New Blood

Runa Alridge

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Cedar Wand 12 1/4" Essence of Fairy Dust
Runa's father believed he was doing the right thing by getting Runa out of Beauxbatons and away from the mistreatment if her cousins that remained there, but Runa honestly thought she could take care of herself. The bullying had started to get worse starting last year, but prior to that, Runa had always been able to handle whatever they dished out at her. If she had to stoop down to their level and play dirty then that's what she would do. "Come to think of it, maybe that's why dad was so adamant about me transferring." Perhaps he was more worried about the fate of her cousins than Runa herself. Hogwarts was so different from Beauxbatons. From the uniforms all the way to the testing of their students. To her surprise when she arrived at the school, she discovered that the students here take their OWLS in their fifth rather than sixth like her previous school. Way to drop the bomb in that one. Despite being sorted into Ravenclaw, where all the apparent smarties were, she wasn't very good at studying or acing exams without effort. Which was why she was headed to the library right now. The least she could do was make an attempt to pass her exams. Entering the library, Runa went to the section she needed to look in first. The shelves were tall and stacked to the brim with books. To her dismay, Runa found herself needing a book that was located on one of the higher shelves.

"I could just use my wand to get it down.....crap." Runa started feeling around her robes for her wand, but couldn't feel it anywhere. The new uniforms felt foreign to her, so she kept forgetting to put her wand in one of the pockets. This was the third time this week! Determined to get the book down without assistance, Runa grabbed one of the nearby stools and pushed it up against bookshelf. Runa hauled herself onto the stool and stretched her arm out as far as she could go. Her fingers barely brushed the bottom of the book she needed. Damn it! She still wasn't tall enough! Runa decided to take her attempt a step further as she hauled herself up onto one of the shelf ledges. With this extra bit of height, Runa was able to grab the book she needed and began to climb down, a grin plastering itself onto her face. Sadly, on her trip down, Runa's came down at the very edge of the stool, which wouldn't have been a problem if her weight didn't cause the stool to tip over, with her still standing on it. Crashing to the floor with a thud, Runa sighed. "I hate this damn school." The brunette muttered to herself as she sat up. Hoping the commotion wasn't seen by anyone else lingering in the library at the present moment.

Lucien Snow was having a crappy year so far, since he was getting a little bored with Clara Antolini, and her obsessive crying ways. It was really a mood stopper. That was why he found himself in the library of all places, trying to avoid his girlfriend. He was looking for something else to do, and he did not have Bothizar or Avie at his side. This was a rare occurrence, and he was actually studying for once as well. Lucien wanted to remain ahead in Defence Against the Dark Arts so he was getting ahead with it. He looked over the books he was reading, and silently wished that someone would save him from this torture. He had to be careful with what he wished for. He did not want someone unworthy to come to his aid, and rescue him. However, the Slytherin looked up as he heard a thump. What in the world was that? Lucien noted his book and got out of his seat and walked over to where he heard the sound. Was it Avie tripping over something? No wait, he could barely read. He would not be in here. That was a funny thought though.

While Lucien did not see what happened, he sure heard it. It came from a brunette girl, someone around his age. However, he had never seen her before. He held out his hand, not hearing what she was saying about the school. “Are you okay?” Lucien asked. Normally, he could care less, but this girl was really pretty. Maybe she could be a pure-blood. He normally did not even have a thing for brunettes either. Lucien gave a small smile to her before he hoped that she would take his hand. His mother taught him well on how to help people, but it was a shame that it was only being put to use now. Well, except that one time with Avie. That long time of just helping him deal with his dead mother. It did make him wonder after his father. Who was his father? Lucien spoke once more, “I’m Lucien, Slytherin prefect. Are you new to this school?” She had on the Ravenclaw robes, which was why he had never seen her in his house. But with the school not being as chaotic as it was last year, he was surprised someone would want to transfer in actually, to this dreadful school.

Runa had froze when someone asked if she was okay. Crap, someone had seen her fall on her ass. Having half a mind to get up and run as fast as she could so she didn't have to face the person, Runa realized that she was letting herself become too meek. It wasn't like her to be so afraid to face people. Runa took a quick peek at the person addressing her and mentally sighed. Of course it had to be a seriously cute older guy. The guy asked if she was okay and held out his hand to help her up. Runa began to extent her arm so her hand could take his, but suddenly she stopped herself. Her intense dislike of strangers forced her to rethink her actions. Runa was uncomfortable around people until she had enough time to take in their personality and mannerisms. Runa was sharp, and quick to judge. Until she knew whether or not she could trust someone, she preferred to have as little interaction with them as possible. "I'm fine." Runa replied indignantly as she pushed herself from the ground and wiped the dusk from her body. Taking a moment to study the boy carefully, she found herself growing both a little nervous and agitated.

"Are you asking because you actually care? Or are you doing it to be a pain in my ass?" Cutting the the nonsense, the Ravenclaw cut to the chase quickly. Runa could easily assume he was an arrogant *******. "Or if you're being forced to say it to make your Prefect status look good, you might as well save it for one of those moronic first years wandering around like child in a toy store. Either way, I'm sure you know the answer to your own question, so you can go now." He looked the part and most Slytherin students she had met so far fit that profile. A part of her wanted to be snarky and ask him if he was really that naive. Surely a prefect would be more observant of the student body. However, the last thing she wanted to do was lose house points over some stranger she hardly knew. Runa tucked her book under her arm and waved her hand, telling him to go away, as if he were some small child that could be shooed away. Unfortunately, Runa lacked people skills. Her quickness to judge and blunt nature had the tendency to make her a bit of brat.

The moment she froze to fully extend her arm for support up onto her feet, that caused his blonde eyebrows to furrow. Oh no, was she going to cause a problem? Be one of those girls that did not need help or something from a guy? His hand closed into a fist, as he slowly retreated it away, curious about why she would refuse his help. He was going to help her only because she looked cute and entertaining. Nothing more. Then came the question. He rolled his eyes at her words. Yep, she was definitely one of those. It reminded him of his sisters, that was for certain. He sighed, placing a finger to the temple of his forehead, looking as though he was trying to ease a headache. "Okay, rule number one, don't just to assumptions around here. Especially to Slytherins. Assume the wrong thing and you'll be cursed to next week. Since I value my prefect badge, I can't do that." Lucien folded his arms across his chest, and looked the girl up and down. Something about her features reminded him of Professor Styx's wife, and her attitude was even more so. Who the hell was she? Definitely not a relative of his, that much he would know.

"You are new, and a little on the clumsy side so I thought I would have given you a break. However, have I known that you would have been a total b**ch about someone lending you a hand without a hidden objective, well, I would not have bothered. So, no I was not trying to make myself look good, nor trying to be a pain in your rear end. Which I may add, looks rather nice," Lucien smirked slightly. At least a comment about her rear was out there, which he thought that it was nice. However, anything else would be kept to himself. He did not want to waste much of his time though. The girl lacked the ability whether or not to say thank you to a stranger, or even to accept help. No matter, he brushed his hair back with his hand, and shrugged his shoulders. "Seeing as I was trying to be a good person for once, perhaps my good deed has been wasted. As my time." Lucien thought that this would be enough. He turned away and started to walk away from the Ravenclaw girl.

Runa raised an eyebrow. Why would assuming anything about a Slytherin be any different than it would for any of the other houses? "Well certainly, you've proven to be exactly what I pictured a Slytherin to be. Arrogant." Runa stared at him, daring him to try and deny her notion. He likely had every right to be arrogant, but that didn't stop Runa from picking on him over the subject either. Runa had plenty of practice dealing with people like him. Her adoptive family was filled with other young men and even women who often behaved the same exact way. Runa herself had the tendency to be arrogant, at least until she found she was adopted. Realizing that she was an outsider made it a lot harder to feel confidence in herself when she was around her family. Not that Runa would ever let anyone else know about the way she felt.

"I am not clumsy. The stool was just off balance." Runa interjected quickly, trying to defend herself and save what little dignity she had left. Which was completely blew out the window the moment this stranger tried to comment on her rear end. Unable to think of anything witty to say back, Runa flushed a dark red, which was easily visible on her olive cheeks. "Can we leave my backside out of this?" In all Runa's life, never had a comment actually stunned her. Mostly because she had the tendency to scare the boys off so they usually didn't stick around long enough to say such comments. "What do you mean, good for once?" Runa was aware that he was about to leave, but she was curious to know what he meant by his statement. Was he genuinely a bad guy? If that was the case then why did he bother to help her up?

Lucien looked at her, and when she called him arrogant, he started to chuckle. Really, was that the best she could do? She was telling him something that he already knew. Lucien smoothed his hair back and smirked, "Yeah... And?" Lucien was definitely a good, arrogant person and he thought that he had every right to be. He had the head girl as a girlfriend, and that was it. He smirked toward her, before folding his arms across his chest. Lucien looked at the stool as Runa said that the stool was off balance. He gave it a slight kick, and saw that it didn't even budge. Really, it was off balance? He raised an eyebrow, as if to question her about it, since he didn't think that he would be able to be convinced at all. Lucien was just as stubborn as he was arrogant.

"I really doubt that it was not off balance. I think it was your clumsy legs," Lucien commented, before looking her legs up and down. She did have some nice legs. He waved off what she said about her backside, and then what he meant about good for once. He didn't really care about what he was. He turned to leave once more before he shrugged his shoulders, "I thought that I would do something nice. It isn't in my character but it is in there somewhere. That's it." He gestured with his hand, giving a slight wave. He didn't really care what she would do with it. "Do what you want with the information." Lucien started to walk away, since he didn't really want to stick around and irritate himself further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back