Morning Lullabies

Noelle Lurken

OOC First Name
Pat
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Noelle was feeling very gung-ho about her pregnancy and in one more day the birth of her daughter. So far it had been a very painless situation, well except when her precious little boy had run away from home but that was all handled, and in only a few hours she was going to get up and go to Saint Mungo's to have the baby girl. As she checked the calender she smiled, on September third she would be able to hold her daughter and she wouldn't have to have her bladder squeezed almost every second. Speaking of, she thought with a roll of her eyes and as she was heading to the washroom she nearly slip on a puddle of liquid and her eyes widened slightly. "Millard," she called shakily to her husband as she rubbed her stomach softly, knowing that soon enough the contractions would begin.

"Millard the baby is coming!" she called even louder as she carefully waddled over to her son, Peter who was watching his television program, Seaseme Street. "Pete, come here. It's time to be a big brother," she said cheerfully, but with a small form of anxiety forming in her voice. The five year old's face brightened up and he walked over to her as he grabbed his jacket from the hook.

We must wait for Pat to post before they actually arrive at Saint Mungo's.

Millard was glad of the normality of life over the past few months, apart from the few false alarms. Then there was the whole ordeal when Peter ran away, but thankfully everything had worked out just fine and they were a normal family again. With Noelle ready to give birth any day now Millard was constantly making sure everything was ready for if and when the moment arrived that they had to go to St Mungo's. As Millard went about a few chores around the house he heard Noelle call out for him. There was something in her voice that gave alarm to Millard, he knew something was right.

Rushing out to where Noelle was sitting Peter he heard her call out that the child was coming. With excitement and anxiousness rushing through him he made his way to Noelle's side. With a few flicks of his wand he quickly cleared up Noelle's water and summoned the bags to them. Throwing on his coat he came to Noelle's side, "Are you ready?" he asked as he put his arm around her to give her support.

Noelle just looked down at her hand over her stomach, as Millard came over to her she exhaled nervously and said, "More then ever." She smiled brightly at her ex-husband before looking over at her son. "Peter, hold Daddy's hand." She grinned toothily at her love before she apparated them all very carefully to Saint Mungo's Hospital.

Major lameness.

Millard beamed at Noelle, he felt so much love for her right now and how could he not, she was about to give birth to his second child. When Peter had gotten his coat on Millard put out his hand for his son to grab. Making sure that he had a tight grip on his family he apparated off to St Mungos.

"Stay here." he said once he made sure that Noelle was steady and that they had all arrived in one piece. "Hello? I have a woman here ready to give birth!" he called out, his voice held urgency in it, "A little assistance would be great!" he said, getting annoyed that no one had turned up yet, what could be more serious than the birth of his child?

Corinne had just delivered another baby, a difficult labor indeed when exhausted she walked out into the lobby to hear a man frantically calling for assistance. With a weary sigh she gathered herself together and putting on her best smile and calm demeanor she approached them.

"Alright, it's going to be alright" she summoned a wheel chair to take the woman to the labor ward with more ease and as she held it and guided her carefully in began asking routine questions in her relaxed voice.
"When did the contractions start? How far along are they? How are you coping with the pain?" each question was broken as she waited for a reply.

Millard was getting more and more annoyed that no one had come yet, he really didn't want to have to hurt anyone not on the day of his childs birth at least. Finally he saw someone approach them who seemed far too relaxed for Millard's liking, at least she was taking some control over the matter. Moving to Noelle's side he took his son's hand with one hand and held Noelle's hand with his other one as she moved along side the wheelchair. "Her water only broke a short while ago." he replied, not sure if Noelle had started to have her contractions yet.

Noelle was rather relaxed while her love was the most adorable amount of anxious as he found help for them. As he did, she fought through a small contraction but still a contraction. "Ugh," she groaned painfully, this was the fourth one she had today but she had naively put it down to indigestion so as she was sat down in the wheelchair. "Not long ago. It doesn't hurt too badly, just enough," she answered the young woman and looked over at Millard gently as she held his hand while the other rested on her belly. Her swollen thumb ran along his knuckles lovingly.

Corinne listened intently as she did a quick time check on the contractions. They were still irregular and far enough apart though strong.
"Not to worry with the waters, sometimes it takes hours after they break before the baby decides he or she is really ready to come out." she smiled kindly at the parent who seemed so stressed and anxious while the mother seemed relaxed considering.

"Noelle would you like some pain medication. It is best to take it earlier than later, I can have a potion made up immediately if you think you might require one"

Noelle nodded her head, at the Midwife's question. During Peter's birth she vowed that if she ever had another child she would not go without pain medication again and here she was having her baby girl and she was going to keep that promise to herself. "Yes please," she said politely, looking over at Millard, hoping to calm him because she had a feeling that this was making their first child nervous about the whole thing and she didn't want him to run away again, she simply couldn't handle that strain on her heart again.

For the sake of getting this out of the bleeping way:

After hours of painful labor, Noelle lay in the bed with her beautiful daughter wrapped in her arms, grinning from ear to tired ear. She didn't want to look away from her new born daughter but she felt as if Millard should see this the way she was, even though she knew that he absolutely adored their daughter. "Millard," she said, tears flowing down her red cheeks from the overwhelming joy that bubbled inside of her. "She's.." Noelle was unable to finish what she was about to say about her darling Charlette so she looked back at her sleeping babe.

Millard couldn't understand how the woman were able to remain so calm, sure Noelle had been through this before but so had Millard. He had been there every step of the way through Peter's birth but if anything he was more nervous this time round. As he simply stayed back as he let the mid-wife work with Noelle he made sure to keep Peter pre-occupied, after he had ran away Millard had kept an even closer eye on his son so as to not do or say anything that may upset him again.
As the hours passed Millard grew more and more impatient but he had thankfully calmed down slightly. Thankfully Peter had fallen asleep after fighting off his sleep, he had been so excited to see his new baby sister but after a while the excitement couldn't keep him awake any more. When the sound of crying came from the hospital room a sigh escaped Millard's lips. Making his way over to his love he couldn't help but smile at the scene. A mother holding her new child was one that touched the Death Eaters heart, especially seeing as that mother was his love and the child was his daughter.

Leaning over the bed he pushed a bit of hair behind Noelle's ear and kissed her forehead lightly. "I know." he replied. He knew Noelle enough after all these years to know what she was going to say without having to say it. His little Charlette was so precious, he couldn't believe how lucky he was to have her, and Noelle and Peter all in his life. What had he ever done to have such a good life? "I love you!" he said, turning his attention back to his love, kissing her on the forehead again.

Noelle blinked her tears away as she looked down at her new born daughter. She was so beautiful. She loved her family more then anything and as she felt her hair moved behind her ear she knew she wanted Millard back into her life permanently. She wanted to be more then the mother of his children, she loved him and he loved her. They were older and more mature now, they could work together right? "I love you too Millard," she said as his lips touched her forehead. She carefully held her daughter in one arm, as she reached up for the back of Millard's neck. Noelle slowly guided his lips to her own and gave him an elated kiss. Her lips lingered on his as she slowly pulled away to return her arm around their tiny daughter, Charlette.

Millard beamed as Noelle returned her love for him, not that he didn't know this but he loved to hear it - almost as much as he loved her. Millard kept his eyes locked on his little Charlette, she was an angel that's for sure. Feeling Noelle's hand on the back of his neck he slowly and carefully lowered himself towards her and pressed his lips gently on her own, linger lovingly before he retracted so as to allow Noelle to support Charlette properly. "I'll be right back." he told Noelle, kissing her softly on her forehead again before leaving the room.
As Millard walked up and down the empty corridors of St. Mungos he tried to clear his mind. For the past few months that Millard had been staying with Noelle and Peter he had been happier than he had in a while. He knew that when he was with is family it was where he belonged. Although, after Peter ran away Millard had let his mind be filled with the reason Peter ran away and he couldn't help but think if he and Noelle getting back together again would be such a bad thing. With two children now, they were clearly older now and more aware of what they wanted. Making sure the small box still held the ring he had picked out for Noelle he made his way back to the room.
Quietly entering the room so as to not waken the sleeping children he approached the bed. "You must be tired. Do you want me to put Charlette in her crib?" he asked, hoping she would oblige so he could ask her properly.

Noelle looked up as Millard reentered the hospital room and smiled at him before looking down at their sleeping child. "I am tired," she admitted softly before kissing her baby's forehead and handing her to Millard cautiously. "Where did you go?" she asked curiously.

oh god that was pitiful.

xD

Millard nodded as he lifted his daughter from her mothers arms. As he walked her over to the crib at the other side of the bed Millard kept his gaze downcast towards his sleeping daughter. Placing her gently down into the crib he gave her a small kiss of the forehead, watching her for a few more seconds. He could have easily stayed by her side, watching over her with as much love and an overwhelming sense of protection that he was sure would never fade for her. He could have, but was taken out of the daze as he heard Noelle speak again.

Turning towards his love he walked back round to her other side, opting to not to go through the whole 'down on one knee' routine again he sat on the bed beside her, much preferring the closeness. Taking her hand he gave a soft sigh. "No where in particular, I just needed a walk to clear my head." he said, never lying to Noelle, their relationship meant so much to him that he would never lie to her. "Noelle I've been thinking." he started off, rubbing her hands with his thumb softly, staring lovingly into her eyes.

Taking a sigh he began to talk. "The past few months that I've spent with you and Peter have been wonderful and with Charlette now here I don't want it to end. I know our relation in the past has had it's ups and downs but I want to try and make it go again. The time we've spent together recently has made me realise why I feel in love with you in the first place. So if you'd take me, again," he paused to reach into his pocket pulling out a small black velvet box. Opening it he showed her the engagement ring he had chosen. The reason he had decided to get a new engagement ring was a simple one, he wanted a new start with Noelle and to make a new start, a new ring seemed appropriate. "Would you, Noelle Elise Viera, marry me...again?" He asked with a grin on his face, laughing lightly at his mention of the word 'again.'

Noelle pulled her blankets up and watched her love put their peacefully sleeping daughter in the crib the hospital supplied in all the rooms in the maternity ward. She wiped the tears that dared to come into her eyes as she watched her ex-husband and their new born daughter interact with one another. This was a truly beautiful moment in her eyes, and equally as beautiful was her sleeping baby boy in the chair, curled up in himself. It was a wonder how he had been able to sleep through all of that, but he was exhausted and she knew this.

As Millard sat beside her, Noelle looked up at him, her own cerulean blue eyes meeting his with the most affectionate gaze she had ever given. She had never been more in love with someone in her whole life so as he spoke to her, she curled in closely to him. His words touched her and she watched as he shifted to get out a velvet box. Perhaps it was her exhaustion but she did not understand that he was asking her to be his wife again. Not even as he asked her the question with the words did she fully comprehend what was going on between them. “Yes, Millard,” she said sentimentally at first before she became more excited then ever to think that she could be a wife to her love again, but this would be better.

Nearly six years had passed since they first married and both had grown so much. Noelle grinned eagerly as she said, “Of course I’ll marry you again.” She laughed quietly and put a hand on his cheek affectionately. “I love you so much sweetie,” Noelle said lovingly.

Millard's heart started to race as everything now lay in Noelle's hands. Millard was sure of their love for each other but he couldn't be sure if this is what Noelle wanted, especially after what with Peter a few months previous. Trying to control his breathing he watched his love, his eyes widening with happiness as she said the one word he had been wanting to hear. Seeing her eager grin he couldn't help but grin back. Taking the hand that she had placed on his cheek into his hands he kissed it softly before taking the engagement ring out of the small box and placing the ring on his finger.

Kissing it one last time he gave his fiancée a loving kiss on the lips. Pulling back he looked at his love, nothing but pure love for the woman beside him clear on his face. "I love you too." he said softly. Letting his gaze fall from Noelle he moved it to their son, still fast asleep on the chair, Millard couldn't wait for them to the Peter about the news. "Now you need your rest." He said, as he stood up off the bed, knowing that all this excitement, child-birth, getting engaged, Noelle was sure to be exhausted. Leaning down he gave Noelle another gentle kiss. "Is there anything you want first?" he asked, wanting her to be as comfort and as happy as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back