Moral Decisions and your Religion

Ashton Valley

OOC First Name
Ash
Wand
Springy Black Ash Twist Wand 13" with Meteorite Dust
Hi Everyone,
Because i know there are multiple religions on this site,
i want to run this past you all for my SOR assignment on Mulsim and Christian faith
Introduction said:
1.0 Introduction
1.1 Every Religion around the world all make moral decisions, the main influence on them making these decisions is based on their beliefs. Around the world there are millions of people who all have a different Religion, and each different religion teaches a different way that their followers must believe in, some religions believe that there is one god, others believe that there are millions. Every day someone faces situations that require them to make a moral decision, Everyday Religions are put into question, and the Muslim Faith and the Christian Faith are both powerful Religions and are both very strong in how their followers make Moral Decisions.

Tell me what you think and what you think i might need to add for my Introduction

This is open to all your comments, and well not comments
I want to get a great mark on this assignment, and i know that you would all be brilliantly smart in your religions and be able to tell me about your religion and how you make your Moral decisions

Thank you lovies this would help me greatly

I don't know if you want just Muslims or Christian's posting but I figured I would post anyway. :p

I'm an Atheist. Well I don't believe in any God but I do have beliefs.

For example:

I strongly believe in reincarnation and that you make your own decisions that affect your life, not fate. I believe that a child can pick up fears and problems from their mother, which can go generations back. (Someone one of my Grandparent's knows, was raped in a staircase, and her daughter would not go on the staircases without breaking down, but she didn't know this. Only when they took her to a psychic was it admitted that the mother was raped in a staircase and after that the child was able to walk along the stairs again. Crazy, huh?)

I make my decisions on what I think is morally right and what will be best for myself, family and friends even though I do get it wrong some times.

I hope this has helped Ash ^_^

Thats Brilliant, thanks that will help alot
thanks Alexis :)
Thanks again for your contribution
(i can add in examples from other faiths and religions to back up what i say, thats awesome!)

I'm studying World Religions at university and we just looked at Islam. You would be surprised at how close it is to Christianity. I mean, they both believe in similar things. Islam acknowledges Jesus as the 2nd most important prophet (behind Mohammad) - but he is not the son of God because in Islam, Allah can not be personified or used as a descriptive or anything. Allah is Allah, and the insinuation that he could have a son in sacreligious.

That's pretty interesting to me.

Anyway, the teaching of beliefs and the following of beliefs depends mostly on the person. Some people are quite liberal, some are very fundamentalist and conservative. It depends, I think, on how you've been taught and how you interpret your religion. Some Christians may take the Bible very literally, while others may be more inclined to take the basic moral messages from the Bible and apply them to their every day lives, without taking everything else so literally.

The basic moral codes are not unique to one religion. Most of the major religions have similar beliefs - respecting other people, loving one another, not judging others (although I could argue that fundamentalists do, in fact, judge others for not sharing the same beliefs). These moral codes are evident everywhere - The Simpsons is a good example, the creators are fairly right wing and although they laugh at religion, they do also hold great esteem for it. (I should show you my essay which was basically about The Simpsons and representation of Christianity).

I'm agnostic, borderline athiest, and I know I am a bit of a hypocrite - judging others for judging, hah. But yeah. Studing religion at university is helping me to understand other religions more and get perspective. Religion can be a positive force, but I believe that when people take their specific beliefs too seriously and too literally, then people can't get along and that is how wars start. I'm not averse to it but I believe people shouldn't take the words of sacred texts like the Koran and the Bible and the Tanakh too seriously. They were written 1000 - 2000 years ago, after all.

Hello =) I thought I'd help you out a bit.

My name is Kelsey, and I am what's called a non-denominational Christian.

If people don't know what that is, it is a Christian who does not belong to different branches of Christianity such as with Catholics, Protestants or the like.

As a Christian, (and often like most Christians do) we make our moral decisions based mostly on four things:
a). The Bible
b). Our parents, if we were brought up in a Christian family
c). Our church or other religious group, if we attend
and d). Our own personal moral standards.
And for some Christians, also what they may call "Revelations" (i.e. direct communication from their God)

As a non-denominational Christian, I find my greatest influences in The Bible, my family and my own beliefs. I personally am aided and influenced by many different aspects of various denominations. Just like many people, there will be things I agree with and understand from the different branches of Christianity, so I choose to call myself "a bit of everything".

I hope that's helped you! (I know it has, Ash xDDDDDDD)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back