Moping

Harriet Turner

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
The sun was shining but Harri was stuck inside moping around. She was about to go up to the common room but she really didn't fancy it. She sat on the floor in the middle of the corridor a tear falling down her face. She knew she was acting diferent but she tried to keep the tears in infront of those she didn't know. She looked down at herself. She had lost so much weight and her legs looked dangerously thin in her short shorts and overly large hoody. She was naturally quite slim but now she was boredering seriesly underweight. She couldn't remember the last time she had eaten but the very thought of food made her feel sick. She cried harder and had to dash to the toilets were she was sick. She washed her face then returned to the corridor. What was wrong with her? A tear streamed down her face and she just sat staring.

James walked down the corridor, he wanted to go back to his dorm and look through his photos. But he saw Harri in the distance, she looked pale and thin, like she would break if anyone touched her.
'Harri? Whats wrong?' He asked.

Belle on her way up from a relaxing day at the lake, saw James, and Harri who was on the floor, crying. "Harri! Whats going on?" She gave James a smile as a quick way of saying "Hello".

Harri heard a boys voice and tried without success to clean herself up. She turned to see it was James "Hi James," she said quietly, the taste of sick still in her mouth, then she heard Belle approach, she had thought on a nice day like this everyone would be outside. She stood up her knees giving a violent click but she barely noticed. "Nothings wrong I'm..." she paused before saying the dreaded word "fine," she mumbled, though really she was far from fine. Everything seemed to be going wrong in her life. She had successfully alienated her dad, hrt mum hadn't even bothered to write, she hadignored her uncle and been weird with her friends. She was suprised anyone still cared at all for her. She looked down again at her feet, wondering why on earth anyone still wanted to be her friend. "You guys can go, I'm sure you have better things to do then sit here with amiery guts like me," she said trying to joke but tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Harri. Don't say that. Were here for you." Belle said and hugged Harri tightly "here take this", Belle out a clean hankerchief from her pocket. "Its unused.." She smiled although she knew this wouldn't make things better. "Harri I haven't seen you in days. I would love to stay here with you. Besides you need us." she nodded at James.

Harri lent against Belle gratefully accepting the hankercheif. "No guys don't waste your day," she said seriously, her head was swimming and her eyes were looking but not seeing. Her temples were pulsing and her palms were sweating. She still couldn't work out why she was taking this news so badly, what was it? Maybe it was because she was scared. She had lost so much already she couldn't bare to lose anything else. The truth was she was so insecure, no-one knew because she hid behind and act of confidence, her personality had always been bubbly but she was more insecure then anyone could ever know. She couldn't understand how she had managed to get such good friends, why would they like her?
Her insecurities were taking over her know, this event bought bad memories flooding back. She had lost Emma for ever. Her mum hadn't spoken to her in almost 6 months, her dad loved her but she was pushing him away, her uncle was experiencing happiness but she felt like she couldn't share it, her cousin was writting her letters because he was so worried. And she just couldn't work out how she had landed a boy as nice as Kevin. "seriously guys I'll be fine," she lied through her teeth, not sure whether or not they would believe it.

'Harri whats going on with you?' James asked, returning the smile to Belle, 'Id rather make sure your ok then do anything else.' He told her truthfully.

Harri shook her head "Nothing. I'm just not feeling to great." she said, it was partially true she did feel terrible "I'm just a little sick," she said attempting a smile, she didn't want James to waste his day sitting with her.

"Your sick with stress and worry.." Belle said emphising the two words. "Your going through a really tough time at the moment. It'd be imposible for anyone to get through this by themselves even for someone as lively and brave as you." Belle smiled she hoped she could convince Harri to talk about it and let it out.

Harri shook her head "No really, I'm just not feeling great," she lied shaking her head, "Well I'm feeling anything but brave and lively at the moment," Harri said laughing shakily. Her hands were shaking and she placed them firmly on the ground to stop the shakiness.

"Harri! Maybe you should go to the hospital wing.Y'know to stop that.." Belle said pointing at her hands. "I can tell your liying I may not have known you for long, but I can tell your lying right about now." Belle wanted Harri to open up so bad, even to Ellie. It was eating her up inside.

Harri shook her head "No it's fine really," Harri said quickly, she certainly didn't want to go to the hospital wing. Harri could see the concern in Belle's eyes and it made her worry "Please don't worry about me Belle, seriously I'm fine. Feeling a lot better now," she said, smiling bravely.

Belle smiled at her. She missed the old Harri, she felt she couldn't go to Harri as Harri had her own problems and much bigger ones at that. But Belle decided to change the subject, maybe it would help Harri to cheer up a bit. "So I was talking to Aaron a bit today." Belle smiled happily she didn't want anything yet with Aaron, but it would make Harri smile again.

Harri smiled, a true smile this time "Really! Do you like him then?" she asked glad Belle had known to change the subject, she couldn't be pushed into something.

"Well, the boy has the looks. We know that. But I dn't really know him. Like his personaility and stuff.." Belle felt like the old Harri was back. "Oh, I mucked up in my flying lesson again." Belle laughed loudly, she found it slighlty amusing how bad she was at it.

Harri smiled "Yeah you've gotta get to know him properly," she said, she loved jsut talking like this it was waht she needed, everyone kept asking her how she was but it just made her worse, "Oh no really? Did my lesson not help at all?" she asked laughing.

"Oh your help rocked! I commanded UP and it came up straight away.. but we learned this new thing. We had to actually get off the ground. I failed miserably though." Belle laughed.

Harri smiled "I think another lessons in order," she said happily, that was just what she needed as well she loved flying and she would lvoe to help Belle "Did you manage to hover off the ground atall?" Harri asked knowing this was quite a hard concept to grasp.

"Well another lesson would rock!" Belle said happily she really enjoyed the extra-lessons. "Well. Yeah I managed to stay in one spot for about two seconds...and then I fell." Belle said rubbing the small bruise on her arm from the fall.

Harri smiled "Great!" she said suddenly feeling more like her old self then she had in a long time "Well thats something! At least you got in the air," she said then spotted the brusie "Does it hurt?" she asked worriedly.

"Not really. But it did when I fell.." she laughed "I fell right on my elbow." she smiled broadly at Harri. "So when would you like to have the lesson? Your teacher, so you get to decide." Belle winked at Harri. Harri was back.

Harri smiled "As soon as possible, how about now?" she asked "Tell me if you'd rather not," she added quickly, though she was enthusiastic that the lesson would happen today.

"Now would be awesome!" Belle exclaimed she had hoped it was now, she wanted to get it off her mind.

Harri smiled "Right lets go get our brooms!" she said running up the stairs to the 7th floor entering the common room then the dorm, and grabbing her broom, she was back in the blink of an eye "Come on slow coach!" she shouted jokingly.

"What the...how can...how is that possible." Belle laughed loudly as she charged down the stairs after Harri.

(( new thread in the Quidditch Pitch))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back