Ariel
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 11 Inch Flexible Hazel Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
(( OOC: Please join! ))

Nia was finally done with all the homework for her first week of classes. Finally having time to herself, she walked over to the lawn and laid out a yoga mat. Sitting cross-legged, she closed her eyes slowly and began to stretch both her arms out. Taking deep breaths, she counted to ten in her head. Once she reached ten, she moved to position herself to stretch her legs out and bent forward to reach her toes. She counted to ten again, before deciding to stay at that position a little longer. For others, it would have began to hurt already but Nia was very flexible. She often did stretching back at home as her grandmother was a yoga instructor, and they used to do it together. It was their thing.

Wriggling her toes, Nia aided her blood circulation. She enjoyed stretching as it relaxed her mind and made her more alert during her classes. She took a sip of water from her bottle, before starting to do a yoga headstand pose.

Last edited:
Classes were finally over, and Weston was determined to enjoy his four day break. His schedule this semester, with its three back-to-back classes, suited him very much. Though he normally didn't like the outdoors, today was an unusually nice day, and he figured it would be a good time to check out the lake and see if he could spot the giant, man-eating eel. Indi still hadn't captured any photos of it from the Slytherin common room, but maybe it liked swimming closer to shore. After all, that's where the people were.

As Weston wandered across the Great Lawn on his way to the lake, he quickly became distracted by the sight of a girl standing on her head. "Whoa!" He walked up towards her, stopping at the edge of her mat. "Does that hurt?" He twisted his head in an attempt to look at her upside-down but all he really managed to do was stare at her sideways. "Where'd you learn to do that?" Sure, he'd seen pictures of adults doing crazy headstands and stuff, but he didn't know of any kids who could do those kinds of stunts.

Nia took a couple of deep breaths as she felt the stretch in her core muscles. She could stay in that position for close to twenty seconds, any duration longer than that and she would feel a light ache. She didn't mind the ache, it was the sort of pain she liked. It meant she was doing things right and strengthening her muscles. Hearing a noise near her, Nia opened her eyes.

"Not really," she answered with a small smile as she got up from her yoga position, her face red as a tomato. Nia did some light neck stretches as her face returned back to its normal colour and took another sip of water, before turning to the boy. "Would you like to try the pose out? I could help you." she offered, as her eyes visually examined the boys physique. He looked pretty athletic, perhaps a little yoga would be fine?

Weston gave the girl a skeptical look when she claimed it didn't hurt. "Are you sure? Cause your face is really red." Then again, she was acting very calm about the situation, and he couldn't imagine doing anything that hurt for fun. It wasn't like there was anyone out here forcing the girl to stand on her head. Plus, even as he spoke, her face seemed to be returning to a more normal color.

The offer to help him try out the stunt surprised Weston. "Me?" He'd never done anything like this, but if the girl thought he could... "Yeah, sure, where do I start?" He knelt to the ground and sat on his knees. Learning to do a headstand would be very cool; maybe he could show it off to his friends later. He considered the hard ground underneath them. "You sure this won't hurt?"

Nia laughed when the boy mentioned that she was red in the face. She nodded, pointing her right index finger at her cheek. "It's normal actually, it's just due to the increased blood flow and sudden dilation of my blood capillaries. See, I'm back to normal now. It just takes a couple of seconds." Nia explained.

"My grandmother practices yoga, and she taught me. It really helps me stay alert. Because of the blood flow you know?" Nia continued, as she knelt down beside the boy. "Just so you don't hurt yourself, shall we do some light stretching first? Trust me it won't hurt, as long as you stretch properly before." Nia bent forward with her arms reached out towards the front, hoping the boy would copy what she was doing. "Just stretch out as much as you can."

Weston just blinked at her in confusion. "Capi-what?" The girl was using very big words, which probably meant she was smart. He didn't entirely follow her explanation, but thankfully she turned into a much more normal color which he took to mean that she was fine.

"Can your grandmother also stand on her head?" he asked. Weston tried to imagine his own grandma doing that, and the mental image made him smile. "Okay, let's stretch," he said with a nod. He definitely didn't want to get hurt. Weston tried to copy her motions, sticking his arms out in front of him. "Like this?" He wasn't sure if it was right, but he definitely felt his muscles doing something. It seemed that they were supposed to hold this stretch for a bit so he decided it'd be a good time to ask her, "What other cool tricks can you do?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back