Open Mornings Are Not For Me

Aroha nodded. She fully understood why someone wouldn't want to swim in the sea. She found his point about heights interesting. "You know, I've never thought about it but some of the towers do get kinda high and there aren't really guard rails on all the staircases. You'd think they would try that, but maybe they just figured if someone breaks a bone they can just wave a wand and fix it." Aroha had heard of such things being done, though she'd never broken a bone herself. "That's a clever idea with your owl though. I'd love to not have to walk all the way to the owlery." Aroha was less concerned with heights, more concerned with less legwork.

Helios nodded in agreement, since of course no one had actually thought about it. The Towers were high and everyone just assumed that everyone would be careful. But he knew all it took was one mistake, someone going too fast, someone pushing past others and then someone could fall, and breaking a couple of bones would be maybe their smallest injuries. "Magic makes us comfortable, so we don't think about this until its too late, and sure maybe a person might only break a bone or two, but what if they ended up falling wrong, and hitting their neck, you know?" he said. He wasn't sure she understood the why, but if more people thought it cool, maybe more would do it and he could get a professor to listen to him. "I'm trying to get professors to listen to me about some of it,"

Aroha thought Helios had a point; she wasn't one to be overly worried about safety usually but there were some easy fixes she thought that could improve things around the place at the very least. "I think you're right, magic does make us think everything will just be alright." Aroha made a sympathetic face at the idea of someone hitting their neck. That didn't sound good at all. "Yikes, that'd be awful," she said sincerely. She wondered how that was going for him - if professors were taking him seriously. "Are they listening to you, do you think?" Aroha asked. She still didn't fully agree with Helios on everything, but even adults had to see he had a few good points.

Helios was glad that Aroha was seeing his side of it. That he was perhaps getting someone on to his side about it. Even if they might not actually do anything about it as he would. "Not yet, but they will," he said with a shrug. "I'll just keep telling them," he said since to him it was that simple and this fight was worth it to him. "I can show you some of the other unsafe things I've found, if you've got time?" he suggested, not sure if she would have time or be interested in them.

Aroha admired Helios' dedication, if anything. She wasn't as driven to get things in Hogwarts sorted out, but she saw how it was important in some areas. "Yeah, that's a good idea," Aroha agreed, thinking the idea of wearing down the professors would probably work eventually. Aroha thought about it for a moment. "You know what, that could be fun. After flying class?" she asked, still excited for her lesson.

Helios nodded with a smile, happy that Aroha seemed on board and keen, so that was good. "Sure, I'll wait at the side of the pitch for you," he agreed, since he would maybe go along to the class but was going to refuse to participate in it.

Aroha gave a big nod. "Choice," she said with a grin. "We should get moving though. I think the lesson starts soon." Aroha got up from her seat, reflecting briefly on how nice it'd been to have a good conversation over breakfast. It had had its ups and downs, but overall Aroha had enjoyed herself, and she looked forward to more after flying class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back