Murder Me Slowly

Ezekiel Hamilton

Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
It had been a long, long while since he last roamed the grounds. Was it that they were filled to the brim with danger? Was it the haunting memories that poked at his brain like a trident around every corner? What was so appealing about the inside? The bland, brick walls with the same look everyday. How had he lived like that for so long? Zeke had allowed himself to get sucked up into his studies. Or was that just another excuse? Most likely, he thought to himself as he stared at his flowing reflection in the dark lake, What else have you got?

Well there was the minuscule fact that he had little to no friends anymore. It seemed like his original circle of friends had either graduated and left or went their separate ways...The most prominent case being Cheryl. Damn, he hated bring that up. It was the biggest catastrophe of his life. A hole that would never be filled. This hole felt like an abyss to him. An abyss that needed to be filled with a variety of substances. Friendship, Love, Family, Morals, Hatred.

Damn you are a nut case, he thought to himself again. "How have I kept myself together?" He whispered to the mirror of a lake, but it only asked him the same question. Peering back into his own dark eyes he could see the pain he had accumulated through all of his life. He wished it would drown in the lake..

Life at Hogwarts was becoming very bland in recent days. The days went quickly, but the minutes.. they took forever. Classes were same-old, same-old, and everything between them was just utter boredom. Vivienne felt like she hadn't had any human interaction in a long time, and she wondered why that was. All her friends were right there, but she just felt too lazy to do anything with them. Maybe it was just the fact that she was now a second year that cause Vivienne to feel this bored. Maybe it was because Hogwarts was being too familiar, and it wasn't fresh and exciting like it had once been. Either way, nothing had happened in a while to make her leap out of bed in the mornings.

Strolling across the lakefront, Vivienne remembered everything she'd done here over the past year. The lakefront held so many memories, and it was one of her favourite parts of Hogwarts. With a small smile, she walked slowly down towards the bank. About to sit down, Vivienne noticed another boy looking into the lake, not far from her. As she'd just been thinking about how lazy she was when it came to keeping in touch with her friends, she decided to change that now. Vivienne hoped she wouldn't be interrupting anything, as he skipped over to the boy, with a friendly smile on her face. "Hello," she said simply in her usual soft voice. "I don't think I've met you before."

Zeke's eyes had been perplexed, when the pebble had ironically fallen like a rock into the waters depths. His more intelligent side, had picked up on the queries fuzzing through his mind. On whether the stone would have zoomed longer with more force in his wrist action, or whether it was the slight breeze making the tree's echo there song. His right eye brow lifted, in a thinking position, while his body lost its side of annoyance to reveal a calmer section. He had hoped or maybe even thought the girl had watched. That was arrogant of him, wondering if the girl had realized why he had suddenly acted. Maybe that was too complex for the girl.

Zeke felt that he needed to express himself a little more, the girl was obviously not following his tactics. Zeke looked up at girl and smiled slowly at her, his palms beginning to sweat. Zeke was quiet for a moment longer, watching the water lap against the shore and listening to the soft whistling of wind through the trees nearby. It was soothing, being out here; at least any dangers out here were predictable and known.

"Hey, I'm Ezekiel Hamilton, you can call me Zeke, " he answered at last, when enough silence had gone by it seemed almost as if he wasn't going to acknowledge her greeting. He let another moment go by before speaking again.

"Pleasure to meet you," he added, turning his head to peer up at her.

Vivienne stood watching, as the boy skipped a stone. She had never been very good at it herself. Her hands were clasped together behind her back, and she kicked lightly at the ground restlessly. Vivienne was usually quite good with words, but today she was at a loss. Not for any particular reason, but simply because it was one of those days. Deciding to have a go, she bent down and placed a smooth stone in her palm. With a sharp flick, it went skipping across the silky water a few times, before making a light splash and disappearing into the water below.

Waiting in silence a few moments longer, Vivienne wondered if she should speak, or just leave. Opening her mouth to say 'Right, bye then..', the boy spoke to her, so she quickly closed her mouth. She listened as he introduced himself. "Zeke," she smiled, thinking it was an interesting name. Not very common, like her own. "I'm Vivienne.. Esquire, but most people just call me Viv," she finished, extending her hand to Zeke to shake. "And it's a pleasure to meet you too."

Zeke stood up straight and glanced around. There were only a few people around the lake, despite the beautiful day. Likely he wasn't the only one who'd had an class test to study for recently. He did see a boy very close to him, however, staring at the lake. He recognized him from a few classes, but didn't know him by name.

Finally with complete control over himself he turned to face her. Eyes shone like true emeralds in the sunlight. No reflection or shadow moved in unison with him, just him. Emeralds looked her over taking in everything about her. She was a very pretty girl. Running a deathly pale hand through his mess of hair he turned back to the lake for a brief moment. His mind brought up an image of him and Jenna in the garden not to long ago.

He turned back to her, his eyes met hers holding them in his gaze. A charming melodic voice brought some form of life to the person before her. "What house are you from? I'm from Slytherin." A half smile spread across his face reaching his eye, and revealing glistening white teeth which, like the lake next to them shone and sparkled. The angel's voice again surrounded them as he spoke. "So how are you today Miss?" he asked politely, lowering his gaze out of respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back