Need a little sunshine.

Danton Howard

OOC First Name
Maia!
Wand
Alder, 13 inches, dragon heartstring.
Danton lay back against the willow tree by the lake. It was nice out here, he knew if Danielle saw him she'd be angry. Lying on the ground in his school robes! How could he? They could get dirty and where would they be then? He sighed, Dani could be overwhelming sometimes. She put a lot of trust in image and how people looked on you, but she didn't undestand, like he did that it didn't matter what you looked like, fear would make them respect you. His clear, green eyes were bright and clear that morning, as he surveyed tthe grounds, the way a king would gaze across his kingdom. He liked this new school. The old Hogwarts had been sadly lacking in new challenges, all the students there were already afraid of them, but here-well it was a different story. His long, blonde hair fell over his eyes. He brished it back, combing his fingers through his hair. He'd let it grow longer recently, and it suited him. He looked older now, he had a stronger aw, more manly features. Several girls had looked at him with interest, but he had Rima. He mightn't love her, but he liked her and they were well-matched. No, if anyone-he loved Hayley. His cousin. Of that he was sure, but it could never happen. There were certain rules they couldn't break. Rima was a big part of his plans now, and he knew she would be a valuable asset to the Howards fortune, if they went any further in the future. For him, all relationhips must be thought of as how they would affect the family. Ultimately-he had to think of how it would end in marriage. Plus, he needed a wife who could continue the line. Howard blood was precious, and he couldn't choose some random mudblood, no everything would be well thought-out and planned. Just the way Danton liked it.

He closed his eyes and let the sunlight fall on his face. It was a beautiful day. Danton had an eye for beauty. He liked things to look good, he was cruel and malicious, but beauty inspired him, made him happier. That would be another condition-his future wife must be beautiful. Rima was certainly beautiful. A model in fact. Still, he didn't want to think about that. about the two irls in his life. Rima dark, and mysterious, Hayley light, and as familiar as his own reflection. He needed a distraction, and he opened his eyes, searching for something to do.

Tara made her way into the grounds, she had had a good holiday she had enjoyed her break and meeting her family. she was carrying her sketch pad and a set of pastels. she made her way to the lake side and sat down on the floor on an outcrop near her favourite willow tree. she set up and had started to sketch it, it was beautiful in its solitude, and the colours and stark winter light emphasised the point. she had almost finished before she realised that she was sketching in a boy who was sitting under it. she quickly added the shading to the rest of the tree before deciding that she was . she hadn't met anyone outside her circle of friends in a while. she walked over to him as she approached she coughed slightly to let him know that there was someone approaching. as she drew nearer she saw that he was in slytherin robes, and seemed to be a year or so older than herself. "Hello, I'm Tara. sorry to disturb you" she said. wondering if he had seen her drawing and wondered what she was doing.

Danton flopped his head backwards again, letting his hair fall forward once more. He blew upwards, flicking it out of his face. He wsan't in the best of moods, no-one should cross him today. He felt a shiver run down his spine, like he was being watched. He rubbed the back of his neck, turning his head from side to side. He heard a light cough, and raised his head lazily, to see an Indian girl looking down at him, holding something that looked like a drawing board. She was wearing hufflepuff robes. Oh great-a puff. This should be fun. Although, teasing girls wasn't really his style.

"Danton-can I help you?" he replied, sitting up to look at the girl. "What were you drawing?" he asked, he hadn't decided yet what he was going to do. This was completely unfamiliar to him, no Hufflepuff, or younger student had ever dared approach him before.

Tara saw the boy sit up and hoped that she hadn't annoyed the slytherin. she realised that she had been wrong to begin with it, he didn't seem like he was in the best of moods. "sorry to disturb you. you just seemed a little, like you needed company" she said looking down uncomfortably. she hadn't meant to disturb him if she hadn't wanted to but she hadn't wanted to seem like she was randomly drawing him. "I was actually just drawing the tree, I hadn't noticed that you were under it until i had almost finished" she said smiling slightly. she turned the book around to show him. on the paper was the tree in the centre. behind it was the lawn then forest, and in front of it was the lake, just below it was an outline of Danton. nothing detailed just an outline. the interesting thing about the picture was that the only thing that was in colour was the tree, all of the rest of it was neatly shaded in grey. when she drew she tended to drift off into another place, she could loose all attention to the world outside her bubble, it could be blowing a gale, or getting dark but as long as her picture wasn't disrupted she was perfectly contempt. it was her way of meditation as some might say.

Danton was surprised by the girls answer, he decided not to be mean to her, but he wasn't going to go in search of her again. humour her, he told himself. "Did I? Hmmm." he replied, non-commitally. He was shocked when she showed him the picture, it was a bit vreepy that she'd drawn him, he didn't really know what to say, and that was unusual for him. "Um, well that's very nice I suppose, it's a good picture." he replied, in fact it was very good, and Danton admired beauty. this certainly was beautiful. "You are talented." he added, giving credit where credit was due. He wished he hadn't talked back to this girl. This was one of the strangest conversations he'd ever had. It was very odd, very, very odd. "You're in the year below me." he commented, it wasn't a question, it was a statement, she looked around fourteen.
Danton was surprised by the girls answer, he decided not to be mean to her, but he wasn't going to go in search of her again. humour her, he told himself. "Did I? Hmmm." he replied, non-commitally. He was shocked when she showed him the picture, it was a bit vreepy that she'd drawn him, he didn't really know what to say, and that was unusual for him. "Um, well that's very nice I suppose, it's a good picture." he replied, in fact it was very good, and Danton admired beauty. this certainly was beautiful. "You are talented." he added, giving credit where credit was due. He wished he hadn't talked back to this girl. This was one of the strangest conversations he'd ever had. It was very odd, very, very odd. "You're in the year below me." he commented, it wasn't a question, it was a statement, she looked around fourteen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back