Need A Distraction

Scorpius Knight

OOC First Name
Abby
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
After about a month of moping around, Scorpius had decided that he'd had enough, he didn't have to be all sad and pathetic. He was the one who'd broken it off with Taylor, why should he be the one that was sad? After a while he had decided that relationships were just useless, they all ended in disaster. He missed the days in his first year when he had more than one girl after him, and he got to shameless flirt with each of them without any strings attached to any of them. Sure he had gotten into quite a mess at times with his flirtatious ways, but in his opinion it was an easier mess to clean up than a messy relationship.

Wearing a striped cardigan over a white v-neck Scorpius left his dorm room and went down to the lake, a place he hadn't been to in a while. The Ravenclaw boy stood at the edge of the lake with his hands deep in his black jeans that hung loosely on his waist. His grey eyes looked over at the lake before kicking a rock far into the lake out of boredom.

In the whirlwind of getting readjusted the Hogwarts life, Annamarie didn't have much time to focus on her classes. She had yet to choose her career track and was changing her mind for the 1 zillionth time about which electives to take for this term. In an attempt to focus and decided which two courses to select, Anna found cozy spot by tree overlooking the lake and took all the material she could find on the courses to review. Not being too fussy on what to wear, Anna skipped down to the lake in a muggle university t-shirt,black leggings, and black ballet flats.

After settling into her spot , Anna got to work. Divination…nope too much bs….Care of Magical Creatures…nope I could barely keep my goldfish alive for more than a month…Arithmancy…nope I most def. don’t do numbers. That only leaves Muggle Studies and Ancient Ruins. Good enough…and Nanny would have been proud. Anna sighed deeply as she began to gather up her things. Honestly, her choices were completely arbitrary. She didn’t even know if those choices were good enough to get her job in the future. All she knew was that she felt young and she rather not deal with all these decision and choices. Annamarie just wanted to be.

As Annamarie was getting up she heard a splash coming from the lake. At first glance she thought it was an overexcited merperson, but then she noticed the boy standing by the shore. “Nice aim!” she shouted playfully to the boy. Anna began to walk towards him. Since she had already disturbed his peace, Anna thought she might as well make small talk. As she got closer I realized that recognized him from around the castle. He had to have been about a second year when she left. “Hey I’m Annamarie! I don’t think we have met?” she asked extending her hand. Anna took a good glance a boy. He’s cute…and can dress. she thought as a small smile slid across her face.

Scorpius looked out as he saw the rock skipping across the lake until finally it plummeted with a large splash. It seemed the splash had been loud enough for nearby students to hear because he heard someone call out 'nice aim.' Scorpius turned to see the source of the voice and smiled when he saw it was a girl who he had seen previously in the halls, but not recently. "Thanks," he shouted back in jest, already cheering up slightly at the distraction from his thoughts she provided.

He looked back at the lake and then turned to look at her again and noticed she was coming his way. As she came closer Scorpius noted that she was really pretty, and placed a friendly smile on his face contrary to the semi-scowl he had been wearing for the past few weeks. "Hey Annamarie," he greeted her with a flash of his smile. "No, I don't believe we've met, I'm Scorpius, Scorpius Knight," he introduced himself. "Feel free to call me Knight," he added as he took her hand and shook it.

It took everything Annamarie had for her heart to pop out of her chest at Knight’s smile. Chalk it up to growing up or raging hormones but Anna was slowly becoming a typical boy crazy teenage girl. “Well nice to meet you Knight.” she said smiling brightly as she returned the handshake. “Some people call me Anna, but Anna…Annamarie…I answer to both.” she said as she shrugged and pushed her bangs out of her eyes. As she looked up her dark eyes caught Scorpius’ grey ones. Anna had never seen someone’s eyes that color before and was immediately intrigued.

Realizing that her gazed was borderline staring, Annamarie blinked and giggled lightly. “Sorry…it just that your eyes look really good with that sweater” she said praying that she was not coming off as ridiculously spastic. “But yeah…” she began, changing the subject. “What year and house are you in? I swear I remember seeing you around before I transferred.” she added with a friendly smile.

Scorpius grinned as he said, "Likewise," in regards to her saying it was nice to meet him. He then nodded his head as she said she went by Anna or Annamarie, trying to decide which was cuter for her. When she looked at him Scorpius was afraid that he had somehow already done something wrong, but just then she spoke up and said something about his eyes looking good with his sweater. Scorpius couldn't help but let out a small laugh in embarrassment, never having been complimented on his apparel, usually he just threw on something simple and his grey eyes were something he was so used to seeing in the mirror, he didn't think anything of them at all.

"Well thanks," he replied with a cheeky grin, all thoughts of Taylor immediately leaving his mind, which was good because that is exactly what he wanted. "You're not so bad yourself," he commented playfully, but felt it was a serious understatement and hoped she knew that.

When she asked what year he was in, commenting that she'd seen him around before he nodded his head as he said, "Yeah I could've sworn I'd seen you before as well, you're not one to forget," he added slyly, but was glad that they had both seemed to recognize each other. He then quietly 'Ohh'ed as she mentioned transferring. "I'm a Ravenclaw third year, and you?" he answered her question before returning it to her. "Where did you transfer to before?" he asked with curiosity in his Irish accent.

Scorpuis’s last name suited him well. His accent, looks, and pleasant and polite attitude were all enough to nominate him for knighthood in Annamarie’s book. She giggled and self-consciously tucked her side swept dark brown bangs behind her ear when he complimented her. Is he flirting with me? she thought to herself. Anna wrinkled her nose and shook her head slightly at the thought. She always thought herself to be socially awkward, especially around boys, and flirting always felt forced but with Knight it was fun and he made her feel good about herself.

Annamarie could help but let out another girlish giggle when Knight basically called her unforgettable. Oh yeah...he is most def. flirting with me. she thought with a grin and her eyes gleaming with playfulness. "Ravenclaw huh...who knew that behind those books could lurk such a good looking face." she said in flash of boldness. "But umm...I am a fourth year Gryffindor." she said finally getting back to Knight's question. "I transferred to Salem in the United State for my third year to be closer to home, but I must say it feels good to be back" she said honestly.

Scorpius raised his eyebrows lightly as Annamarie complimented him, smirking slightly in amusement as she began flirting with him in return. Right now there was no real emotion behind his words and smile, but he seemed to be faking it perfectly. He just wanted to stop thinking about Taylor because it hurt his heart, and Annamarie was providing a perfect distraction. He nodded his head as she said she was a fourth year Gryffindor, saying, "Cool," with an honest smile on his face. He was reminded of his other ex-girlfriend Luna who had been a year older than him, so he didn't have a problem with that. Besides, he was fourteen now anyway.

When Annamarie said she had transferred from Salem, Scorpius' grey eyes widened slightly. "Hey! My best friend Jenna used to go there!" he said somewhat excitedly. He tried not to talk about Jenna just in case Annamarie thought he liked her, and would lose his shot with Annamarie, so he didn't linger on the subject of Jenna very long. "So you're from the United States, eh? That's cool, is it nice?" he asked with curiosity, what else did you expect from a Ravenclaw other than a bunch of questions.

[sorry it's kinda lame!]

Annamarie caught Scorpuis's smirk and could feel a slight heat of embarrassment fill her cheeks. I hope he doesn't think I'm too forward... she thought as her unconscientiously grazed her cheek with the back of her hand. Carefully not to give off her nerves, Anna nodded and smiled softly as the third year didn't seem to mind their slight year difference. She was a younger fourth year so their ages were probably not much different either.

Annamarie was caught off guard by Knight sudden enthusiasm but didn't really think much of either. "Jennifer Wilkonson...Her father taught with my grandmother at Salem." she nodded. The two had just (literally) bumped into each other not too long ago and discovered their Salem connection. "Yup I'm from Boston, but I have lived all over the US because of my parents' jobs. Most of my family is from the South. If you listen to me when I am tired or being lazy you can hear my Southern accent." Anna explained with a smile. Her grandmother had away taught her to be proud from where she came from and she could help but to smile at the thought of her home. "So where are you from exactly. From your accent I would guess Scotland?".

Ehhh...No biggie... ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back