.

Then, came the subject that Abbey really did not want to discuss. The next leader of the Glam Squad. Abbey knew for a fact that Alyssa was the oldest, but the whole leader thing would never be the same without Bella. Abbey let out a sigh and she said, "I don't think anyone can take the place of Bella, but instead of finding someone to replace her. Instead of having a new leader per say, but having the something more like...a democracy? To add in new members at least, I think it should be left for us, all of us, to vote upon." Perhaps if things were run that way, even if someone left, someone that was the leader, then they wouldn't have to change anything again. They all were leaders in their own fashion, if someone really thought about it. Abbey herself loved to be in charge, though she knew that during some circumstances, even she couldn't handle much. Abbey now fell into silence, wondering what the others would think about it.

Alyssa sat silently and listened to Nia and Abbey discuss or rather tease each other about the whole arriving late thing and allowed a small smirk to fall onto her face as she listened in. Every girl in the group sort of had their own title or something they were known for and always being late or the last one in was sort of Nia's title and always had been until today at least. Today that seemed to be Abbey's card but it wasn't fully her fault either so Alyssa didn't really mind that she was late or anything. Alyssa herself was really only known for being the Barbie doll of the group or the pretty once because of her Veela Blood but in the end she thought all of them were gorgeous looking girls, even Damian fit into the pretty looking category. She was leaning into the direction of thinking that he was gay or something like his brother but she didn't mind one bit, at least she wouldn't have to worry about him being a pervert at the Yule Ball or anything. Her crystal blue eyes shifted around the circle once more before she relaxed, she had forgotten to tell the group that she and Vincent had started dating almost a year ago and was thankful that none of them had exploded at her yet.

All three of them had a suggestion and although they were all good she seemed to like Abigail's suggestion best since it allowed all of them to decide things. "I could care less if someone replaced her position but Abbey thats a really good idea. Thats means everyone gets a say and thought into things that go on and we wouldn't have to worry about just one person making the decisions for everyone." Alyssa stated softly explaining to them the perks of having it just be something they voted on instead of letting a single person decide if they liked it or not. Sure Clique's usually had leaders but then it was often no fun to be in them if the leader wasn't very good, of course Bella was an amazing leader and was fair on everyone but she wasn't here for them anymore. "I'm in! What do you guys think?" She let her eyes fall to Damian, Ava, then to Nia asking their opinions with her eyes to see what the group of them thought about it. Two people already liked it so maybe others would easily go for it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back