Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Desi
Wand
Curly 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Walnut Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Kayleigh was still cross. She couldn't understand why Orwell wouldn't want to take her to the Yule Ball; she was his girlfriend for goodness sake! But instead, he was going with his stupid friend, Archie. Kayleigh didn't know why, it wasn't like they couldn't hang out some other time. Usually the blonde didn't mind their friendship, but there were times where she would get upset about it, and this was definitely one of those times. So she was going to make sure she looked absolutely amazing for the Ball, show her stupid boyfriend what he was missing. And Kayleigh definitely wasn't going to wear Ravenclaw colours, she instead chose Gryffindor colours because she was going with Desislav. The Slytherin girl had whinged and complained so much that eventually Des told her that he would take her if it shut her up. It did shut her up, and she was glad she had such a good friend that would put her out of her misery. Kayleigh put on her red dress and curled her hair, and did the finishing touches to her makeup before heading to the Great Hall to meet Des, and snob Orwell.

Desi tugged at the tie around his neck, clearly uncomfortable with its presence. He hadn't even tied it that tightly, but it still felt like Devil's Snare, like he would suffocate if he moved another inch. With a sigh, the teenager wondered why he was even here. He hated the Yule ball. "Oh yea, because you're a good friend"he said aloud, reminding him of why he'd agreed to this. At least Kayleigh had promised to owe him something. He absolutely was going to make sure it was something good for him. Wondering where she was, really her common room was only one level down, Desi was just taking a few steps towards the staircase to head down there when he thought he spotted her. But no way was that Kayleigh. She actually looked like...like a girl. A pretty one. Now, he really knew this night was going to suck.

Though her eyes were looking for Orwell, they were met with Desislav. Kayleigh smiled as she approached her friend. It wasn't often that she saw him in a suit or looking that suave, the dress up they usually saw each other doing was for Halloween, where they looked ridiculous. The blonde placed her hand on Desislav's arm when she reached him. "Looking good Des!" Kayleigh commented, before linking with him and pulling him into the Great Hall. It of course, looked amazing, and the Slytherin started looking for Orwell, hoping that he'd see her and get jealous. "Should we dance, or do you want to eat?"

Desi made a face as Kayleigh complimented his outfit, sort of glad that she approved but mostly still miserable that he was wearing a tie in the first place. “Yea, you look nice too” he replied as he was dragged into the Great Hall which looked much bigger than it usually did. He wondered if the professors had enchanted it to appear larger. The teenager was still looking around when he heard Kayleigh’s question. “Kayleigh, you're really going to owe me if you make me dance” he commented, using his wand to summon himself a few cookies. Holding one out to her, the teen bit the head off of his gingerbread man before shrugging, “I’m ready.”

Hands on her hips, Kayleigh watched Des as he told her she owed him, and watched as the cookies were summoned to him. The blonde really did appreciate her friend taking her to the ball, she would have been so miserable if she went by herself, and though the two didn't really talk much about their feelings, Kayleigh was very fond of Des. She shook her head when he offered her a cookie, but when he said he was ready, she grabbed his hand, and again, dragged him out onto the dance floor, placing her hands on his shoulders. "I promise to spend more time helping find the room for this." Kayleigh grinned, her eyes occasionally flicking out to try find Orwell.
She noticed him dancing with Archie which made her huff, so she moved closer to Desislav, definitely needing comfort.

Desi barely had time to tuck the extra gingerbread man into his pocket before he was pulled on the dance floor. He only had one free hand, and he moved it cautiously to Kayleigh's waist. Finally, he settled it there, never having been quite this close to her, or any girl for that matter. It was nice, and he had to consider Marius might be right about certain things he'd told him. Desi listened to her suggestion and nodded. The Gryffindor liked that suggestion.

Taken by surprise when she moved closer, Desi made a muffled sound, his mouth full of the last of his cookie before moving his other hand to her waist. "Are you ok?" He knew why he'd agreed to come, and he knew that seeing her boyfriend with someone else, even a friend, had to bug her.

Kayleigh managed to drag her eyes away from her supposed boyfriend and looked at Desislav when he asked if she was okay.

The blonde sighed but nodded her head, feeling grateful for her friend.

She rested her head against his chest, moving her hands off his shoulders and around his back instead.

"I appreciate you being my date Des. This would've sucked without you."

She closed her eyes so she didn't have to see the two stupid boys dancing.

Enveloped in a hug, Desi was glad that Kayleigh was ok. For the next few hours, he and Kayleigh danced, ate some more snacks, and watched a few people skate on the rink. Anything that kept them as much out of the line of the two boys. That was Desi's goal anyway. And he managed to 'lose' his tie, which brightened his mood considerably.

Eventually, the professors announced that there was just one more song, and Desi surprised himself by dragging Kayleigh onto the dance floor. It was a slow song, but he was used to how these worked by now and his hands moved to her waist. "You know...this wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. I guess you're good company, Kayleigh" he joked with his best friend.

The night had gone on, and Kayleigh found herself enjoying it considerably. She had assumed it was just going to be a terrible night, but Desislav was a lot of fun. Kayleigh couldn't help laughing as Des dragged her onto the floor for the last dance. She laced her arms around his shoulders and smiled at his comment. Maybe it was the atmosphere, the song, or just the closeness of the two, but Kayleigh had no say in what her body did next. She surprised herself in moving forward, placing her lips on Desislav's.

Orwell had walked over to Kayleigh, leaving Archie for the moment, purely so that he could get a dance with his girlfriend on this magical and joyous night, but what he saw when he made his way towards them was the fact that she had her lips on someone else. Orwell didn't think they were in an open relationship and he had been dedicated to her, and them, but perhaps she hadn't felt the same way. Orwell's entire expression fell, he felt honestly crushed, "Kayleigh," he said, clearing his throat a little addressing her in as neutral a voice as he could, "We should break up," he stated it openly but he didn't mean for it to actually be open, it was a statement, a very matter of fact thing. He wasn't angry at her, he was sad, he had liked Kayleigh, but he knew that he perhaps been more dedicated on others things, his NEWTs, his club, his best friend. He shifted his weight between his feet, "Bye," he then uttered before walking away, he knew he should probably go back to the dorm, but Orwell didn't want that, so instead he left the great hall heading to the gardens, pushing all thoughts of her from his mind and focusing on what was truly important.

Desislav had expected a punch to the arm or a witty comment. What he hadn't expected was a kiss. His eyes widened and his hands squeezed against her waist to push her away. "What are you-" he began, interrupted by her boyfriend, Orwell. Desi looked down at his feet, not truly expecting this to erupt in violence but bracing himself if it did. This was not why he'd agreed to come to this dance. He was better than this. Kayleigh was better than this. It was an awkward few moments, but as soon as Orwell left, Desi looked up with hurt and confusion in his eyes. "Kayleigh...did you plan...what were you thin-...why?" he finally managed after having stumbled over a dozen thoughts trying to ram themselves out of his mouth at the same time.

As she felt the push against her, Kayleigh pulled back, realizing what she had done. The blonde didn't even know how to respond to Desislav, but the worst was that Orwell was right there. It took a few moments for her brain to catch up with what Orwell had said to her, and she felt her eyes brimming with tears. Kayleigh shook her head when Des spoke, she had no idea what to say to him, but she had to go talk to Orwell and make it right. The blonde took a step backwards, not quite meeting Desislav's eyes as she spoke. "I-I'm sorry." She managed before she ran after Orwell, calling after him. "Orwell - Orwell wait! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to - " Kayleigh started as she got closer. "I just got caught up and I was emotional - it's no excuse I know but please, I'm really sorry!"

Orwell heard her call after him, and he just didn't want to stop but something made him, perhaps it was the fact she was asking him to wait, but he just stopped then looking round at her, "Kayleigh stop," he said, with a little harshness in his tone that was very unusual, even surprising himself and he ran a hand across his face, letting out a long breath calming himself, "It's okay, I just can't anymore," the boy lived in a community which practiced free love, his parents weren't married, they were barely together, but Orwell wanted nothing more than to be a family, so when it came to love and relationships it was all about loyalty to that person, so for him with her it was done. He gave her a small smile, since he held few bad feelings, he was a little upset but he wasn't bitter, he had enjoyed his conversations with her, they had been nicely different. Orwell had enjoyed her company, he had liked answering her questions, cheering her on in quidditch, there was nothing he would change about how things had happened, "Thanks for the last few months, it was really nice. I'll see you around Kayleigh," Orwell told her with a finality and then turned and continue to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back