Must have Quills

Sapphire Bookchild

OOC First Name
Ana V.
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Sapphire had gone back to the stationary shop for more quills. It was an obsession with her really. She had to date over sixty unique quills and she didn't think she was ever going to stop. Each one had a different design, nub, print style, type of bird it came from. Sapphire now sat on a bench near the school with an eagle feather quill in her right hand. She studied it with a smile on her face. She wondered if one day she would be known for her quill collection as well. She could just see it now "The woman with over a thousand quills." Sapphire giggled to herself at the though. Her mind then started to wonder from quills to the Hogwarts String Experiment. They where doing really well and for her it was like a sort of outlet that made everything seem better. All she had to do was pull across the strings of her cello and it was as if her feeling where going being resolved for her. Playing allowed her to think.

Though probably not better about what she was doing to her self. Sapphire had found a modified marking spell which made it so that anything drawn on skin with marker could stay there for as long as the caster wanted it there. Sapphire had wasted no time putting the tattoos that she wanted on her skin with her collection of markers. She had sleeves now as well as runes on the backs of her fingers. She had the last names of the siblings that she knew of where marked on her neck surrounding the rune for strength. She was planning more. One for when she figured out what the dream she kept having meant. She had done the one on her neck for the same reason but the dream still didn't go away. Sapphire still sitting on the bench got a sort of glassy eyed look as she lost herself in her mind.

For the past week, Dederick had been somewhat moody about his break up with Briar. Everything with them was over, but like the way he had lost Jaden, he had been torn apart for days. He said he would get over it soon, soon wasn't coming enough. Seriously what was he thinking with dating this girl? She was just someone he felt bad about, and that was it. There are something he wished he could take back, like actually saying may have found her interesting. Not that she wasn't, she was and she was different. She would make someone else happy one day, just not him. The nineteen year old dressed in regular clothes walked all around brights stone village. He gave up his bike, he no longer had in his possession, the boat everything he decided to give up. He will buy another boat just to work but he will live somewhere nearby. Dederick walked down the street, it was mid-afternoon, the sun was low a little heading towards the west of the skies, it was warm yet a little breezy. He could taste the small breeze from the ocean come at him, despite his mood, the weather made it all better somewhat in his favor.

He was drawn to a nearby bench, Dederick walked all day and was very tired for looking somewhere to go, because really he had no friends, his family was somewhere else, and all he really had was his new ferret he purchased towards the middle of the week. Investment he dared not regret, he sat down and slump his shoulder forward. The ferret he named it Spooky. It was the only name at the time he thought about, otherwise he'd have some corny name and he didn't want that for his pets. He felt bent out as he sat there, trying his hardest to enjoy the slight breeze, but he was not alone. He turn to his left, a girl with many quills sat aside from him. He looked at her briefly then looked away, he wasn't to confident in making her company, he just sat there like a lump of coal.

Sapphire came back to herself after a bit and realized that she wasn't alone. "Ekk Sorry. I must have seemed stoned back there." She said laughing brightly then putting the quill in her hand back in her the plastic bag with the rest of the ones she had brought that day. She took a good look at the boy that was sitting next to her and then popped out with the most random question that had to have been uttered when just meeting someone. "Have you ever been drawn?" Sapphire was already itching for her book bag which she hadn't brought with her this day because she thought it a bit extream to carry it around everywhere. Now she saw that was a mistake. This boy would made an excellent addition to her stack of memorable faces. She used them whenever she didn't have idea for a look she wanted for a character. She had quill and a pot of ink but no paper. Not enough to be depressed over but still something that wanted to cry 'why' over.

She realized how odd this sounded and grinned. "Sorry ignore me. I'm not that crazy believe me." She said laughing a little. She had just made a complete fool of herself in front of a total stranger but then again she really didn't care that she did. Though she had gotten better about it Sapphire still had a tendency to say whatever popped into her head without really thinking about it. It had gotten her in trouble a few times with some of her school mates but those that knew her knew that she never meant any of it as malice. She was just observant and after years of being silent didn't think it was all that bad to voice an opinion. Some people got really bent out of shape over it though Sapphire was trying best to learn tact.

Dderick frown. He took her reaction a little wrong, and was about to say something filthy to the girl. He stop. Why do I scare people away before they have their chance with me? He sighed, and shook his head. It's time you tolerate a little more and be kind to your neighbor, cause you never know when you will need them. "No it's fine, I don't think you were?" was that how he was suppose to say it, anyways the boy lower his gaze and rubbed his eyes. "No I've never been colored on or drawn, what do you mean by that?" he asked the girl. He looked down and saw she had a bag with him, where the quills may have disappeared and she was reaching out to get something. He suspect he meant art coloring, Dederick thought it was the oddest question anyone has asked him.

"Why spent your time coloring me, I'm not a statute or anything" he said to the strange girl. She was weird, but she was comforting, he guessed. He nodded, "It's alright, ah ummm guess you can draw me if you want. I won't have to be paying for this because I have no cash and I'm totally broke right now" Maybe she's one of those artist from the street. Great the first person to be nice to is someone who wanted to draw you, he must be interesting enough to talk too, so he didn't bother scaring this one away.

Sapphire looked at him sort of confused. "You mean people make money off of drawing people? Wish I had known that when I was living on the streets it would have made eating a whole lot easier." She said, remembering how she had to beg at the time to get enough gallions to eat something for the day. It had been hard but it also had been better than living with Bella-Donna. Sad fact but true, one that she wasn't going to tell a whole lot of people. The reporter woman already was going tell the world that she was one of the Bella-Donna children which she didn't mind. People had to know that at least one of them was normal. She had seen Blanca Rouge in the Prophet the day before. Under the obituaries, apparently she could't cope with the memories of what happened to them so she took her own life. It had hit Sapphire heard but she knew that what they had been through was a lot to live with even when it was over. "No I'm a comic book artist or at least going to be one. I draw strips on my own but haven't published anything yet." She said to explain herself.

"Want to say I collect faces but that sound creepy so I'll say that I make sketches of people that I see and use their general aesthetics in order to create characters. I see you as a hard core detective or something along those lines. I don't have parchment on me though so never mind." Sapphire said cheerfully. She may have explained herself well or she my have confused the boy further. All she knew is that she had just taken him down one of the paths that her brain went down all the time. Sapphire rolled up the top of the paper bag to keep her quills from falling out and to make a hand hold then offered the boy her free hand. "I'm Sapphire Bookchild and now totally convinced that I am way too weird." She said laughing a little bit at her last comment.

Dederick would admit it for the first time he was confused. He knew about artist in the street, and how they would draw others to make a living, but he didn't know about comic books. He didn't know about detectives and such. He was very dumbfounded when it came to some muggel aspect in the world. He actually didn't learn much of anything, except for being hostile and cruel, all in just to protect those around him. Obviously he didn't tried hard enough or Briar the c*nt wouldn't be a werewolf, but iit didn't matter anyways. Seems like she approved this horrible condition, Dederick sure as hell never did. It was the worst and he'll never stop thinking otherwise. The only solution is to hope death comes soon enough for him.

"Umm, I'm sorry, I really don't know what you were talking about" but he was quite relieved that she didn't have the chance to draw him yet. He was almost somewhat paranoid now that Briar could tell the Ministry he was the reason why she was a werewolf. He knew that would happen afterwards, but he didn't care he couldn't let it go on any further. "Dederick" he grip her hand a little, moved it a little and then let it go. Sh!t, what the hell amd I doing here? I should leave before --. He sat back on the bench, he was thinking of leaving thinking of ditching the sight of the girl but he was hit randomly, out of nowhere by some guy, whom apparently didn't like Dederick, and since he was no threat, Dederick took every blew he gave him, the man not caring about Sapphire, he just had it really bad for Dederick.

'Social awkwardness thy name is Sapphire' She thought as she saw the look of total cluelessness on Dederick's face. It was only natural since she just used like seven muggle terms but then wizards had comics too. She had seen the funnies on the Prophet and had seen The Mad Muggle comics from time to time at Florish and Blotts. Sapphire grinned knowing that she had come off as totally mad. She was going to excuse herself now so she could spare him the ordeal of dealing with creative madness when she saw someone come up and hit Dederick like some goon off a muggle street. Or like Bart if he where ever in the same room with Cage. Sapphire allowed herself a grin at the thought of her characters before turning to the matter at hand. "Hey ******* take a hike this is not the time or place to make scene." She said her but her hand was already at her wand.

Dederick seemed like the kind of guy that could take care of himself but they had been talking and that had just been rude. Sapphire hoped that she could make him go away so she could say her sorry to the boy and then take her leave. The guy told her to shut her mouth and Sapphire puffed up. She had been silent for years the words 'shut up' directed at her in any form made her angry. Sapphire whipped out her wand and shot three spells at the same time. Once to distract him, the second was a full body bind to paralyze and the third was a marking spell which put a black chibi sticking out it's tongue on the unknown man's skin. "Sorry if that was your fight but no one tells me to shut up." She said stomping her foot.

Dederick groan. He spat out some blood coming from his mouth, he was no ready to fight some random guy. As tasteful as the challenge sounded, he fell back hitting his head on the curb of the ground beneath him. He tasted his own blood, it was salty against his rough tongue. He groan some more, the pain was horrible. His head scream from the throbbing headache he now had and it was all because he was thinking about someone while talking to the weird girl. This is all her fault! He wanted to yell, scream, shout, so that he could blame her and yell at her, and tell her to go away. From his blurry vision, he saw that she was standing up for him, Dederick a stranger, the girl who knew less of him, standing up to the likes of him. he was impressed, he was impressed and hurt. He let out another throbbing moan, before he could unleash his own furry of hate, the guy left running down the street. he was in all type of pain, poor guy. More like poor Dederick, he sat up holding up against the bench. What the hell did he do to deserve that, was it Briar's little job?! He would think less of her more, this was just not right.

"You didn't have to do that...but thanks" he sighed. He was thankful sort of for stopping the on attack. He stood up staggering and fell once more to the ground bleeding from the side of his face. He was one big mess of nothing, he slump down to the floor besides sapphire and looked up at her with nothing in his eyes. "I'm sorry, I'm just one f*cked up dude" he laughed, because really there was nothing else to do but laugh. He could also make out a distant sound coming from down the street, the man was still hollering in pain. He touched the side of his face and swipe the blood running down his temple. He pressed on his temple, there was a mark there, there was one there and another on his shoulder blade. "What exactly did you do to him?" he cringe, the guy was gone, the sound died down after five minutes passed, and Dederick just had to ask the girl.

Sapphire saw the guy spead off. She had wanted the bind to keep him here so she could as what his issue was but it looked like her stinging jinx did a powerful number on him. Sapphire tossed back a blue/black curl with her hands on her hips. "Oh just a little something to make him remember to be nicer next time. Well nicer to a lady, if there is anything good that I was taught is the value of politeness." Saphhire said with a laught. That lesson was a particurally painful one for anyone that came from the Manor but something that she did thonk ws good even if it was taught in a bad way.

Sapphire looked down at Dedrick and saw that he was bleeding from the hit he took on the pavement. She put quills she had gotten in her purse then used the paper bag as gently as she could to soak up the blood. "With I where like one of my friends, he could fix you up right but then he wants to be a healer. Me on the other hand am just an artist." She said as she tried her best to make the fallen boy feel better. This was the extent of Sapphire's anger She puffed up in an instant but it was gone just as quickly.

He winced. "Remind me never to p!ss you off anytime soon, although I've been doing plenty of that on my own with no problem" he said miserably looking down. It was hitting him hard, maybe to soon, that me maybe regretting saying so many horrible things to Briar. Being Dederick was a constant regret though, it's a feeling he should already be used to all the time. There was never an easy moment for him, unless he was with someone as positive as Sapphire, or someone like his ex-girlfriend. Otherwise every waken day he was in a battle with his own skin. If he could just be able to do the unthinkable, then he wouldn't have to suffer anymore. He would hurt less, and not cause misery of his own to others. It be a perfect world with one less Dederick Cullen around.

He subsided to the pain, letting the bag wipe away the blood coming from out of his head. "It's alright, your doing your best" he let out another pathetic sighed, he couldn't look up to her as much anymore. One of his eye lost a bit of sight, not as much but it was very blurry. He held onto the bag with his palm, so she could stop assisting him. She didn't need to be to nice to him, the strange girl name Sapphire, but she was, and because if that he was less tense, and less eager to leave her company. "Can you stay with me for a while, maybe take me home? I don't think I can manage" he asked his rescuer.

Sapphire had a theory about what happened to people when they where put through the ringer like Ruby and herself. Ether you became a twisted poor excuse of a human being or you became an advocate for the weak or those that couldn't take care of themselves. The third option was her sister who couldn't even look at her own shadow without jumping but Sapphire was sure that this didn't happen often. "Sure I've got time before I have to head back to up to the school. Just don't go calling anymore rude men over to beat you up. I only have so many spells in my vocabulary." She said the stick out her tongue to show that she was joking.

She offered Dederick her hand to help him up. "Can you get up we can see about getting you a real bandage for that head." She said looking at the spotty paper bag. It was not as bad as it seemed but she wanted to make sure he was ok. "Do you live close or am I going to have to make a mad dash back after all this is said and done." She asked jokingly. She would get in trouble if she got back late she knew but she also knew that if she got caught by Professor Blaze or Professor Snow they wouldn't take points from her. Not with Hufflepuff having a real chance at the cup this year and all. She was have detention for a while and that was never fun but there was a first time for everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back