My Sibling, The Enemy.

Karyna Spyridon had never stalked someone before but that hadn't stopped her the last few months. She had lurked behind buildings, hidden her face behind newspapers. She had followed this man for some time now. Karyna knew his name. She knew everything about him, including the fact that he was recently married and, perhaps worse of all, she knew that he was an Auror. They were natural nemesis's and Karyna, in tall black boots, a short black dress, her hair scruffy, following him now through the darkest streets, expected no special treatment once he knew who she was. In fact, as a Death Eater, meeting him would guarantee a long term stay in Azkaban. Well, she was prepared for the worst.

Karyna watched as he stopped in the darkness in the middle of a deserted muggle street. Her scrawny hand, which matched her starving body, slithered over the bump at one side of her skirt. Her wand. She drew it from her skirt, slowly and silently. Her breathing was being restricted in the hope that she would go unheard until she wanted to be heard. Karyna began walking towards this man, approaching in deadly silence. And now she stood behind him, lips stretching into an unnaturally wide smile. Her wand lit as she spoke. "Hello, Andros."

It was not unusual for Andros to be out late at night, wandering about the streets not far from his aunt's home. He had been to visit her again, to listen to her troubles, to reassure her that Larissa would turn out okay and that her step-father had had no time to influence her with his views. Oh, how little he truly knew. Andros thought he would be able to 'cure' Larissa of her obsession with the dark arts. Well, why not? As long as she kept away from Death Eaters and practitioners of dark magic, she would be fine.

It was a nice night and the sort Andros enjoyed standing out in. He had been walking non-stop at a fast pace up until this point when he stopped in the center of a muggle street, smiling and tilting his head up to the sky. The stars truly were beautiful. He was enjoying the view, however, until there was a sudden burst of list behind him and a voice hissing to him. He turned quickly to see a woman wielding a lit wand, smiling at him. She knew his name. He felt as though he should recognize her but Andros could not match a name to the face. A little embarrassed, Andros spoke. "Sorry.. Do I know you? I feel I should but work and all.." He smiled, miming thoughts flying from his head. He had always been a friendly man.

Karyna's smile did not falter for even a moment. There was a glint in her eyes which clearly revealed that she was not the sort to be messed with. "Come now," Karyna said in a sickly sweet voice, "Surely you remember me.." Of course he wouldn't but Karyna wanted to build the effect, to really dig her nails under his skin. He deserved it for being a foolish man, an Auror. She began to wave her wand around a little. Perhaps there were still muggles around here? Perhaps there were others? Karyna needed to know, just in case. She muttered something beneath her breath, peered about and nodded her head, satisfied they were alone.

"How is your wife?" Karyna asked, a slight twitch triggered beneath her left eye. This twitch could be easily recognized. Envy. She had never found someone of her own, someone to settle down with and spawn her own evil children. "I wonder if we will be hearing the pitter patter of tiny Auror feet.." she paused, smirking, "I highly doubt it." They could not be friends. Never could they be friends. Karyna would rather death to befriending a man so happy to be in the presence of muggles.

At first, Andros continued his attempts to place the face but to no avail. Yet, her next words caused his eyebrows to crease together in a frown, staring down at this woman. Who was she? Why was she saying what she was saying? Was this a threat? Was she planning to kill him? Andros had expected as much when he had taken up his latest job as an Auror. He had to remain alert and ready; Dark witches and wizards could strike at any minute.

"Who are you?" He asked, glaring hard at her. He was almost certain that she was threatening him. Those eyes told him he was right and that smile.. It was, perhaps, the most twisted one he had ever seen. "Look," he said, trying not to seem like a pissed off individual, "I am a man of patience but I have somewhere I have got to be, so if this is not important.." His hand fell to his trouser pocket, gripping the top of his wand. Something told him he would need it.

Karyna let out a high pitched cackle. "This is a matter of great importance," she said, grinning broadly, "We are very alike, you and I, more alike than you may realize.." She paused again, moving her wand a little closer to his face. "You have his eyes." she added, lowering the wand a little. Andros looked confused, annoyed. His expression only made Karyna want to upset him further. She was cruel and sadistic like that: See someone unhappy, push them as far as possible. That was her motto.

"I've known for years but I wanted to tell you in person- I find that an owl is so.. impersonal." She was still smiling. At no point, however, had it been a smile of happiness. No, this was a smile of knowing, of forcing Andros to wait for the bombshell which she was just about to drop.. "I never met you when we were kids. I wanted to but father said no, said that you had been brought up in a different way, that you were not how the wizarding community was supposed to be." She hissed this, taunting him. This was nice for Karyna. Her usual behavior was much more volatile.

Andros knew that there was probably a point to this, that this woman had something of importance to say but right now, it felt as though she was simply wasting time. "Who's eyes?" He muttered in reply under his breath. "Never met when we were- Wait," Andros said suddenly, looking about before taking his wand from his pocket. "How long have you known me? -Hang on.." He paused as many thoughts and memories flooded his mind. "You've been following me." He stared in disbelief. Surely if she had wanted to kill or torture him, she would have done it by now.

"Alright," Andros said finally, "No more messing around- Who are you? Why have you been following me? You will answer my questions," he spoke, gesturing to his wand which was now pointing at the woman. He was determined to get answers. Was she seeking information about Auror plans? Well, there weren't really any to tell, not big plans on a crackdown for the time being, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back