Nearly dozing.

"Andrew Bruke." Megs smiled. "He's a Slytherin Prefect." It was odd that Megs's only friend was a slytherin but she liked him.

She smiled and shrugged. "Never heard of him." She smiled at her. "Are you guys... you know..." She wanted to know badly.

Megs laughed. "No. I've never had a boyfriend and I don't think I will do any time soon." She shrugged. "I don't mind though. I'm more interested in getting good grades than getting good boys."

"Yeah i guess. I'm kind of sucking at grades right now. i mena, i went to class for like two weeks; then got into a fight nad lots of drama. I mean a lot for a first year." She sighed. She had wanted to do good; but she just couldn't pull herself together.

"I could help you if you want. I'm getting good grades in most of my classes." She smiled when she realised she could actually help someone. "I know how you feel. I had a tough start as well."

Her smile widened about as far as it could go. She had never hadanyone offer to help her. "That would be wonderful! Would you really want to help me though?" She asked, a bit doubtfully.

"Happily." Megs grinned. "Why would I not want to help someone. I'm not selfish." She looked down at the books that Angela was reading. "So what subjects do you need help with???"

"You are so nice!" Angela exclaimed. She looked around and blushed, embarrassingly she needed a lot of help in all of them. And she stated such; "Um, all of em. I'm not very good, but i learn fast."

"What do you need the most help in then. We can start with that." Megs smiled, happy that she was making friends at last.

She thought; she had always had trouble in science. She assumed potions would be the worst. "Potions." She stated with a smile. "And thank you again."

"What potion are you studying??" Megs liked potions but she wasn't great with it. She wasn't terrible either. She could still understand it all.

"That's just it... I haven't been to any classes really, so I don't know..." She looked down at the floor, very embarrassed at herself. She had planned on trying to be top of her class; but, just couldn't pull it off. "I just need to know the basics, Like ingredient names, or stuff that you know." She said with a slight smile.

"I always seem to find potions takes a natural talent. You either have it or you don't." She shrugged. "Its like cooking. People could read a book or two about cooking and suddenly be an expert where as other people could spend years and years practicing and still be terrible." Megs couldn't believe how much she was talking. She was usually the quiet midget who sat in the corner with a book. Angela seemed to be able to make her open up in a way she couldn't explain. "I'd recommend read a few books and familiarise yourself with the ingredients that get used, then you can perhaps go to class and then learn how to use the ingredients. Either that or find somewhere that you could practice from a book."

Angela listened to Megs explanation, groaning inwardly. She was a terrible cook. Hopefully she could learn quickly though, maybe not have to worry about it. She nodded at what Megan said; she would do that very son. She smiled slightly and said, "Thanks so much. You have no clue how much of a help you are already." Sure Megs hadn't said much, but, what she had said was helpful.

((Sorry it's taken so long. I've been piled with coursework and haven't had much time for HNZ))

"It's my pleasure." Megs had never been able to help other people very much so when she managed it she got a huge flood of self-esteem wash over her. "I love being able to help people. Some people just don't want to be helped. That's all I find really."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back