More exploring

Thomas Smith

OOC First Name
Pat
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Core - Tail of Charmed Newt
Thomas had just finished his second Charms lesson if the year. After completing his homework and left it back with Professor Lloyd Thomas had went to the Great Hall and had some food, but still felt a bit sick from class. Deciding he didn't to go back to the common room, he exited the Great Hall and made his way outside.

It was a cool afternoon, but the breeze that hit his face made him feel somewhat better. Thomas started to walk along the gravel path, going no where in particular. Making his way down the grounds he decided to go and find somewhere to sit, he still felt a bit light headed. Looking around for a shaded tree, he saw a big oak just a few yards ahead of him.

Going over to the tree he saw that it was unoccupied, he sat down and lay back against the bark, closing his eyes, hoping the headache would go away, and soon.

Emme had heard that this school had a wonderful garden. Though she had yet to be able to visit it. As the lessons were done for the day, Emme knew that this was her time to go check it out. Smiling as she put a pair of sunglasses on her head to produce a rather cute style of a head band.

Skipping out towards the garden, Emme stopped by the lake to skip a few stones. Making the stone skip five times. Emme could only jump into the air in excitment. Thinking of a fun song to sing, She began to sing the chorus. Her voice loud yet rather good. After all she still had years of singing lessons.

Finally Emme made it to the garden and looked at just about every flower she could. Stopping and awing the whole way until she noticed a boy sitting near a tree. Though his eyes were closed. Walking over slowly she took a sit right next to him "Hey" She said wondering if she was going to startle him hoping she wasn't going to too much.

Thomas felt the headache moving away, he was starting to feel much better. He heard a few people voices around him, which he was glad about, it stopped him from falling asleep. He keep his eyes closed listening to the noises of nature all around him. The lake rippling in the distance, birds singings, the crispy leaves blowing in the wind and people walking on the,.

He then heard a different noise coming closer to him, someone was singing, it was nice but he couldn't quite make out what the song was. As the noise got closer he heard it stop, but felt someone sitting down beside him and say hey. The voice sounded familiar, he assumed it must be from the one who was singing. Lifting his head and opening his eyes, he turned to see a young girl sitting beside him, he was sure that he had seen her around the common room. "Hello there." He said, in a much better mood now. "Were you the one singing just a moment ago?"

Emme watched as the boy opened his eyes. She wasn't sure who he was but after all Emme didn't know many people anyway. Smiling as he asked if she was the one singing, Emme nodded. "Yep I often sing randomly" She added as if it was a comment she made often enough. "Was I that awful?" Emme asked as she glanced out over the flowers and such in the garden. Now this may soon be one of her favorite places at school.

"Oh I'm Emme by the way second year Ravenclaw" she said introducing herself. Usually she didn't add the second year Ravenclaw but so many people were mistaking her for a first year that she thought it was best to just state that she was a second year right off the bat. Adding the Ravenclaw part just helped with her house pride.

Thomas laughed at the girl, what was it with girls, they always think they sing bad, "No, it was quite beautiful. What were you singing, I couldn't quite catch it." He said. The song sounded strangely familiar, well the tone of it, from what he could here, it was bugging him greatly.

Thomas listened to the girl introduce herself, "Thought I recognised you." Thomas said with a smile, glad that he was starting to recognise people more and more often now. "Thomas Smith, First Year Ravenclaw." Thomas said with a smile. "So in your opinion, what is the best thing about Hogwarts New Zealand?" He asked, wanting to get as many people's opinions as possible.

"Thanks Love" Emme said when the boy said that her singing was beautiful. Even if he had told her it was awful, Emme would still break out singing randomly whenever she wanted. It was just what Emme did. "oh the song" Emme said brightly as she thought about the title of the song. "It's Let it Rock" She said smiling not being able to think of the name of the muggle singer.

Emme smiled as she was recognized. It didnt' happen that often sadly. though Emme was going to change that soon. She always did. "Oh nice to meet you Thomas" Emme said thinking it was a bit odd that he introduced himself first and last name. "Another ravenclaw Yes" Emme said throwing her arms into the air for a moment as if she was cheering.

Though as he asked a question she thought about, not quite sure yet. "Umm I like the gardens though this is my first time visiting them" Emme said smiling "But I like the ravenclaw common room" she said winking playfully. "what about you?" She asked.

Thomas give Emme a strange look, he wasn't called love very ofter, his mother hadn't even called him that in a few years. But he didn't mind, it reminded him of his younger years, of happier days, with his father. Thomas broke out of that train of thought, he thought about it too much recently. Thomas smiled as Emme named the song, he did know the song, but it had been a long time since he had heard it. The muggle child of the help at the grandparents house, used to play it. "Good song." He said happily.

Thomas couldn't help but laugh at the new girls enthusiasm, he was all for house pride, but not at the cost of looking weird, well sometimes he would. Continuing to laugh Thomas said, "It's not that hard to meet Ravenclaws, there's plenty of them up there." He said pointing to the Ravenclaw Tower. "But you must know plenty of them by now." He said, she was a second year after all.

Thomas thought it was strange that it was Emme's first time visiting the garden, but took no notice of it. "The lake is a really nice place, the gardens are good too. But you can't beat common room." He said happily. "But I hope to explore a good bit more, before I make up my final decision." he sad with a grin.

Emme smiled at Thomas's odd look that he gave her. "Sorry" She said smiling brightly "I call everyone love don't take it personally" She added making sure that he didn't think she was a complete wack job, just a bit odd would do fine. "You actually know muggle songs?" Emme said a bit surprised though nodding in approval. Most people didn't know much of the muggle culture. Even though Emme was mixed blood her mother was a muggle which meant the muggle culture was big in her life.

"True" Emme said when Thomas said it wasn't hard to meet Ravenclaws. "I guess so early on in the school year I haven't managed to meet so many yet" Emme said thinking about how she really needed to meet more people. Realizing all of a sudden that Thomas didn't know she was a transfer. No wonder he seemed to think she should know everyone "I'm a transfer" Emme said though a smile was on her face. "Sorry that I didn't mention that. I'm basically just as new as all the first years" She added as she leaned back a bit more against the tree.

"Oh I love the lake. The waters a bit too cold to swim. But if you really wanted to. I've been in it" Emme said thinking about how she went swimming not too long again and the water was rather cold though. "And no you can't beat the common room." Emme said thinking about how she seemed to spend only a bit of time there though.

[color=00008B]Thomas laughed a bit, "Oh it's fine. It's just been a long time since anyone called me that." He said. Thomas heard the surprise in Emme's voice. He guessed that not many witches or wizards knew muggle music, but he knew some, "Well my mother is a muggleborn, so I know some that way." He said with a shrug of his shoulders. "I also heard a lot of the children around where I live play it on the CD players." He added.

Thomas listened to Emme say how she hasn't met many yet, he wondered why. If she was second year, she was bound to know a fair few Ravenclaws. Then it became clear, when Emme mentioned that she was a transfer. "Oh wow. Well that definately clears things up a bit." He said with a laugh. "Where did you transfer from?" He asked.

Thomas nodded in agreement, "Yes, the lake is lovely, and I suppose it is too cold, but I wouldn't be swimming in it anyway." He said with a laugh. He wasn't up for swimming in the lake, even if it was warm. Thomas nodded again, the common room was a lovely place, especially with all the books to read.

"So what classes do you like?" He asked, he always seemed to fall back on the topic of school.[/color]

Emme was glad that he laughed at the idea. At least he didn't mind. Though Emme was glad that Thomas was at least half blood. Not like she cared too much about blood but purebloods usually cared too much about blood and nothing else. "Oh my mom is a muggle" Emme said not using the name muggleborn for her mother didn't have any magical powers at all. Though Emme didn't mind that, not one bit.

Laughing a bit when Thomas said that her being a transfer cleared things up. "Maybe I should have mentioned that earlier" She said smiling brightly as she inched her legs up and wrapped her arms around them in a more comfortable sitting position. "I'm from Hogwarts Scotland actually" She said smiling as her thoughts drifted to home for only a moment, more thinking about her two sisters who were still over there.

Coming back to the conversation, Emme heard that Thomas would never swim in the lake. "Are you Serous?" She asked a bit disappointed. "Why won't you swim in the lake. Not scared of the giant squid now are you?" She teased a bit.

As classes came up, Emme thought about it. "I miss flying that I had first year" Emme said a bit sad that flying didn't continue for all the years. "But this year I am a big fan of Transfiguration and Herbology" She said knowing that those weren't really popular subjects but for some reason she loved them. "What about you" She asked.

Thomas giving a small laugh and put his hands on his hips. "You think?" Pretending to be ticked off that she hadn't mentioned she had transferred earlier. Thomas nodded when Emme said where she had transferred from, "Well that figures. Why did you leave?" He asked, hoping he wasn't been rude or offended her in someway.

Thomas blushed slightly when Emme asked him why he wouldn't want to swim in the lake, "Now...now don't get me wrong. I love to swim as much as the next person but," he stopped there, his face now glowing. He lowered his head, hoping Emme would understand or at least not pry further. It was silly, but a boy of 11, he was embarrassed to be in nothing but his swimming trunks in front of older boys and girls of all ages. The only people who ever saw him in his trunks were his mother, grandparents and a few of his maternal grandparents staff.

Thomas grinned broadly, going back to classes, "I love Flying, not too keen on getting up on a Saturday though." He said with a laugh. Thinking about what his favorite class was he came out with the only answer he had given so far, "I like all classes." He said simply, with a shrug.

"Well sorry" Emme said rolling her eyes playfully as Thomas pretended to be annoyed that she hadn't mentioned she was a transfer student right off the bat. It usually wasn't something that Emme remembered to say. Though when he asked why she transfered her smile decreased ever so slightly and for only a moment.

She wasn't going to get all into the details. Then people gave the whole I'm sorry act when really most of them couldnt' care less. "My parents got a divorce. My dad stayed over there with my two sisters and I came over here with my mother and brother" Emme explained. Though she was ok with the divorce, the subject of being away from both Becca and Maddie was sort of hard to take.

Though as the subject turned, Emme noticed Thomas blush. Smiling for the simple fact that she had only seen a few guys blush in her lifetime. Back home her best mate, Blake, only blushed once or twice. But that was probably because he was always trying to be the tough gryffindor. Tough boys Emme though not getting why some boys had to put up an act.

"Well don't worry I'll get you swimming in that lake if I have to push you in fully clothed" Emme teased knowing that she always went swimming in jeans anyway. It was easier than getting changed into a suit or anything silly like that. But leaving that topic as it was, Emme didn't want to embarrase him any further.

Emme let out a small laugh as Thomas said he didn't like to get up on Saturdays. "Join the club" Emme said agreeing fully. "I love to stay up late and sleep in. Neither can I do here on school days" She said thinking about all summer how she went to bed at four in the morning and slept until noon. "Typical Ravenclaw" She added teasing off coarse when Thomas said he liked all the classes.

Thomas listened to why Emme has transferred the HNZ. He wished he hadn't now, "I'm sorry to hear that." He said quietly.

Thomas lifted his head, and this time, wasn't faking his shocked dace, "Oh no! You wouldn't?" He said. Not sure if she was joking or not, he wasn't the best at reading girls. He couldn't imagine swimming in the lake fully clothed. He wasn't sure if it would be more embarrassing to swim in his trunks or fully clothed.

Thomas sat back, with a day dreamy look on his face, "Ahh I love those types of days. Especially over the summer, stay up all night reading books, and not worrying about having to get up early the next day." He said. Thomas give a smirk, "Yes I am a typical Ravenclaw, and darn proud of it." He said.

Emme shrugged it off when he said he was sorry to hear it. "It's no big deal" She said looking away for a moment. "really" she added trying to convince herself more than anything, but this second year Ravenclaw did not dwell on things very long.

Smiling as Thomas seemed shock about Emme really pushing him in. He doesn't know me well enough yet Emme thought laughing a little bit. "Oh don't seem so shocked" she said giving him a little push. "I would actually do that by the way" she added hoping that he understood that she was not joking "But you've got to lighten up. it wouldn't be too bad. I've been pushed into the lake before back home when I was in my uniform. Of coarse I got the boy back that did it but still..."She paused "It was a blast" She added.

Emme was starting to be able to figure Thomas out. He seemed like a nice enough guy that really needed to relax in Emme's opinion. Maybe he will branch out and let himself go a bit as the year goes on Emme thought postively. Though she let out a small laugh when he agreed that he was a typical Ravenclaw. Emme knew that she was a typical Ravenclaw but she was a ravenclaw.

"Oh I know I used to spend so many nights surrounded by books" She said thinking about all those longs nights in which she stayed up all night, without her mother knowing. When her mother did walk in she would always just cover the books in her blankets and pretend to be asleep. It never did fool her mother in reality, but Emme didn't know that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back