Morgase Stark's Flat

Morgase Prince

Morgase had picked Sophia up at the train station and apparated with her to a forest not far from her flat. Sophia had seemed slightly uneasy for herself, which was hard to see unless you looked very closely. Morgase smiled at her daughter, both glad that Sophia trusted her enough to come here and that she had retained some of the lessons Morgase had tried to teach her before she left for school.

"Ah, here we are," Morgase said in her silky voice as she stopped on the street before a couple of rather ordinary looking buildings. She took a piece of parchment out of her pocket and handed it to Sophia. Within moments Sophia could also see another building wedged between the first two, which Morgase had been able to see all along.

Smiling down at her daughter Morgase led her to the door. She opened it and allowed Sophia sto step inside first, closing the door behind herself. "Let me take your coat Darling," she said smoothly as she removed her own coat and draped it over her arm.

Sophia had successfully stayed silent since the moment she laid her golden eyes on her mother. Her expression had remained as calm as she could keep it, but she was sure her mother could sense her caution. Her mother had raised her, after all.

Once inside the flat Sophia removed her Slytherin scarf and her coat, handing them both to her mother. She scanned the room which they were standing in. It was quite different from where she had been raised, and it took a bit of effort not to show her surprise to her mother.

Morgase took the coats and began walking down the entrance hall. "Make yourself at home. The living room is right over there," she said, gesturing to a doorway off of the hall. "I am not sure if Tristan is home, but do not worry, he knows you are coming."

She disappeared down the hallway and into a bedroom where she hung the coats up in a closet. When she reemerged from the room she found that Sophia had in fact left the hallway. Smiling she walked into Erik's room to see if he was here.

Tristan looked up as Morgase entered Erik's room, and he quickly took a piece of wrapping paper, covering the present that he had for her come Christmastime. He knew that she celebrated Winter Solstice, but that still didn't mean that he couldn't get a gift for her.

He had long ago recovered from the incident at Flourish and Blott's, wondering if the Thomas kid had narked on him to some official or not, and since put it aside. He smiled weakly, having been wrapping presents. "I take it the trip back went well?" Erik was sitting on the floor next to him, playing gaily with some colorful ribbons under Tristan's protective eye.

((I would place a picture of erik, but I am finding it hard to find good pics of baby boys with dark hair and blue eyes...))

[Here is one.]
23359558.jpg

Morgase smiled down at Erik and then looked up at Tristan. "Yes, the trip was fine. Sophia is in the living room. Are you making dinner?"

((that kid is adorable! =)) I want him....))

"I can make dinner," Tristan replied with a smile, "What do you two want?"

[His eyes ae spectacularly wide and blue. I thought he was cute.]

Morgase paused and looked at Tristan with a puzzled expression. "Well, Sophia was never a picky eater, so whtever you decide on will be just fine." She smiled and gave Tristan a short kiss before leaving the room once more.

Morgase made her way back to the living room and was both pleased and not at all surprised to see Sophia reading. "Good book?" she asked with interest as she sat down on the couch opposite from the chair Sophia was sitting in.

Sophia moved her golden eyes from the old, tattered book she had been reading up to her mother. Her expression was successfully cool and calm, not giving away any emotions. "Yes Mother, it is." Instinctively she closed the book and returned it to her messenger bag, which was sitting on the floor beside the chair.

[Yes, very very cute. Thank you! :p ]

Tristan smiled back at Morgase, sighing as she left the room. Wrapping up her present, he picked up Erik, looking at the few for Estrella that he still had to wrap. He had nine years of birthdays and Christmas presents to catch up on, but on the other hand, he thought that overloading her with gifts would look like he was trying to buy back her affection, and he wanted to avoid that.

Holding Erik's hand, he watched proudly as the little boy stood up with strong legs, a feat that he had managed over the past weak. Looking gargantuan next to the little boy, he walked slowly, letting Erik toddle along beside him.

He mosied slowly into the living room, seeing Sophia and Morgase conversing. All of a sudden, Erik let go of his hand, giggling happily, his expression the caricature of wonder, as he had never seen Sophia before. He seemed to wobble dangerously as he made his way over to the girl, a goofy child's expression on his face as he fell at her feet, clinging to her robes for support and smiling happily back up at her with a toothless grin. He had not managed to say much yet, besides 'no,' 'muh-muh-' and 'da-da,' far from learning names.

[by the way, what kind of house are they in? I never really had a grasp of what kind of appliances and such wizards had... like, an ice box instead of a fridge, etc. etc.]

[They are not in a house, but rather a flat. the entire building is occupied by magical peoples. It is a larger flat, but it is not a mansion or anything of the like. I had not really decided much about what it looks like.

As for appliances, I do not know. We never really find that kind of thing out. I would imagine they have next to none. I always envisioned magical peoples living sort of like medieval peoples without electricity, using candles and cooking over a fire. JK does not really go too far into the details of cooking and such, and my guess is that she had not ever really thought too hard about it. Her worry was more the plot line and the character development and such, which makes sense.]

Sophia had been about to answer a question her mother had asked her when she felt something tugging at her robes. She leaned over herself and looked down, her golden eyes wide at the sight of a baby giggling at her. Quickly she looked back to her mother, unable to rid her expression of the confusion she felt.

Morgase smiled at her daughter and stood, quickly scooping Erik into her arms. "Sophia this is Erik," she said, holding the baby out so that he could still look at Sophia. "He is Estrella's half brother."

She turned her head to look at Tristan. "Do you need me to watch him?"

[And I've been thinking all along that it was a house.. silly me =)) ]

"If it doesn't bother you," Tristan said, still trying to think about what to make for dinner. Now that he was able to walk, Erik could tend to get in the way and Tristan would rather not have his kid around a hot fire. Figuring that it was okay, he moved to the doorway, and then slipped quietly into the kitchen, rummaging through the icebox and cupboards, looking for something to make.

[It is not entirely your fault. I never explained very well. Althought the title does say flat, which is a sort of apartment.]

Morgase smiled and carried Erik back into the living room. She set him down on the floor on his feet as she returned to her seat on the couch. In looking at Sophia she noticed her daughter appeared a bit uncomfortable.

"So, tell me, what courses are you taking and how are your grades?"

Sophia shook her head slightly to rid her face of the confused expression she was wearing. She was very much not used to small children, especially one who happened to be related to Estrella. When her mother asked her about school she was relieved and became much more at ease.

"This term I took Arithmancy, Ancient Runes, Transfiguration, Herbology, Potions, and Care of Magical Creatures. I got all O's except for Ancient Runes, in which I got an A. That class was not quite as I had expected it."

"What you expected or no that is no reason to get an A Sophia. I expect much better of you." Morgase had narrowed her eyes at her daughter, looking critically at her.

"Although, the fact that the rest of your grades are Os speaks well. At least not all of your grades are slipping. How are your extracurriculars?" When it came to Sophia's education and upbringing Morgase was rather harsh. She expected the best from Sophia in all areas, no exceptions.

"Yes mother," Sophia said softly as she averted her golden eyes to the floor. She only moved them back up after her mother had asked her question.

"I still have both of my jobs and volunteer in the Hospital Wing. I am the Judicial Chair for the sorority Heta Omega and I help out with the Student's Defense Association. And most importantly, I am a Prefect." Sophia smirked a bit at this. She had not yet told either of her parents that she had been made Prefect. It was something that she was very proud of and hoped her parents would be as well.

Tristan busied himself in the kitchen, finally setting on a roast. He did fine carving the meat and potatoes, but when he got to taking the tips off of the carrots he was peeling, he pressed too hard on it, and thus, the knife cut into his skin.

He swore something that no mother would have approved of, at first loudly, but then quieted himself down, healing the cut with his wand and washing the knife in the sink, which had a splotch of blood on the blade. He wished fervently that he had cooked more as a young adult.

He finished off the roast with some spices, and put it in the oven, heating it up and nursing his wound and looking to see if there was anything to drink. He settled on water, suddenly wishing that he had a packet of KoolAid, a muggle invention that he had always been partial to. It was funny, the things he missed these days, because he didn't miss much.

((haha, I so cut myself chopping carrots today!:p))

"Prefect?" Morgase said with a proud smirk. "That is wonderful Darling. I am quite proud. A little surprised though, at Hogwarts in England they did not choose Prefects until the Fifth Year."

Her smirk suddenly disappeared as she heard a loud curse from the kitchen. She looked in the direction of the kitchen, but did not move as she did not hear any more noise. Turning she looked down at Erik, who seemed none the wiser and was happily playing with his hands, sticking them in his mouth and giggling.

Sophia could not suppress a smirk as she watched and listened to her mother. It felt good to have her mother so proud of her, and to be able to speak with her mother again. She truly had missed her.

Her smirk also disappeared when Sophia heard the noise from the kitchen. She looked toward the kitchen and then to her mother. Seeing that her mother did not look worried, Sophia also did not worry. She looked down at the baby Erik, and then back to her mother once more. Although Erik was cute, Sophia was still not partial to babies.

"Yes, I have heard that. I believe it was decided to choose them earlier as the school is so new."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back