Never Thought

Sterling Staton

Sterling was not one for studying at all. Really he couldn't imagine putting any efforts into the exams at all. Why bother? As long as he passed with an average grade he should be okay with his professors and his parents. And Sterling knew he was at least geting an average grade in each class, more so in Potions.

With all this in mind it was a wonder why this Slytherin boy found his converses pounding on the floors of the library floor. It was a mystery as to why this brown eyed boy found himself in one of the few places in Hogwarts that he claimed to never step foot in. The others probably included the Trophy Room and the girl's lav. Other than the few spots, Sterling was sure he would step everywhere else with his gang.

Surprisingly, Sterling had not a gang in sight and he did indeed find himself browsing the shelves of the library. Had this boy changed from the eleven year old that had entered the halls of Hogwarts that September Eleventh? No. Sterling had not changed a wink other than his longer brown hair and maybe an inch added to his height. So why was he in such a place dedicated to the object of learning and reading? The answer was simple: boredom.

Sterling continued to walk through the library browsing the shelves of books yet not really taking in any titles or topics of any of them. No this didn't interest him one bit. Never had and never would. It could only be hoped that something or someone would come his way and save him from the boredom of this dreaded place.

Emi walked into the Library, one of her least favourite places in Hogwarts, mainly because she hated reading. She hoped no one would recognise her due to her last visit in the library, where she basically made a big mess and a heap of noise. She smiled mischeviously at the thought. She walked alond wondering what to do, there was no way she was studying. She didn't even know why she was in the library.

Well its close to common room, and when your totally bored what else do you do? she asked herself. She noticed a boy randomly browsing books, that in her opinion she would rather die than read, raising an eyebrow she asked

"Your not really going to read that book are you?" when he paused at a particually dull looking one.

Sterling paused at a certain book not taking in the title as his mind wondered into the memories of his past. His past school encounters, his meetings of people around this school, past lessons in which he remembered anything but the educational purpose of that certain lesson. The only thing that seemed to push this Slytherin boy out of his thoughts was the voice of a female.

Turning his head he saw a brown haired girl raising her eyebrow at him in question. "Of course I'm not going to read the book" Sterling said his tone stating that it was almost obvious that he wasn't going to even pick up the book. Who would picture Sterling Staton reading such a book. Not a single person that knew the Slytherin boy.

"By no means am I in the library to read" He said a small roll of his brown eyes occuring in the process. A second part of the statement would normally coming out stating that only losers really read in the library. But for some odd reason, Sterling decided to be polite and realize that maybe this brown haired girl was actually in the library to read or study. "And why are you in the library if not to read?" Sterling questioned the girl.

"Well thats a relief" Emi said, always the joker.

Emi shrugged and replied

"Good question" she paused "Well, I was bored, and this is like the closest to common room, and mischief making is always good in the library too" she smiled with a twinkle in her eye.

"And you?" she asked curious.

Sterling wasn't sure what to make of this girl. The girl seemed nice enough but for the most part Sterling wasn't a fan of niceness. At least it wasn't his main concern with meeting and making 'friends'. The answer the girl gave however gave Sterling two pieces of information that seemed important enough. First the girl was in a common room close to the library which meant Hufflepuff or at least Sterling though it meant hufflepuff. Second piece of information was that the girl did not enter the library to read but to make a fair amount of mischief.

"I was bored out of mind and for some reason my feet dragged me in here" Sterling added with a shrug decided that the girl was decent enough to share introductions with. "I'm Sterling by the way." He said his british accent standing out with this statement. He always had an accent but ususally it wasn't as thick as when he spoke certain phases. Introductions and how dos along with his name usually were most apparent that he was not a New Zealander. "And who might you be?" He asked

"Emilie, but just call me Emi" she replied with a smile, brushing a stand of light brown hair from her face. After a moments thought, she asked

"Well, if your feet dragged you here for a reason, what do you wanna do then?"

One thing was really in her mind though, mischief making. Pranks circling round in her head, so that reading library books were not even in the question, and if it was, well, she was outta there. Her mother had always tried to get her to read, but Emi wasnt one for sitting round; she had always like to explore, and of course try new things, this meaning pranks. Eventually, her Mum realised that, Emi was Emi, and no reading was just part of her. Infact, Emi only read if she had to, and this was a big 'had to'. She had considered reading prank books before, but she would rather experiment with her many ideas, and be more original.

Emilie Sterling thought almost just in a way so that when he saw the girl's face again he wouldn't seem like a complete jerk and not remember her name. Girls seemed to be easily offended when someone was not able to remember there name. Sterling had faced this many times in the past. Now it was just second nature to remember the name of those around him, male gender included. Even some guys got all bent out of shape when their own name was forgotten. Not always was this Slytherin, but he had to admit, he liked people to remember him.

The girl's question made a light smile appear on Sterling's face. "What do I want to do?" Sterling repeated not sure what he wanted to do. Sure he knew this girl liked to create her fair share of mischief but Sterling wasn't that type. Not always anyway. Was he feeling that way right now? Honestly Sterling couldn't say either way.

"Well I don't know how much fun a library can be" Sterling said as his brown eyes gazed around at some of the people hunched over books speed reading like their life depended on it. Yet there were those few who always read for fun. Something Sterling never understood. Bringing them back towards the girl, his mind wondered with ideas. "Really it is up to you. I'm guessing you are a genius at finding something to do" Sterling continued

Emilie paused in mock thought, wondering what they could do.

"Genious sometimes" Emi replied "Not really today" she then added smiling.

"Um well" she guestured to some comfy looking bean bags "We could sit and chat, or get out of the library, or set off the remainding two stink bombs in my pocket here then go" she said smiling.

"Its up to you"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back