My Best Friend's Sister

Blaine Matthias

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 13" Unyielding Hawthorn Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Blaine Matthias was alone for once, and it was surprising that he did not have Vladimir on his side. Instead he found himself wondering around with his hands in his pockets. He did not have anything to do right now, but he wanted to find someone that he could connect with that was not really a serial killer so to speak. Blaine smirked a bit when he thought of Vladimir and was rather entertained by him. He was sometimes funny, and other times he was rather scary. He thought that Pandora and Vladimir, if they ever dated or anything like that, then they would produce some of the scariest kids in the freaking world, and he hoped that they would never like each other like that. She did save Vladimir from a bird, so he had to give his sister something. But right now, he wondered what he wanted. He could be looking for love, if he cared for it. He had met quite a few girls already, but none of them really appealed to him. Then again he did flirt every now and then. Sometimes it was fun to be a little flirty. Especially with the girls in his own house. Some were smart. From what he gathered.

Somehow Blaine found himself on the fourth corridor, and he noticed that there were an abundance of Hufflepuffs. Blaine did not appreciate some of them since they all seemed so nice, but there were a few that he knew of, and he could bully around if he wanted. Right now, he decided that he would find one that he knew of, but had not met officially. It was about time that he met her too. She was the sister of his best friend. Her name was Zinaida, and he wondered what kind of personality she had and why she was placed in such a house. Hufflepuff had some interesting qualities but he needed to find one that would be in his best interests. Blaine leaned against the wall and it was not long until he found Zinaida. Walking alone. Perfect. Blaine caught up with her and he smirked, "Hi there Zinaida Zhefarovich. I do not know if you have met me officially, but I hang around your brother a lot." Blaine wondered if she would want to talk to him because of that. He was not a Slytherin, so there was not a house prejudice there, but just associating with her brother, would she want to give him the time of day?

Zinaida Zhefarovich wasn't exactly sure where she was wandering off too right now, she just knew that she didn't want to be in the Common Room right now. It was just after lunch time so the Common Room was packed full of students. Zinaida might have been able to tolerate people a lot better than her brother could, but big crowds of people still made her uneasy. Walking around was good for her anyways, Zinaida needed to get some exercise in sooner or later. Or all the pie she ate during dinner would soon start to catch up with her. Zinaida rounded the corner and narrowly managed to avoid colliding with a couple of her peers, she really wished that there were less Hufflepuff's hanging around than there wee. Easygoing or not, there was a lot of people in her house that Zinaida needed more time around before she could consider liking them herself. A lot of the others sorted into her house were a lot different than she was. Zinaida noted that a lot of them had no issue with blood prejudice or disliking others that were different. Zinaida on the other hand was raised to think like that, she just tried to fight against it.

Someone started to walk next to her, and Zinaida paused to look at the stranger. He soon introduced himself as being her brother's best friend. Ah so this was the guy Vladimir had been hanging out with. "You're best friends with my brother? Tch, boy do I feel sorry for you." Zinaida loved her brother, but he could be a real pain in the ass when he wanted to be. Especially when it came to something he wanted. Zinaida noticed the boy wad awful cute, so she was proud that her brother didn't choose to have ugly friends at least. So, are you at least going to tell me your name and what brought you here?" Surely he must have had a reason for coming to see her. Her brother probably convinced him to do his bidding, and that meant he likely needed something from her. if it had to do with bullying someone, she would take no part in it. How on earth could her brother sit there and be so cruel to people who hardly deserved it. He would get what was coming to him one day, Zinaida knew that for a fact.

Blaine was resisting the fact that he wanted to put an arm around her, to show everyone that they were tight as can be, but really, they weren't. He was just going to flirt a bit with her, even if Vladimir hit him for going near his sister. The sister was cute, Blaine could not be blamed. She said that she felt sorry for him for being best friends with her brother. He looked down and he could not resist laughing even just a little bit. "You feel sorry for me? Really? You are the one that has to go home on the holidays with him. You live with him. Plus he isn't that bad. Just misunderstood." Blaine had to bite his tongue from breaking out laughing about the last part. He was sure not misunderstood at all. Anyone with a brain would know that. The look from his amber eyes spoke it. He looked over at Zinaida and wondered if she thought the same thing. That he was not misunderstood. Besides, he was not here to talk about Vladimir at all. Zinaida probably heard enough about her brother, and did not want to talk about him. Truth be told, he did not want to either.

The Ravenclaw looked almost hurt when she asked for his name and what brought him here. Vladimir did not tell her who he was? He told Pandora about Vladimir, it was only fair that he had done the same. Blaine wondered if there was a reason for that. Shrugging it off, Blaine introduced himself, "Blaine Matthias. A Ravenclaw if you can't tell. At least you know me now." He was a little bothered by that, but he would live. He still needed a reason to what brought him here. Well, he did not want to say just her, even it was the truth. He would have to call it cool on it. Girls looked cool guys, from what he understood. "I was walking around, and saw you. Figured you might want to hang out. Guaranteed without any sort of bullying." He could guarantee that for Zinaida. Something that she might be interested in. If he knew how to flirt, he would gladly do that. But the thing was, Vladimir and he did not know how. Zinaida seemed like a cool girl, so he might need her around one day. Plus she could become good friends with him. He would not mind having a cute girl in his circle of friends.

Zinaida wondered just how close Blaine and Vladimir actually were. It was cute to see that Vladimir still had enough kindness within him to accept someone enough to be their friend. But Zinaida couldn't help but wonder if Blaine knew what Vladimir was raised up to be. "I'm his twin. When we're at home I always have my dad to run to, plus I know his weaknesses. So he knows better." Zinaida shrugged her shoulders. Her brother was pretty simple to understand. But Zinaida had also grown up with him since birth. They were like yin and yang. So Zin wasn't as scared of her brother as a lot of other people appeared to be sometimes. "Ha, Vlad....misunderstood?" The red head then shook her head. No, gnomes were misunderstood. Vladimir knew who he was and he likely preferred to be seen that way. Zinaida just wished that he would cease the way he bullied the other students. The only thing he was doing was setting himself up for trouble later on. Like that Part-veela girl he really disliked. Didn't he realize that they had a few of them in their own family? Sooner or later he would get it through his skull that people like that could be useful if he were to make friends, rather than make enemies with them.

As soon as Blaine told Zinaida his last name, she frowned. "Oh. You're Pandora's brother aren't you? Now she's worse than Vladimir, and that's saying something. Anyways, nice to finally meet you Blaine." Zinaida didn't like Pandora, and she wasn't about to keep that a secret from Blaine either. However, she had no intention to hold his sister against him. Blaine seemed like he was much friendlier than his his sister to begin with, so he deserved credit for that at least. "Hang out, eh? Sure, you're cute enough. I'm wasn't worried about you bullying to begin with, because if you did I'd have to beat you up." Zinaida warned, a playful smile gracing her salmon colored lips the whole time. Zinaida honestly would consider beating him up if she ever caught him bullying while she was around. As much as she would love to do the same to Vlad, he was trained to the point where she could barely even scratch him. The only weapon she really had against him were her words and her dad whenever he was around for her to go to.

Blaine almost stopped walking when he heard that Zinaida could run to her dad, which did not mean much to him but the weaknesses part. Blaine did not think that Vladimir had any weaknesses, and wondered what they were, and if Zinaida would be willing to spill them to someone like Vladimir's friend. "Would you tell me what the weaknesses are? He appears to be some sort of freaking robot to me." He wanted to know so that he might be able to see him as a human and not a robot. Blaine could not resist laughing a bit when she said that he was misunderstood, or rather laugh about it. It was true, he definitely was not. He knew just who he was and let everyone know just who he was and how he did not care in the least bit. It was a little frightening at times, but Blaine knew that he would be a good ally. "Okay, he definitely is not misunderstood. We both agree on that fact." One thing that he really wanted to know was why Vladimir really did not appreciate the sister of his company. Blaine had heard of the incident, but Blaine did not really want to do anything about it. It was none of his business. So he did not bother with it.

"Yeah, I am her brother. She isn't worse than Vladimir, trust me. Her problems are just the fact that they have to do with family. I won't say anything into detail, but in reality, she is just someone who is jealous of everyone and everything." Blaine shrugged. He did not think that one could truly compare Pandora and Vladimir. Vladimir could really hurt someone, and to Blaine, Pandora was all talk and no bite at all unless it was shoving another girl. When Zinaida said that she would hang out, and that he was cute, he practically flipped his hair over his eyes before he gave her a wink of his amber eye, "You really think I'm cute? You are a sweet cherry to the eye too, Zin. I think I will stick away from bullying since I don't want you to beat me up." Blaine then snaked his arm around her shoulder before continuing to walk with her, his eyes looking for Vladimir in case he came around. "Now, where to go?" He did not care where he went, as long as he was with the cute Hufflepuff.

Zinaida bit her lip. No matter how cute this boy was, she doubted that she would ever have the heart to share her brother's weaknesses. Smiling almost shyly, Zinaida flipped some of her hair out of her face and tried to think of something she could say. "As much of a pain in the butt as he is at times, I can't just go ahead and tell you his weaknesses. He's my brother." Zinaida explained, quickly coming to her brother's defense. Although they didn't always get along, Zinaida loved her brother dearly and would protect him in whatever way possible. Though if he kept bulling others like he was, Zinaida might just have to let the underdogs peck away at him. "Sometimes I worry that my family has completely brainwashed him and that I'll never get to see my brother be happy though. So he might be understood in that sense." Zinaida muttered, wishing that her brother wasn't chosen to be the head of the family. If he hadn't then he might not be as cruel as he currently was. He had no love within his heart and it was all because their family trained him to be nothing but a heartless monster. Zinaida wished she could change the way things were, but she had no power within the family standings whatsoever.

"Your sister acts this way because she's jealous? That's pretty awful considering the way I've seen her treat some of the kids around here." Zinaida couldn't believe that her brother was friends with someone so awful. Pandora was related to Blaine, so he had no choice but to be associated with her, but Vladimir had a choice and so far it would appear as if he had made a pretty rotten one. "I do, but don't let it get to your head mister." Zinaida poked Blaine's shoulder, hoping that he wouldn't get too cocky about her thinking he was cute. It was pretty adorable to see how happy he was to know that she thought he was cute. It made her feel particularly special. Then again, this was her brother's best friend so she knew better than to get too comfortable. "Come get some lunch with me?" Zinaida questioned when Blaine asked where she wanted to go. Zinaida didn't think someone would be joining her, but it would be nice to have someone join her. Just so long as her brother didn't see her hanging out with some boy. Even if it was his best friend, she was sure that Vladimir wouldn't react well.

Blaine felt somewhat disappointed when Zinaida said that she could not inform him of the weaknesses that Vladimir had. He sighed and he knew that she was right. She could not just go on ahead and tell him what his weaknesses were. "Yeah, I understand that. Just feel so inadequate next to him sometimes. The way he stands and even the way he talks. He is just so noble but cold as ice." It was another way for him to know that Zinaida would not spill anything at all about anyone. She seemed like she was just as noble when it came down to certain things. It was pretty nice. As soon as she said that she worried that her family have completely brainwashed him, and how she would never get to see her brother be happy, Blaine looked down. He had heard some of the things that the family had taught, but he did not think that it was brainwash. Then again, it was all by Vladimir too. So, he might not even realize it. "I heard some of the things, but they all came from him and it didn't seem so bad until you pointed it out."

The Ravenclaw shrugged his shoulders as he could go on about his sister, and how he knew so much about her, he also wanted to protect her to some extent. "Kind of. I'd tell you why, but well, I think I will need to protect her to some point. She will get what's coming to her one of these days though." However, he had to think about it, and maybe it will poke her in the ass one day. That would be funny. Blaine chuckled when Zinaida poked his shoulder when she said not to let it go to his head. He nodded and he winked at her, "I most definitely will let it get to my head, but I won't be obnoxious about it." He could guarantee that he would not let it get to his head. He looked down at hte ground for a moment and then asked if Blaine would like to get some lunch with her. He thought about it, and not wanting to ruin this special time with Zinaida, he figured that it would be best to just agree. "Yeah! Let's go to lunch. I am starved right now anyway. Plus the company is really nice." A lot nicer than those that he had seen around here.

Zinaida felt bad for Blaine. He felt the same way that she did at times, that he was barely dust in Vladimir's eyes at time. Zinaida smiled somewhat bitterly and pat Blaine's back. It was depressing to know that it wasn't just her feeling the affects of Vladimir's personality anymore. "I feel the same way sometimes. But then he opens his mouth and that arrogance comes in, and I'm reminded of the fact that he's just as human as I am." Her brother could seem almost unreal at times. He was just too cold and lifeless. That was the way he was trained to be, but Zinaida honestly wished that her brother wasn't like that sometimes. The young Hufflepuff severely missed the days where she and her brother used to play games together and have fun. "They would never seem so bad coming from his mouth. Vladimir has been trained to think that it's okay. But it's not. I'm not like he is though, mostly because I guess my family felt like I was too weak to great like Vladimir." Zinaida shrugged her skinny shoulders. It made her bitter. But at the same time she was thankful that she never had to go through that ordeal. It would probably tear her up inside.

"I'm sorry, but I hope that Belladonna girl that you guys have been picking on punches one of you in the face. You guys have it coming." Zinaida hoped it wouldn't be Blaine as much as it would her brother or Pandora, but Zinaida had seen some of the things they said and did to that poor girl. The scary part was that she had a vicious temper, and they seemed to ignore that fact all together. Weren't they afraid of her snapping? Zinaida probably offended Blaine by saying that, but despite her sweet nature, Zinaida was used to being very blunt. One had to be when they were close with Vladimir, otherwise he'd never take them seriously. "Please don't. I'd hate to have another version of my brother. He can be so arrogant when he gets what he wants. Come on! I'm hungry!" Zinaida latched her hand onto his wrist and pulled him towards the Great Hall. For the sake of his humility, Zinaida even offered to sit at the Ravenclaw table with him. Zinaida sat across from her brother's best friend and immediately began to dig into some juicy looking fruit sitting upon the table.

Blaine thought that it was nice that Vladimir was human. For a long time, he didn't think he was. But it was the way he was raised. Maybe he just could not help it? It was what he was thinking. Blaine let out a sigh and he agreed with her. The arrogance was just too much though. Blaine looked over at Zinaida and he said in regards to how she was not like him, "Your strength doesn't come from training, so it is a natural strength. I am glad you aren't like Vladimir. I feel that I don't have to be pressured to impress you as much. But yet, I still want to." He gave her another wink before flashing a charming smile. He did ignore the part about Belladonna. He knew that they were in for it when she finally started to step it up, or when her bigger brother finds out. He was a grade higher! He could do things. Blaine just hoped that he wasn't around when things turned around on them. "Okay, I won't be another Vladimir." He beamed as her hand latched onto his wrist. They could eat together and he was pretty happy. He started to chow down on the fruit as soon as they were seated at the Ravenclaw, starting on a pretty good friendship, a forbidden one. His best friend's sister.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back