Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
10 inch straight, slightly springy Vine with Fwooper Feather Core
Ember wasn't sure what to think. She had sat in the parking lot of the healers office for a long while. She'd lost track of time, but eventually she came back to the flat. She walked in, not really seeing anything. She sat down at the kitchen table, just staring blankly out the window, the sunlight fading until she was basically just sitting in darkness. She wasn't sure what to think, or how to feel.

Morwen, knowing he was running a bit late, dropped by Ember's favorite restaurant and grabbed some takeout. Photoshoots and meetings ran late and now he was tempted to apparate just to make it in time. He got out of the company car, a loan for instances like this for which he was grateful, and saw their car already there. Em's home. He smiled as he quickly rushed to the door. "Em! I'm home and I got food!", he called out and already made his way to the kitchen. The house was in darkness which was a bit weird. There was no answer and he figured she might be in the bedroom resting. He flicked his wand at the lights, brightness flooding the space until his eyes landed on the seated figure. "Em?" Morwen jumped at the sight of his girlfriend. She did not even make a sound. He went over to her. "Everything okay?", he placed a hand on her shoulder. The last time she was like this was..... He did not even want to recall that painful day.

Ember barely moved when the lights flashed on. She just kept staring out the window, blinking to let her eyes adjust to the sudden brightness. Morwen was home. She hadn't heard him come in. She wanted to touch the hand on her shoulder, but she couldn't make herself move. It took a moment to make herself stir, but she finally managed a little. She turned to look up at him, her eyes dull. "Morwen... we're pregnant." She managed softly, a little hint of fear making her voice waver.

Morwen thought the lights coming on would snap Ember from her trance but whatever it was running on her mind was far more serious than he initially thought. He stilled himself as she slowly turned to meet his eyes, him not being able to read them. She only said three words, two after his name. But it was enough to make his heart jump to his throat. His eyes flickered to her flat stomach and then to her eyes, emotions at war in him. He wanted to shout in happiness, pick her up and waltz her around the kitchen but the waver in her voice stopped him as this actually reminded them of what they had just recently lost. "Em...", he cleared his throat. He pulled her up to her feet. "We'll be fine. We'll be okay.", he did not know what to say. It would be selfish to just celebrate, knowing the pain she had over their first child.

Ember tensed a little as he pulled her to her feet, and as she looked up to him, she couldn't help the way her eyes teared up, her lip quivering. She reached out, gripping onto the edges of his shirt tightly. "Morwen, I'm so scared," She whispered, her voice breaking as the tears spilled over. "Morwen," She begged him, her voice breaking worse than it had before. She didn't even know what she was begging for, but she was shaking, sobs racking her body as she stared up at him with more life in her eyes.

Morwen tightened his hold on Ember as he tried to calm her down. The pain of the loss they felt was still somewhat recent which was one of the main reasons for this move. He was scared but could not break down in front of her now. She needed him. He pulled back just enough to look at her and reached a hand to wipe her tears away. "I know, darling. I know." He just somehow understood. He searched her eyes for something, anything, that could tell him what she needed the most at that moment. He kissed her on the forehead before pulling her into his arms again.

Ember just shook her head and leaned back in against him, burying her face in his neck. She clung to him, shaking and trying to hide against him. "Morwen," She whispered. "What if- what if there's something wrong with me?" She whispered. "What if it was my fault? What if- I can't- I can't..." She was sobbing now, gasping and tangling her hands in the back of his shirt, shaking as she broke down against him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back