Needing Motivation

Hilary Grace

OOC First Name
debscute
Wand
debscute
The trophy room was very quiet, but it was a calm quiet. Hilary walked into it for the first time. Though she had walked past it many a time to look at the trophies and plaques and just to find a quick way around the castle she had never thought to enter it. The room seemed like a good place to think and that was what Hilary had to do. She was in need of motivation, something to keep her going forward while her life was spinning out of control.

Hilary walked around the room looking at the different awards, she smiled when she saw the Halloween photos standing next to the different plaques. They reminded her of the fun with the group of Ravenclaws, but that wasn't quite the motivation she needed... help remembering the one time she almost lost her house points. Instead she continued around the room.

She stopped in her tracks, she had found last years house cup. This made her remember that she had her part to do on behalf of Gryffindor to help defend their house cup. She liked to think that she had some part in them securing it last year even though she hadn't done much in the way of house spirit which had been partially her job as a member of the, now disbanded, Gryffindor Pep Squad.

Her eyes drifted to the base of it where four plaques and a smaller trophy stood. These were the house point awards for each house. Theirs had been won by Bruin, who had also won the top student award. He had guarded this title for the past two years and it was what Hilary was vying for. Bruin had made almost a 7th of the Gryffindor points, Hilary figured out with some mental math. Hilary had a sudden urge to figure out how many points she had made her house and so she sat down right there on the floor of the trophy room and opened her mark book.

Caysi decided to find Hilary and thought that she would be in the trophy room because she said she wanted to beat Bruin for the points award. " Hey Hil!". she said smiling.

Hilary looked up from the floor where she was deep in concentration counting her house points. "230,240,260....oh hello Casey...drat I lost count" Hilary threw her quill onto the ground."Was there something you needed? I'm kind of in the middle of something." she asked attempting not to sound annoyed by the disturbance, but not doing to good a job at it.

Caysi didn't know that she was in deep thought and because of her Hilary lost count so Caysi said " Oh ok then...I just wanted to talk.. but seeing as your busy I'll leave. she said.

((( SORRY! I ment to post as Caysi!!!)))

"Oh, it's all good I remember I was at 260." Hilary wrote down the number and then turned back to Casey. "So what was it that you wanted to say?"

Caysi sighed and said " I just wanted to see what your doing and stuff...but your busy so I'll leave then". she said with a bit of a smile.

"Oh, it's okay if you have somewhere to go but if you would like to stay I can put this on hold. I was just counting up how many house points I got last year, just so I could see how many Bruin had beaten me by." She gave Casey a nice smile and continued "If you wanted to talk, my door is open" she gestured to the empty space around her.

Caysi smiled and sat down and said " How much did he beat you by?". she said interested.

Hilary took a quick look at the list of numbers she had written in her book. "Actually it looks like he only beat me by 21 points."

Hilary looked up at Casey. "Yes, not bad at all...and that was with me not going to all my Transfiguration or Astronomy lessons." She smiled and returned to her slight dream. If she worked really hard this year...the thought of it, having the whole school looking at her, people congratulating her.....even the headmistress shaking her hand....and it would be her name ingraved on this cup, or atleast this plaque. Yes, she had finally found the motivation she needed....the fact she was so close last time...this let her know it was within her grasp this time.

Caysi smiled. " I think that you can do it...just believe in yourself and you can do anything". she said.

Hilary shook herself out of her thoughts. "Wha??...oh yeah, I think I can do it!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back