Mulling Things Over

Amy Stone

Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Amy had felt a little overcrowded in the common room and so decided to take herself out for a walk. She was going to go outside intot he grounds but the bad weather had taken away that idea. Instead she took herself around the school.
She liked walking, it was good for when she was thinking. However she was rather tired and so just sat herself down, not noticing where she really was.
She was worried about her dad, she hadn't heard from him in a while. She knew that he would be busy with his patients but she thought he would make time to write. She had written to her uncle about it but she hadn't heard back from him recently.
She completely lost track of time as she sat there and worried.

[color=660000]Jolly was walking absently down the second floor corridor, a book in hand. She read as she walked and thankfully, didn't come across any obstacles because she barely looked up. On the rare occasions that Jolly did look up, nothing interesting caught her eye. This time, however, when her eyes fleetingly glanced around the dark corridor, her eyes fell on a familiar figure, who was just sitting down by the wall.

It was Amy Stone, Jolly's good friend and fellow Gryffindor. Jolly shut her book softly and walked over to where Amy sat, looking extremely concerned about something. "Hey, Amy," Jolly spoke softly so as not to frighten her friend. "What are you doing here all alone? Is something wrong?"[/color]

Amy had been so lost in her thoughts she hadn't even heard footsteps approaching her. She jumped slightly as she heard Jolly's voice, and heard the concern in her voice. She chucked a quick smile on her face.
"Oh hi Jolly, I didn't hear you coming!" she said, "Oh me? Yeah i'm fine thanks, how are you?" she asked, turning the conversation away from herself. "Good book?" she asked, noticing the book she was holding in her hand.

[color=660000]Amy jumped slightly when Jolly spoke and Jolly wondered what she had been thinking about. It would have to be something really tension-inducing or Amy wouldn't be so engrossed in her thoughts. So when her friend said that nothing was wrong, Jolly narrowed her eyes slightly, which gave her a kind of mysterious look. That was not what she was going for, though. Anyway, that's not the point.

"Yeah, it's a good book," said replied vaguely. Then settled down gently next to Amy and looked directly into her eyes. "You look worried, Amy. What's wrong?" she asked softly.[/color]

Amy smiled as Jolly sat down next to her. She had a feeling that Jolly was watching her carefully and perked herself up a bit. "Yeah I'm fine really" Amy said with a smile. "How are you anyways? Whats the book called?" she asked. She loved reading herself and was always ready and willing to hear about peoples books that they had read.

[color=660000]Jolly wasn't convinced. She didn't think Amy was fine. There was just something about her expression that made her think something was wrong. "I don't think you are," she said, but did not wish to press the subject. Why would Amy tell her anything? They weren't best friends? Jolly decided that she didn't expect her to, so she smiled and replied to her question, "I am fine. This book is typically centered around four ladies. It's called Little Women. It's a great book!" she said enthusiastically.[/color]

"I'm fine, really" she said earnestly. She listened as Jolly told her about the book. "Ooo I've heard about that book! Where are you up to?" she asked settling herself down more comfortably.

[color=660000]"Have you? Isn't it wonderful?" Jolly gushed, hugging her book to herself. "I love classics. I even read Jane Eyre and Around the World in 80 Days. Awesome, they are. Nothing," she added, replying to Amy's question. "I was just wondering around reading this book. I didn't know where I was going."[/color]

"Classics are good!" Amy said smiling, now feeling glad of the company to take her mind off of things. She chuckled at Jollys reply to her question, "I get like that when I read" she said.

[color=660000]"Yeah, definitely," grinned Jolly happily. She shut the book of 'Little Women' and put it aside as she talked to Amy. "It's a fact, when you are too engrossed in something, you know where you are going or what's happening around you." She smiled. "Which is your favourite book? Muggle and wizarding alike?"[/color]

"I know, you become completely absorbed into the book!" Amy said. She was happy to talk to somebody about books as it was something she had completely engrossed herself in since she was little. "My favourite? Theres so many!" Amy exclaimed before thinking about it. "I do love the Lewis Carrol Narnia books though" she said turning to Jolly. "What about you then?" she asked in return.

[color=660000]When Amy mentioned Narnia, Jolly perked up instantly. She loved the Narnia series. "Oooh, yeah. I love those. Aslan reminds me of a someone that I can't remember right now," she told Amy, knitting her eye-brows together in concentration. Jolly remembered her mother used to tell her stories of the wizarding world. Of the war that had taken place before Jolly was even born...there was one person who reminded her terribly of Aslan, but she couldn't put a finger on who. "Well, my favourites...let's see. I like The Time Machine by H.G.Wells. Lord of the Rings by Tolkien. Almost all of Enid Blyton's books." She grinned in satisfaction. She had grown up reading Lewis, Tolkien, ****ens and Enid Blyton.[/color]

"They're all great authors!" Amy said happily. "I just love reading, I'll lend you some of my books I've brought with me if you want?" she asked Jolly. She liked sharing her things with people, so that maybe they could enjoy them as much as Amy had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back