Fleur Worth

'EVELYN' NZ Manager | Slytherin Grad | Fashionista
OOC First Name
Steph
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Fleur rolled her eyes as she left the Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson. Her head of house was nice and all but she really could care less about the spells they were learning. She didn't think all this defense was going to save her butt in the future. Pausing as the other students filtered out after her she watched faces pass smiling towards the other students that she knew. Hold out her hand she stopped one girl she hadn't ever spoken to before. She had no reason, not till this year at least. Amber Chou Wilson. A pretty girl, good fashion choice, but a Hufflepuff and therefore fairly boring for the Slytherin to pay much attention to the girl. But ever since she bonded with Evelyn she knew Amber was the next step in securing her good friendship with the Gryffindor. Be friends with your friends was very much a requirement. And while Evelyn and herself had reached out to one of her dorm-mates Fleur hadn't tried to get to know Amber, someone Evelyn mentioned often. "Hi, Amber right? Mind if we chat for a bit? I've heard we have quite a bit in common and I've been looking for a time to get to know you better," Fleur said with a smile that certain people told her she looked part-veela with. She hoped Amber wouldn't be busy and they could have a go at some sort of friendship, plus Fleur was dying to know more about the woes of being a Hufflepuff as she heard the gossip flying around about all the drama going on this year in the dorms and wanted to know first hand from an inside source what was true.

Amber left the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom with her mind on dinner. For once she didn't really want to focus on the pile of homework waiting for her, even though she knew that there were quite a few things on her to do list she wanted to do this afternoon. But maybe just for a little while she could take a break, just for today. As she was trying to think of what to do, someone stopped her in her tracks. Amber frowned at the hand holding her back, before looking up into the face of a pretty Slytherin girl. Amber knew her, as she was Evelyn's close friend. Amber had seen the two together more often lately, and had felt slightly jealous at times. She knew it was irrational, as she and Evelyn were still good friends, and Amber herself had Ainsley and other close friends. She smiled when the girl asked to chat, and nodded immediately. "That would be great." She said brightly. "I noticed you and Evelyn have become friends, and I'm close friends with her too. Since first year." She couldn't help herself in adding the last bit, but she made up for it by giving her an extra friendly smile. "I'd love to get to know you better, you always dress so nicely." She complimented. It was probably what the Slytherin had bonded with Evelyn over, much like Amber. Noemie liked fashion too, there were a lot of girls into it in their year. Though she loved that each of them still had their own style. "Just to be sure I don't remember your name wrong, it's Fleur, right?" She asked, tilting her head slightly.

Fleur smiled at the shorter Hufflepuff girl. She was glad the girl was willing to chat with her, after that lesson they just had. She wasn't surprised Amber brought up the fact she had been friends with Evelyn longer, it seemed as though the girl was a bit jealous of the time Evelyn was giving to Fleur. After all, they were nearly together all the time these days when not in class. "That's really nice! I wish I had met her then too, but it's all worked out in the end I supposed," Fleur said as they walked on together. "I've always thought you were quite the cute dresser yourself, I love the collars and colours you wear," Fleur said sweetly and meaning it. Amber's style really did suit the Hufflepuff. Fleur was a little more out there some days, much like Evelyn was. "Fleur Worth," she said to Amber so the girl knew her name and so she wouldn't ever forget it.

Amber smiled and nodded. "I suppose it did." She said, not elaborating more on the topic of Evelyn. This Fleur girl couldn't have as close a relationship to the Gryffindor as Amber did. You couldn't make up for three years just by having a more similar fashion sense. Right? She felt very flattered when Fleur complimented her style of clothing, and she smoothed down her skirt a little bashfully. "Thank you, that means a lot." Not really sure what else to say, but not wanting the conversation to die down, Amber grasped onto the first thing she thought of. "You're in Slytherin, aren't you? I haven't really made many friends from that house yet, so I'm glad you approached me." She said with a sweet smile. "Honestly, most of my interactions with students from that house have been fairly negative." She thought of Rory, the insufferable rude snake. Fleur seemed nothing like him, and she pitied her for having to share a common room with someone like that.

Fleur wasn’t sure how she wanted to really handle this situation. While she didn’t mind the thought of making a new friend, she had the feeling Amber could likely be one of the muggleborns she often heard were Hufflepuffs, and that wouldn’t be okay with her parents. But she wanted to be friends with the girl as Evelyn was friends with her and if the moment ever came when the three were together, it’d be nice to already be on good terms with Amber. “Of course, your fashion sense is spot on,” Fleur complimented the girl again. She did mean it, while the outfits might not be what she would wear, they were perfect for Amber. “Oh yes, I’m in Slytherin, life in the dungeons is something everyone looks forward to,” Fleur said with a sarcastic tone. She really didn’t understand why they forced students to live underground, she often felt like a snake when she came upstairs to go outside for a bit a sun. “Oh really? I’m sorry to hear about that. I don’t really talk too many from my house, my roommates are nice however, the younger students increasingly annoying,” Fleur said about her housemates.

Amber wondered why the girl kept complimenting her clothes, it was nice but it was also a bit embarrassing. She smiled slightly, "thank you," she said again. The comment about the dungeons made her curious. "Is it that bad? I don't think I would like sleeping in the dungeons, it seems kind of scary. But I guess you do get used to it, or not?" She wondered why Fleur didn't talk much to her roommates, wasn't part of the fun of sleeping in a dormitory having friends around all the time? Amber had always liked it, before this strange thing with November had started. Now there was some tension there, which she disliked. "I don't mind younger students much, some of them are pretty cute." Amber said with a shrug. She kind of liked helping out younger kids, as she remembered how intimidating Hogwarts was at the start.

Fleur laughed at Amber's comment about the Dungeons. "It's not like real old castle dungeons. It's rather interesting and a lot warmer down there then you might think. The girl's dorms are a lot better than the boy's, which is nice to know," Fleur said in reply. She wondered if her and Evelyn had anything in common other than fashion. It didn't seem too much like they would the more Fleur talked to Amber. Whereas she felt her and Evelyn agreed on a lot of things outside of fashion as well. They got on brilliantly which made Fleur happy to have found such a nice friend. Plus her brother was in her house and he was nice to hang around with every once in awhile. Fleur didn't have anything else to say in regards to the younger students. Even the ones in her house the below below them annoyed Fleur. The only younger student she thought she would have gotten on with had been ruined by Rory interrupting them and the fact his blood was very impure. Thus set in a slightly awkward silence as Fleur wasn't sure what to speak about next with Amber.

Amber was surprised Fleur laughed, and somehow didn't think it was a very kind one. She shrugged. "It seems colder there where we have potions." she said, a little bit defensive. "How do you know the girl's dorm is better?" She asked, curious. Surely, Fleur couldn't mean she had been in the boy's dormitory personally. The thought alone was enough to make Amber blush. Fleur was odd to her, as she was so friendly and nice now but they had never spoken before. Maybe it was Amber's own prejudice against Slytherins, but she had never gotten the impression Fleur was this nice. Her comment about younger students was something Amber disagreed with, and now there was an awkward silence. Amber hated silences, it made her feel like she had failed in the conversation. She scrambled for something to talk about. "So uh, how did you and Evelyn meet and become such good friends in such a short time?" She asked brightly, clasping her hands together earnestly.

Fleur nodded her head about the Potions classroom. "I figure they might keep the classrooms colder as all the ingredients are kept in the rooms for long periods of time. We have fire places in our house of course," Fleur said in her typical British high class voice. She was surprised how Amber seemed to be on edge a little and decided she wasn't doing the best at making this girl a friend already. Friendship with Evelyn wasn't meant to be a competition, after all Fleur wanted to be just as popular as Evelyn was. "I went in First Year to see if they were better or not, of course," Fleur said waving it off as though it were nothing. To her it hadn't been, she met Rory that day, she wondered if he remember her popping into his dorm then or not. "Oh, I ran into her in one of the study rooms and we just instantly connected. I love to draw so while she worked on a flower crown she let me draw her and we just didn't stop hanging out since," Fleur said with a smile.

Amber nodded at Fleur's comment about the potions classroom. "That makes sense, actually. I wish we could visit each others common rooms, that would be fun." She would love to peek in the other ones. She could visit Evelyn in Gryffindor and her sister in Ravenclaw too. The Slytherin Common room was actually the least tempting one to her, as she would run into Rory there undoubtedly. "We have fire places too, it's very cozy in there." She said happily. Amber loved her house and her common room very much. Hearing Fleur went into the boys room in her first year to see if it was better was a little odd. Amber just assumed the dormitories were the same, why wouldn't they be? She smiled and nodded, however, not wanting to question things Fleur seemed to think were perfectly normal. Her story about meeting Evelyn made her feel a little odd, but she tried to brush it off. She shouldn't be jealous of this, it was normal for people to have multiple friends. "That's nice. My best friend enjoys drawing too." She said with a smile. "I'm afraid I'm not very creative on that front myself."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back