Must Have Missed

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
It was a room she had missed while exploring the castle. She wondered why she hadnt been in here before. She walked along the wall, stopping to read a few of the shining trophys. Although she wasnt really registering what she was reading, her mind was in another place. It flicked over classes and her time at Hogwarts and it stopped at the faces she had met, trailing slowly through them. She couldnt say she had a best friend yet and no one she could truly trust, but that was life. Her mind had blocked out everything else around her that wasnt her thoughts. Still walking around the trophys carefully, mindlessly reading one every now and again.

Beau's last attempt at exploring had ended up in a fight in which both he and Scorpious had ended up in the hospital wing, but this made no difference to him. He still walked confidently down the corridors looking out for anyone he recognised, or didn't for that matter. There was one place he hadn't yet been, and as he walked past the trophy room he thought he might as well take a look. He walked in and saw someone else there, he walked in he realised it was Taylor, "Hey you," he said smiling. "You okay?" he asked, realising she looked a little distant.

Taylor heard a voice and snapped to attention, perhaps a little too suddenly. She fell back a bit and knocked a trophy, quickly spinning she caught it before it fell. Letting out the breath she didnt realise she was holding, she also let go of the trophy carefully, she turned around and laughed lightly when she saw Beau. "Hey, im fine." She chuckled. "Just thinking. What brings you here." She flashed him a smile, choosing to ignore the fact that she had almost destroyed to trophy room. "I havent seen you around school yet, how you managing?"

"Woah, did I scare you?" Beau asked laughing as she managed to catch a trophy before it crashed to the ground. "Got at lot to think about by the looks of things," he said laughing. "Just exploring really," he said, relaxing a little now that he knew he wasn't going to find anyone unexpected wandering around.
"I know, yeah its been good," he said, his hand automatically reaching up to his nose which still had a slight bump in it from the fight. "How about you?" he asked, his hands dropping casually to his sides once more.

Taylor chewed her lip thoughtfully. "Yeah i guess i do." She took a glance around the trophy room. She watched as Beau scratched his nose, she couldnt help but think he looked slightly drained. She shook it off thinking maybe it was the light in this room. "Ive been pretty good. Hogwarts is finally starting to feel like home after the awkward first week." She smiled, bowing her head slightly, but not breaking eye contact with Beau. "You enjoying classes?"

Taylor blushed slightly, not really wanting to talk about why she hadnt really enjoyed the first few weeks. She hadnt spoken about it to anyone. Looking away from Beau she tried her best to sound truthful. "I dont know, getting used to classes and such." She mentally slapped herself, that was a terrible lie. "Classes are great now though." Mentally slapping herself again at the realisation that classses were great and she had to admit this fact now. "Id have to say DADA is my favourite. Although learning about the dark arts with Hufflepuffs is strange." She chuckled. "What about you?" Moving the conversation along quickly hoping Beau hadnt noticed her completely stupid lie, although it would be a miracle if he hadnt.

Beau raised his eyebrows at Taylors obvious lie but said nothing more on the matter.
"Charms," he said confidently, "the other are okay though I guess," he said shrugging. "How Gryffindor then?" he asked chuckling, that was something he never thought he would ask, or care for the answer from anyone other then Blair.

She let out a breath at the fact that Beau had let the matter slide. "I havnt got charms this semester, i cant wait for it though. Gryffindor is ok. I find i get along better with people in other houses though." She said giving Beau a look. She let out a laugh. "How about you." She was tempted to ask about the Toni situation. She had talked to the girl just today and she had said everything was sorted, so Taylor didnt really care for it anymore, so she let it disappear from her mind.

Confusion briefly flashed across Beaus features and Taylor switched her gaze to the trophys lining the walls. "Thats wicked." She said absently. She dug around for something to continue the conversation with. Once again tempted to bring up the Toni situation, but she pushed it back down. Going for the next best thing she asked Beau. "So anything new in your life?" It was a terrible attmept at conversation, but it would do.

"I guess im the same." She sent him a smile, when she finally looked back at him. "Wow, arent we exciting." She joked sarcastically. How she hated how much she was failing at conversation. She wasnt normaly like this with people. She could usually bring up anything, she was struggling. Picking up a strand of hair she began to twist it between her fingers distractedly, glancing down at her feet.

"Am I boring you?" Beau said chuckling as she looked at the floor and began fiddeling with her hair, he began walking around the room looking at the trophies, "These are pretty amazing don't you think?" he said, his voice sounding well and truely British as his accent wrapped around the words. He didn't look back at her, or wait for her answer but contiued to walk around the room glancing from case to case.

Taylor let go of her hair and stood up straight at Beau's comment. "No, im just at a loss of what to say. You have left me stumped." She laughed, her gaze following Beau as he walked around the room. "Yeah they are, i hope to see my name written on one some day." Her finger trailed over the name on one of the trophys.
((im going to bed now but ill finish tomorrow :) night ))

She chuckled lightly, with a gentle smile on her face. "I dont know." Still tracing the trophy with her finger. "Just be nice for students in a few years time to come down and be like 'wow this Taylor person won this'." She laughed. "That sounds riduculous." Even if it did it was true, she had never won anything when she lived in the muggle world, she wanted better luck in the wizarding community. She stopped tracing the trophy and turned back to Beau and let out a light laugh, for no particular reason, just to fill the silence she supposed.

Beau laughed, "I guess that would be pretty cool," he said thinking about it, "What award would you like then?" he asked, his voice softer then it normally would have been, he was enjoying the fact that she seemed to laugh for no reason and even more the fact that he stumped her. He walked over to her slowly, his eyes fixed on hers, his arm brushing past her as he walked straight past her towards the trophies he just couldn't resist doing it, now that she had told him.

Taylor thought about her answer, maybe Quidditch? Then again, she didnt know if she was that good yet. "Im not sure, i wouldnt mind being head girl." That would be pretty good, it would give her sisters something to live up to. "What would you want?" She asked absently, now keeping his gaze as he walked towards her. She froze in place. He reached her, but walked straight past her, brushing her shoulder. She silently let out a breath facing away from him. She closed her eyes trying to rid the blush from her face before she turned around to face him. She decided to place a smirk and a raised eyebrow to her face.

"Head girl?" Beau repeated. "That would be quite an acheivment," he said, "Me? I'm not sure, I'll have to try out a few more things," he said laughing.
"What?" he said, raising his eyebrows back at her, "Whats that look for?" he said, smirking slyly as he saw a slight colour to her cheeks.

She laughed and shook her head, not really knowing how to answer that question. What was that look for? Taylor didnt know. She averted her eyes and tried to will her blush to go down, he had obviously noticed. There was a silence that followed and Taylor coughed slightly to try and break it.

She looked back at Beau and thought about the question for a moment. "You know, not really." She began walking around to look at the trophies too. "How about yourself? Any love interests for Beau?" She asked cheekily, a smirk in place. Not really knowing how he would respond to that question.

Beau laughed, "I don't think so.....well not just yet," he said turning to have her and raising an eyebrow suggestively, though really he wasn't suggesting anything, he knew it wouldn't look like that though. He was having fun now and as he turned and began to walk again his eyes danced over the trophies.

Taylor raised an eyebrow of her own. She allowed a smirk to reach her features and she let out a slight snort of laughter, before shaking her head and looking away. Flirt, she thought with a laugh. Although she couldnt say she was much better. Absently, she began to follow Beau at a distance, skimming her eyes past rows of shining achievements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back