My Brain Thinks Too Much -_-

Vivienne Esquire

OOC First Name
Helena
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
A few days after Njord's death, Vivienne was beginning to go back to her normal self. Even though she didn't know the boy, it had still hit her hard. As would the death of anyone undeserving and unexpected. Vivienne still hadn't talked to Arisa. She was no where to be found. It was like Arisa was avoiding her or something..

Vivienne had no idea if her parents had heard. Had the Headmaster and Headmistress notified parents? Even if they had, Adrian and Elizabeth wouldn't have gotten the letter. It would be sitting under the door of the empty house, while they were busy working in France. Knowing it would just add to her parents' worries, Vivienne also knew that they would freak out more if not told.

Making her way sluggishly up to the owlery, she let out several big yawns. Vivienne had tried her hardest not to close her eyes, ever since she'd sleepwalked into the Great Hall. The terrifying visions still present with every blink. As she left the last step and entered the owlery, the sunlight blinded her unfocused eyes.

She headed over to her small owl, Charlie, and he landed awkwardly on her shoulder. As he flopped about, tangling himself in her hair, Vivienne couldn't help but giggle. Her usual musical laugh ringing out through the towers, she quickly stopped herself, realising what she was doing. She wasn't allowed to laugh! She should be grieving! That's what normal people did when they had seen someone die right in front of them, just days earlier. Right? She should still be hysterical! So why was she moving on?

Maybe this is more normal than I thought.. Vivienne said to herself, thinking how everyone else she knew hadn't been nearly as upset as she. Why do I have to be so overemotional! she thought, putting a hand to her forehead. Hopping up onto a low window sill, Vivienne pulled out her quill, ink, and parchment, and began to write the letter.

To Mr & Mrs Esquire said:
Dear mother & father,

I have some very unfortunate news. I'm not sure if you already know this, but a prefect passed away at the school a few days ago. Don't worry, I'm fine. It was just a tragic accident with fireworks. I just thought you should be made aware, but please don't make a fuss. Although it is extremely sad, there is no need to send angry letters to the school council. I miss you both and hope you are well,

Vivienne xo
Folding the parchment neatly, Vivienne sighed, wishing she didn't have to speak so formally to her parents. She wished things were more laid back, more comfortable. She attached the letter securely to Charlie's ankle, and brought him off her shoulder, resting him on her palm. Vivienne held her hand out of the window, and watched as the ditsy owl wobbled and flew away. This time, as Vivienne laughed, she didn't stop herself. Although she would never forget seeing Njord die in front of her, she knew deep down that she deserved to be happy too.

Vivienne had been leaning against the ledge for a while, just looking out over the school, when she saw a small brown speck fly unsteadily over the horizon. Straining her eyes, she realised that it was Charlie, floundering towards her, a letter tied to his ankle. Smiling, Vivienne put out her arms to catch him, and pulled the letter off in one swift motion. Placing Charlie on her shoulder, she sat back down on the window sill. She opened the letter and read it slowly.
To Vivienne Esquire said:
Vivienne, dear. This news is so very heartbreaking, especially considering the horrible coincidence. Just yesterday we lost Jennifer, a great employee and friend for many years. It's situations like this that truly show how fleeting life can be. But in the end, it makes you more appreciative of the things you have. God forbid, something could happen to someone even closer to us.. that's something I don't wish to think about. I know your father and I have been away alot, but we'd really like to see you more. We may be staying in France for up to a year, and your father and I think it would be great if we transferred you to Beauxbatons, at least for a bit. I know you've made some nice friends at Hogwarts, but I worry about you everyday, and I think that this would be better for the whole family. Svetlana would come with you, of course. I love you and miss you and hope you're well! Please think about what I've said. Your father will do some writing now..

Vivienne, this is very worrying news. Children seem to be dropping like flies at that school. And the Headmistress was kidnapped just last year! I'm beginning to think we made a mistake in sending you there. What were students doing with fireworks anyway? Imagine if that child had been you, Vivienne. I'd have never been able to forgive myself for putting you in danger. I know you're going to read this and think that I'm being an overprotective old git, but try and see it from my perspective. Your mother and I love you so very much. You're all we have. We know we haven't been there for you as much as we'd like, but that can change now. I really would like it if you came to Beauxbatons. Your mother and I are going to tour the school tomorrow, but we already know how great it is. Your mother loved her time there, and I bet you will too.

Be safe,
mother & father x
Vivienne didn't know how to react to the letter. Half of her was happy. Her parents had actually said that they loved her. They were usually too busy running to catch a flight to even say goodbye. Family meant so much to Vivienne, and if she went to France, then maybe things would change. Maybe she'd finally have a mum & dad. And it would also be a good opportunity to get away from everyone and everything that had been going on at Hogwarts. She'd be able to have a fresh start. She spoke french, so that wouldn't be a problem.

Then on the other hand, there were so many things keeping her in New Zealand. Firstly, if her assumptions about Arisa were correct, then she needed to help her. Vivienne couldn't just ditch a friend when they were in trouble. And, she had the rest of her friends to think about. They were some of the best friends she'd ever had. It would be horrible to have to just leave them. And Noah? He was family too. What would happen to him? If Svetlana would come to France, then he'd be alone on the streets again. The lake house would have to be sold, and that was her favourite place in the world. She'd lived in NZ her whole life.. what would it be like living elsewhere?

But then again, it didn't have to be longer than a year.. She could escape to France until any drama died down, and come back afresh. She could always sneak Noah to France somehow.. Give him money for a plane ticket and get Svetlana to be the adult minder. But that would be horrible on Noah's parents, finding out that the son who ran away has gone right across the world without their knowing. And were these friends really all that reliable? Sure they were fun, but apart from a couple, did they ever really listen to her? Vivienne was always the joke of the group, the one on the fringes that wasn't usually let in on secrets, or invited places. Were they really worth sacrificing her parents for? But would her parents be able to keep their promise this time?

Vivienne had a lot of thinking to do.

Arisa made her way up to the owlery. She wanted to see the view from the window and think about some things. She saw her friend Viv reading a letter with mixed emotions on her face. Arisa silently walked up to her her black cloak blowing behind her from the breeze. "Hello Vivienne" she said in an emotionless tone.

Still staring at the parchment, Vivienne jumped a foot in the air as someone she didn't recognise spoke to her. She turned around and glanced quickly at them, noticing their black robes, black hair, and blank expression. But as Vivienne reached their eyes, she recognised them immediately. Although they were now a deep purple, she could see beneath them, into the happy, cheerful green.

"Arisa.." she said quietly, wondering what had happened. She also wondered why she'd been addressed by her full name for the first time ever. "I haven't seen you in awhile," she tried to smile, taking a small step backwards. Arisa's sudden change was frightening, but Vivienne needed to do some interrogating, not running away.

"That boy.. his.. death, it was so sad, wasn't it.." she asked, looking for any change to Arisa's expression. "Whoever set off those fireworks.. they did something very wrong.. but if I knew them, I'd still support them. Everyone deserves forgiveness, don't you agree?" she said solemnly, looking straight into Arisa's eyes. Vivienne prayed that Arisa would make fun of her acting so strangely. She prayed that her best friend hadn't done it, but something told her this might not be the case.

Arisa gave Viv a half smile. "I'm sorry I haven't been around, I've been doing some thinking" She said remembering the talks she had had with Sern, smiling even more as she remembered the kisses they had shared. "That letter seems to be distressing and pleasing you at the same time. Whats it about?" She asked tilting her head to the side. She was avoiding the subject of the boys death.

Vivienne relaxed as Arisa smiled, the green of her eyes becoming more evident. Someone who had caused a murder could never be this happy, well not in Vivienne's opinion. "Oh, that's good. I was a little worried. I haven't seen you around the dorm, so I thought you'd left for some reason.. If you don't mind me asking, what have you been thinking about?" she asked, stepping forwards this time.

Vivienne raised an eyebrow as she noticed Arisa side-step her question, changing the subject to something completely unrelated. With every word, her suspicions were again raised. If it was so hard to talk about the death, then maybe it was Arisa. Or maybe, she was just feeling as emotional as Vivienne, wanted to move on as well.

When she brought up the letter, Vivienne bit her lip; she wasn't wanting to tell anyone just yet. "Uhm, this? Oh nothing.. just.. just a letter from Noah," she lied, slightly flustered, shoving it haphazardly into her pocket. As Vivienne turned to let Charlie fly back up to the other owls, the letter dropped out and glided lightly to the ground, the blue ink glinting in the sunlight. She twirled around to face Arisa again, not noticing anything had happened.

Arisa's face became blank again, she had been avoiding Viv for the past few days, she didn't want her associated with her, it wouldn't be good for her. "Viv, about the play, and what I showed you in my purse, I just want you to know, you wont be getting involved in any way" Arisa said in a sad tone.

Vivienne was taken aback by what Arisa said. It was obvious now that Arisa had something to do with it all, but she wouldn't push it any further. Like she'd said, it would be bad for Vivienne to be involved, and she had to look after herself at the end of the day. But if Arisa needed help, then she'd try her best to do whatever she could. Because that's what friends did. She didn't understand what part Arisa had played, but she hoped it was only minor. It was totally odd for Arisa to try and hurt anybody, so Vivienne decided to keep out of it for now, until she was needed.

"Oh," was all she said in reply, unsure how to approach this. Stepping towards Arisa, she rested a hand on her friend's shoulder. "If you ever need help, or just decide to tell me more, you know how to reach me," Vivienne smiled, pointing up at Charlie, who was hopping around the same way he always did.

"Viv, I want you to know, I didn't mean for anything to happen, so I'm turning my self in, once I'm taken away, you and Ari have to move on, pretend like I was never part of your life, everything will be better that way" She added tears starting to leak from her eyes. She set her purple eyes into Viv's. "Please, I just want whats best for you and Ari, and if it turns out they aren't going to send me to Askaban then" Arisa couldn't finish her sentence she was crying so much, she fell to her knees and put her head in her hands. "I'm sorry"

Vivienne's eyes widened as she realised what Arisa was saying. "Do.. do you mean it was all you? You would never do that, Arisa! There must have been someone else. Tell me who it was." she said firmly. She wouldn't let her best friend go to azkaban, while the other people involved got off scot-free. As Arisa began to cry and dropped to her knees, Vivienne frowned deeply, trying not to cry herself. It was heartbreaking to see someone so good get caught up in all this. Someone so good, become so broken.

"You're not going to Azkaban, Arisa." she said quietly, leaning down to hug her protectively. "But.. but, I think you should turn your self in. It'll make a better impression. Show them that it was all an accident and you're unbelievably sorry." Vivienne looked away, not wanting to see Arisa's reaction. "Forgive me if you think I'm being harsh, but they'll go harder on you if they think you're just some horrible kid that tried to run away from all of this. You're better than that, Arisa.." she said, hugging her friend tighter. "And don't worry, I'll take care of Ari. We'll take care of Ari. You're not going anywhere, trust me."

"Vivienne, you don't think they send murderers to Azkaban?" Arisa asked. She pulled out her wand "They'll snap my beautiful wand in half" she said looking at her wand and twirling it in her hand. "It was so good for transfiguration" she muttered. She saw the letter on the floor and snuck it under her cloak.

"Arisa! You. Are. Not. A murderer. It was a horrible accident, but now we must move on." Vivienne sighed, standing up and putting her hands on her hips. "The memorial service is beginning soon. I think we should go. Afterwards, you can turn yourself in. Now, stand up. Stop acting so weak!" she said firmly as she leant down and pulled Arisa to her feet. If she wouldn't listen to Vivienne, then tough love was the only other way. She went over to grab her bag, and put her ink and quill inside. Turning back, she looked Arisa straight in the eye. "And you're going to tell me who else was involved, Arisa Havishmen." Vivienne said, her exhaustion evident with every word.

"No one else was involved, it wasn't my idea but I did it all" She said looking her friend in the eye. "and i don't think Njord would like the person who caused his death at his memorial" She added, "but your going to make me go anyways so lets go" she said, she was already wearing mostly black, all she needed to do was flip her cloak inside out.

"Whos idea was it then?!" Vivienne asked, exasperated. When Arisa mentioned the memorial, Vivienne frowned. She had a point.. "Yeah.. I guess it would be uncomfortable.. but think about it this way. If you go, if you walk up to the stage and make a speech, from the heart, showing how sorry you are, don't you think they'd forgive you easier than someone who didn't care? Just my opinion.." she said, giving Arisa a look that said 'you know I'm right'.

Vivienne was trying to think of every possible thing she could do to help, but she felt like Arisa didn't seem to care about anything other than Azkaban. "You know what, don't go. Stay here. I have other things to be doing right now. I'm sorry, but I can't do anything else for you, Arisa." she said, shaking her head. Slinging her bag over her shoulder, Vivienne buttoned up her jacket, and started walking down the stairs, unsure where she was headed. All she knew, was that she had to get away.

Arisa sighed, she had done what she had come up here to do, protect Viv and Ari. They wouldn't get hurt by her anymore. She took the letter out from her cloak and read it. She was frozen, numb, in shock, Viv, Vivienne Esquire, her best friend was leaving for France. Arisa new she should be happy for her, she would get to be with her family, something she always wanted. She just stood there reading the letter over and over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back