OOC First Name
Cole
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Too Young :(
Morrigan was heading to the library for a new book to read. She had been enjoying some historical fiction lately, and it was a nice break from school books. She had already gotten a few books off the shelf and her plan was to take a seat, read the first chapter of each, and decide which one to take with her based on that. She looked around the library and while there were empty seats, the seat that interested her was near someone else. One Gregory Friend. Snow was pretty close friends with him as she recalled. And While Morrigan was sure they had met in passing a few times she'd never sat down and had a conversation with her.

Keeping a respectful distance from him, in case he was sick and that was why he was sitting alone, she set her books at the table. "Hey, mind if I come sit with you?" Asked the girl with a smile.

Gregory was trying, he really was. The exams were fast approaching and he'd just barely passed his last assignment. He was trying his best to just bring the grades up, but even between trying to take better notes and spend more time on his asignments he still wasn't doing very well. He was sitting on his own in an empty spot in the library trying his best to just actually work. He wasn't managing well, but trying, and then suddenly, Morrigan was in front of him. Or close to him. Gregory shook his head. "Go ahead," he didn't know Morrigan that well, only that she was friendly with Snow.

Morrigan smiled when he said she could sit. She took her spot across from him. "i think Snow talks about you enough for me to consider us acquaintances." She said laughing. It was quite obvious she was a little stiff on the socialization aspect, the way she talked and avoided main eye contact. Morrigan wasn't particularly shy, she just always felt a bit awkward when socializing. After all people could be so unpredictable. "What are you working on?" She asked, looking at her own selection of books - none of which were school related.

Gregory didn't particularly realise that Snow talked about him to other people. He was immediately curious as to what sort of things Snow said about him. "Yeah?" he said, trying to ask without saying what sort of things were said. Gregory glanced down at his work and then back at her. "I'm trying to wrap my head around Arithmancy," Gregory said. "You?" he could easily just talk about what they were doing, and not focus on whatever Snow had or hadn't been saying about him.

Morrigan nodded and gently laughed. "Don't worry, nothing bad." She assured, though she was sure Gregory didn't think that. After all, he was a nice guy from what Snow had told her. "Oh this is more like fun reading. Honestly I don't have very many interesting classes this semester." She remarked. "Arithmancy though? What made you choose that class? Do you like numbers?" She couldn't imagine taking a class on the way numbers decided personalities. After all, wasn't that as bogus as astrology? It was to her, though she didn't have much experience with it.

Morrigan's words didn't really reassure Gregory, nothing bad could still mean a whole number of things. But he wouldn't push it, he didn't think it was right to anyway. As much as he could hate it, it wasn't something he needed to focus on. Snow was one of only a few friends he had, he wasn't going to jeopardise it. Gregory didn't think any of his classes were interesting either, but he also didn't understand half of what he was being taught. "I thought I did, but not these numbers," he told her. Had this been the arithmetic he was used to, he might've liked it, but it wasn't. "Do you take electives?"

Morrigan laughed slightly. "Yeah, it's not like an arithmetic class for certain." Said the girl, who had attended a muggle primary school for her first seven or so years - until she started showing signs of magic. Her and her twin both had. "I didn't take any this semester no, but I think I might next. It's just so hard because none of the classes are nearly as interesting as the books I read." She said smiling. "Maybe I should write books for classes to make them interesting like these." She pointed at her books. "Which electives did you take, or is it just Arithmancy?"

Gregory nodded in agreement, feeling almost a little proud that he had managed to make her laugh, but fundamentally agreed with her statement and wish he'd known that before he'd picked the class. He would not have picked it, if he had known what it would be about. "Oh, what do you read?" he asked, wondering what she read that was so interesting. He nodded. "Just arithmancy, I'm passing things by the skin of my teeth, i didn't want to add too much more,"

He asked what she read and she offered to let him see some of the titles. "I mostly read historical fiction. You learn things while also getting to follow some interesting character lines. I enjoy them a lot." She added with a small smile. "There's nothing wrong with knowing your limits you know? My mom says you're never really a quitter if you've tried." She remarked a bit of wisdom from her ex-model mother. "Studying with Snow is going well though? She says you guys study like all the time."

Gregory nodded a little, he wasn't really a sort to have limits, or if he went by his limits he'd never do anything. He just wasn't good at school. At the mention of Snow, he blushed deeply. He kept his gaze away from Morrigan as he did so, both because of his maybe growing feelings for her, but also because one would expect as he studied so often that he was doing better at school than he actually was. "Sure, yeah," he said a little shortly. Though because he didn't know what else to say about it.

Morrigan didn't lose the blush on his cheeks, and seeing it made her want to question his feelings for her friend. Not because of any ulterior motive other than to tell Snow in case she didn't feel the same. ?And Morrigan got the feeling she didn't feel the same - not with the way she'd been talking to Cassius lately. Morrigan was very observant of these things. His short answer took her aback and she tried to play it off. "i'll try not to ask about it anymore." She said with a half laugh. "I probably shouldn't keep bothering you while you study though." She said opening her book.

Gregory felt bad for how he acted towards her, he frowned slightly, knowing that she didn't deserve his reaction, just because he wasn't managing much with it. "Oh it's okay, it's not going well," he said. "So, you know, talking, distractions are welcome," Gregory replied, speaking quickly trying to save himself from what he had at first said.

Morrigan figured it wasn't going well if he didn't seem to want to talk about it. She didn't mind avoiding sensitive subjects - she had some of those herself. He said distractions were welcome and she offered a gentle smile. "Then I suppose I'll continue to distract you." She didn't have anything important to say of course. No she only wanted to talk nonsense in between pages of her book and his - it was nice to have people to chat nothing with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back