OOC First Name
Jess K
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Straight 9 Inch Sturdy Aspen Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Evan was sure she was climbing the stairs between the sixth and the seventh floor. She was sure she had been counting correctly on her way up the stairs... But she reached the top of the stairs to find she was wrong, and she still had an entire floor to go before she could collapse in the Gryffindor common room. Classes were exhausting, homework was exhausting, magic was exhausting and walking around the giant castle was the most exhausting of all. Evan looked around to find an empty bench where nobody was sitting. Once she did, she wandered over and flopped melodramatically onto her back, lifting her feet up onto the bench- it was a a horrible make-shift bed but Evan needed to rest. She decided to close her eyes, just for a moment, surely nobody walking past would mind.

Sigurd had been on his way down from the Ravenclaw Tower, he wanted to go explore the grounds some more. As he walked through the sixth floor corridor, he spotted someone who appeared to be taking a nap on a bench- it was Evan, the girl who Sigurd had met on the Hogwarts Express. He tiptoed over to the bench, to see if she was actually asleep.

Evan lay with her eyes closed for a few moments before she heard quiet footsteps walk up and stop right next to her. She hoped it wasn't a Professor coming to tell her off for napping in the corridor. She opened her eyes ready to explain herself, but to her surprise it was Sigurd, the boy she had befriended on the train!

"Oh, hello Sigurd!" She sat up and scooted over on the bench, gesturing for Sigurd to come and sit next to her. "I was just taking a moment, Hogwarts is exhausting, isn't it?!"

Sigurd smiled as Evan gestured for him to come and sit with her. "You were sleeping, weren't you?" He giggled as he sat down. He noticed Evan's robes indicated she had been sorted into Gryffindor. "Oh wow, Evan, you're a Gryffindor! You were so worried on the train, look at you now!" He recalled how Evan had been so nervous to start Hogwarts, and everything they had talked about on the train. Upon arriving at Hogwarts however he had been too mesmerized by the Great Hall's appearance to pay attention to what house anybody else had been sorted into, and sadly hadn't run into Evan since. It was nice to see her again, and he'd hoped that she'd managed to settle in comfortably. "How are you finding everything? Enjoying your classes?"

Evan sighed when Sigurd mentioned Gryffindor, she still didn't quite understand what it meant for her. "I don't know how I feel about being in Gryffindor, it's all so strange to me." Evan yawned, she was still quite tired, but she didn't mind catching up with Sigurd. "Classes are okay, I guess. I like charms, and I guess potions isn't bad. How have you been though, Sigurd? How is your.. um.. your golem?!" Evan couldn't remember if that was the correct name of the creature that Sigurd had with him on the train.

Sigurd gave Evan a sympathetic smile, it seemed she was struggling a little bit but at least she was finding ways to enjoy herself. "I love potions, isn't Professor Pendleton great? Hang on, we must be in the same class! I hadn't even noticed! We should sit together!"

When Evan asked about his Golem, Sigurd beamed. "Oh, Clumpy's here!" He opened his messenger bag and let the golem crawl out and up his arm onto his shoulder. "Clumpy, remember Evan? Wave hello to Evan!" He instructed the clay creature, who gave the girl a wave. Sigurd had taught his golem a few simple commands already, and Clumpy was proving to be a most enjoyable companion.

Evan burst into laughter "You silly, I sat next to you! Although I can't blame you for not noticing me, Professor Pendleton's song was.. shall we say... show stopping!" Evan beamed when Clumpy emerged from Sigurd's bag and waved at her, she waved back enthusiastically. "You're a wonder, Clumpy!" She almost wished she had a golem herself, although she delighted in watering her dancing daisy each morning and the novelty of watching it dance hadn't grown old yet.

"But how have you been, Sigurd. Is it okay if I call you Sig? It's so good to talk to you, I'd have said hello in potions if I had showed up a little earlier, but I try to concentrate in class." It felt good to sit and chat with someone, she was still exhausted but Evan always felt a little light conversation with a good friend to be almost as important as sleep when it comes to taking care of her daily needs, if not more important!

Sigurd scratched his head, trying to recall Evan sitting next to him in potions. "You're right, I must have been totally mesmerized by Pendleton's song. It's still in my head!" Sigurd began to sing, kicking his feet in time to the melody. "Ginger is not magic, which I rather think is tragic" He pulled his best tragic face at Evan, raised a finger to his eye and ran it down his cheek, miming one single tear drop. He couldn't keep a serious face though and broke into laughter. "Yeah, you can call me Sig!" Most people usually ended up calling him Sig eventually, he had grown up with the shortened name

Users who are viewing this thread

Back