Nanowrimo

Megara Bennett

OOC First Name
Alexis
Hi y'all! That time of year is approaching very quickly and I'm just working on some of my plot ideas because writing 50,000 words in a month is a bit of a chore. Last year because of various things, mainly my procrastination, I only reached 26,000. This year I'm hoping to win but I'm a firm believer that 50,000 words is just an arbitrary number and that if you only write 10,000 it's still 10,000 more than you would have if you didn't try. Seeing as we are a community of "writers" I thought that maybe I wasn't the only one to try to get the 1667 words a day. If anyone is doing it feel free to give your plot/character ideas? It would be interesting to see what people are doing with theirs!

Personally I'm doing mine based (loosely) off of a dream I had a few nights ago. Because it was a dream I'm having a fair amount of trouble not picturing it as a movie so I'm working on that right now but I'm excited! Eeeps!

I still haven't made up my mind on whether I want to give it a try this year. Last year my heart just wasn't into it and I only got to about 18,000 or so. Then I gave up completely. I definitely commend you on getting the amount you did. Procrastination is a killer during this event. Seriously. xD

I think having a set amount per day is actually a good idea. 1,000+ words or so isn't that hard to do (at least not to me) so it seems like a reasonable way to spread it out.

You're plot sounds really interesting though.
If I do decide to go for it, I have always wanted to write a plot about a ghost. It sounds weird and it's even more weird to explain. But it sounded like a good plot to me.

Good luck on reaching 50,000 everyone! ♥

Alyssa Chevalier said:
If I do decide to go for it, I have always wanted to write a plot about a ghost. It sounds weird and it's even more weird to explain. But it sounded like a good plot to me.
YOU HAS READETH MY MINDETH! I'm doing a plot about ghosts and st00f. Well not really about ghosts more about afterlife... It kind of makes me think of Doctor Who but not. (It's a nine month hiatus people... I need to do something to occupy my time.) And I totally agree 1667 words a night isn't hard. I just get kind of lazy or I start to hate my work and then get rid of loads of it. >.<

I'm doing it this year. I'm waaaaaay excited for tomorrow. I'm going to become such a recluse <.<

Gosh I already am. I've been planning so much that I've just been unable to do pretty much anything else.

Errm is it bad that I am a writing and I have never heard of this?

so I just heard about this from Amanda yesterday, oddly enough I have started a new book series a few days ago... I think I'm going to do it!

Well good luck catching up Brian. You should be over the 13000 mark by now, I think.

And Eden it's fine... Although I did post a topic last year. www.nanowrimo.org there is the site. You just write 50,000 words by the end of November. That's pretty much all the information necessary

I really wish I could do this, because I love writing, but November is my exam month - it really sucks potatoes!

Anyway...what are the plots/characters/stories that you guys have come up with? I'm curious to see what kind of amazing stuff HNZers can turn out :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back