Neutral Grounds

Riley Smith

Trying to balence a cup of coffee and a stack of papers which needed to be marked, Riley Smith was trying his hardest to busy himself so that he didnt have to think about the clash of mind blowing events which had befolded him. Since his break up with Adele everything had decided to go wring for him and he was really trying not to let it get to him although he knew that at some point his feelings would get the better of him. He sighed. He wqas angry and hurt by Adele cheating on him. Heart broken that they were no longer together. Sad and guilty about Cyndi and Cam. Confused about Caysi and where their relationship posed on going. Why was the teenagers life getting so complicated. Back in the day all he had to worry about was if he was going to score with a girl that night, now he had so much on his plate.

Sitting down he pushed his papers aside as he thought about Caysi and what he should do about their situation. It was obvious that she loved him and that wasnt about to change anytime soon. He would just need to think about it. He still loved Adele but after what she had done and after thinking about that he ddnt know if he could trust her fully again. Although if he dated Caysi now then he wouldn't be able to just love her for a long time and that wasn't fair. He didn't know how loyal he could be to her and that wasn't fair for her eigher. But what could he do, she loved him and he liked her a bit but he wasnt sure if a bit was enough to put their friendship in harms way. After all they were still young and a lot of relationships for younger people never really lasted long. He just wanted to make her happy but not in that way just yet.

He groaned. His head was starting to hurt now, there was just so much running through his mind and he couldn't sort it out. It was like a stampead of thoughts and ideas that didn't mean anything to him. He could only catch a few. One of them being she was close to her family so making her family happy would make her happy. He sighed again. How could he make her family happy. He didn't know enough about any of them. Although he knew that Elise was about to get married and he and Micheal were not on good terms. He wondered if making friends, or at least coming to a truce with him would make her a bit more happier than she was now. Only problem was how could he contact him.

Standing up and walking to his room he let his owl, Jessie, out of her cage and wrote a quick letter. Nothing long as he wanted it to arrive quickly and he just wanted to be blunt so it basicly said to meet him in Obsidian Harbour in an hour. Riley wasnt keen on the idea but he may as well do it. It would make Cays happy, or at least he hoped it would. He let his owl go out of the window and watched her head out of sight. Now it was just waiting for a while. He would probably go there soon and just pass the time going shopping or something. Maybe buy a new jumper or something. He was running out of clothes to wear and he always liked to look fresh and respectable. It meant that he had a better chance with scoring although he wasnt actually bothered about that sort of thing anymore, there were more important matters that needed his attention now. Such things like his son and olve interests and his jobs. His Quidditch Job was actually going really well. He was enjying that job more than the rest although his Professors job was more imporatant in his eyes.

Running his hand through his thick darak hair Riley decided that he couldn't be bothered to sit around the appartment all day. Cyndi wasn't in so it wasn't like he had someone to talk to here to pass the time so he headed down stairs to finish his coffee. Once that had been finished he walked out of the door and locked it behind him. He knew what muggles could be like at breaking in to houses and he would have liked to see them enter this place with a charm that he had put on it the other week. Now that he would sit and watch. Still he had places to go and a person to see. He walked slowly towards the Harbour, it would only be a twenty minute walk if he walked slowly then the shopping would take around another twenty minutes so he didnt mind to wait for the rest of the time. He would just zone out and try to sort his head out while he waited.

Micheal saw an owl land on his car he got out and read the letter attached. As he drove to the harbour he wonderd why Riley wanted to meet him. As he parked he saw riley by the railngs not looking at him. "Riley you wanted to see me?" he said to him.
Micheal didnt mind seeing the guy and he hoped that one day they could find neauteral ground. He knew that Riley thought bad of him as he stooped very low and got Caysi to apologise for him. But he thought that that was the only way to get Riley to forgive him as he wouldnt speak to him unless he had to. So it was a suprise to him when he recived the owl to meet Riley here.

Turning his head as he heard the sightly familiar voice of Michael Riley had to force a smile on his face. "Yeah I did. I think since you and I have a mutual friend now that we should at least make up some sort or truce to get to know each other over a drink or something. Because Caysi seems to have a fondness about me and I cant give her what he wants I think me making friends with you will make her happy, and in tun will make Elise happy and im sure you would like that." He said folding his arms across his chest as he spoke. "If your up for drinks then the first round is on me." He said with a wide grin at the prospect of a gin and juice.

OOCOut of Character:
Kept it short this time for you ;)

"I am very sorry about what happened & sure we could find neuteral ground." Michael said after Riley had finished saying his piece. "come on then lets go for a drink. We could go back to mine as i have some hidden from elise." he told him hoping he would agree.

Riley shrugged at what Michel said to show that he didn't care about it. "Yeah im sure we can." He said quickly as he looked around for the nearest pub as he wasn't quite ready to just walk in to his house. "Nah its fine. There's some pretty good pubs around here."He said nodding in the direction of one. "After you." He said to Michael

"Come on then lets go but only the one as i gotta drive home." he sqid to the guy. "Im glad we are getting to know eachother Riley."

Riley chuckled and shrugged. "Ah don't worry about driving. Il apperate you back. Never mind about the muggle way mate." He said playfully nudging his side before heading towards the pub. "So how did you meet Elise then?" He asked making conversation.

"nahh mate i hate apparation prefer flying or driving." he told him he then went on to explain how he and Elise had met. "thats how we met and everything." he told him

Riley shrugged. "Fine suit yourself. I will be drinking or you then." He said with a laugh as he walked in to the pub. "So what do you want to drink then?" He said walking to the bar and looking over his broad shoulder at Michael

"Bottle of Becks mate." He told riley two bottles then maybe he'll go. "so hows life been treating ya?" he asked

Riley looked at the guy blankly. What the heck was he on about. "What the heck is Becks. Some sort of sport?"He asked with a scoff before turning to the bar tender. "Two firewhiskeys please." He said looking back to Michael. "This is a wizards bar mate. Not a muggle one ok." He said bluntly to him.

"ahh man give me a sec." He told him as he pulled his wand out "Acio foulder." he said waving his wan he quickley pressed unlock on his car keys and the door sprubg open then shut as his folder of plans landed in his lap. He locked the car then he proceeded ti a page which he wanted to show Riley. "Dyde does this look alright for a home made chapel." he was showing Riley the plans he was going to use for his weeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back