Never O'Clock *In Progress*

Jareth Wardwin

OOC First Name
Beth
What if Jareth, Artemis, Lucy and Landon had never gone to the forest that day? What if no arrow had been fired? What if Jareth Wardwin had never been killed? This fan fiction is written to satisfy my curiosity as to what may have happened if Jareth had survived to lead a life of his own.
Never O'Clock said:
foreveroclock.png
</I></FONT>
A Life Before​
<i>
</i><FONT font="Georgia">
Hogwarts had taught him many things, and one of those things was not to take life quite so seriously. Jareth had spent his days with his friends and the love of his life- Artemis Blackmoore-Yearling. They had both originally become close due to their goblin blood, and the two had become an item in their second year. Of course, there had been the odd hiccup in Jareth's otherwise spotless school record.. One of these had been a rather strong argument culminating in a vicious scrap between he and Landon. The cause of the fight had been due to Landon agreeing with the same thing as Jareth; a funny thing to get into a fight about, anyway; and Artemis had been the subject of careless conversation on a hot summer's day..

"I'm lucky to have a girl as pretty as her," Jareth rested against a tree, an oversized straw hat shading his eyes. He was joined by his friend, Landon Dalton, who lay upon the grass with his eyes closed tightly. "And she's kind, too." The atmosphere was relaxed in the heat of day. That was all about to change. "Yes," Landon agreed, smiling up at the sky, "she is rather beautiful." This had not been intended as fuel to start a fight, but Jareth had taken it that way. "Steady on, mate," Jareth said, sitting up and raising his hat to view the red-haired Landon. "That's my future wife you're talking about." Landon had felt the tension, and had forced his elbows behind him to raise himself up a short distance. "I.. I didn't mean.." but Jareth interrupted- "You didn't mean <I>what?" the two boys had known the situation for months, now, but neither had ever mentioned it, though Jareth had become far more protective of his beloved Artemis. Landon sat up further and began immediately to stumble over his words. "I didn't mean that.. That I like her like.. You know.. I'm with Lucy and I love Lucy and.." the words caught in his throat. Jareth stood up, though he didn't seem to change in height, much, as his goblin blood had kept him quite short. "I know how you feel about Artemis, so don't try lying to me- I've seen the way you look at her!" the volume of Jareth's voice, increased. "I've saw how you blushed when she complimented your shoes-" the truth was spoken, but in a much harsher way. "I blush when anyone compliments my shoes.." Landon replied feebly, desperately hoping that they wouldn't fight.
But they did. And how.

It was, perhaps, pure misfortune that a professor should stroll by at the exact same moment as Jareth had leapt Landon and begun smacking his fists against the other boy's stomach. Landon had reached up his hands to push Jareth away- which worked.. Until Jareth managed to bite him. "Argh!" Landon yelped, unaware of the fast approaching professor. Just as the professor reached the two and had taken his wand out, Jareth punched Landon squarely in the jaw. "Enough!" the professor shouted, grabbing Jareth around the waist and carrying him aside. Jareth was stood back on the ground, glaring at Landon, then at the professor. "What on earth is going on here?What good reason do two boys have to fight- and so violently?" Landon nursed his jaw bone. Jareth's anger began to subside and he shuffled uncomfortably. "He.." Jareth began, taking a breath, looking the professor in the eyes and jabbing an accusing finger at Landon. "He's trying to steal my girlfriend!." Jareth was not afraid to say it. The professor raised his eyebrows and looked to Landon. Landon shook his head. "It's not true- I'm not." Landon turned his head to look at Jareth, his own eyes full of forgiveness. "Honest."

That incident was long forgotten in the mind of Jareth Wardwin- the boy who had left school with four Outstandings and two Exceeds Expectations. The thing that had most stuck in his mind of his days at school, was the final day of school in his seventh year. The day on which he had proposed..

Artemis had left school, though she had not lost contact with Jareth, and the two had arranged to meet at Madam Puddifoot's for a drink. It was a rather quiet proposal, yet Jareth still took great pride in it, presenting Artemis with a sparkling blue and gold ring. Of course, both of them being of goblin blood, they could tell just how much the ring was worth by simply examining it with their eyes. It had once belonged to Jareth's great-great-grandmother, and his aunt and uncle had passed it down to him. Artemis had said yes, and that was when Jareth had first gained that slight sparkle in his eyes- one which would last as long as their love.

I'm going to add more to this when I get the time and return of my muse ^_^ Please do comment and let me know what you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back