Moon lit insomnia

Zazuka Getathorn

OOC First Name
Ana V [main]
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Zazuka Bone could never sleep well. She could never remember her dreams of course but she was always left with a feeling that something was eather going wronge or was going to go wronge. It was a bit before she could get the courage to leave her dormatory at night but it was eather that or meet up with other insomniacs and this was a time she liked to be alone.

The feeling was starting to fade so Zazuka started to make her way downstares so she could go back to her dormatory. She was going to get cought soon enough and not an excuse in the world would get her out of trouble but she wasn't that worryed about what would happen if she got cought. After all it would be her first offence about anything. Sometimes it payed to be a good girl.

Something was definitely about to go wrong. “Hold up,” A voice called out piercing the silence of the night. The distinctively gender-indistinctive voice it could only mean it was Zazuka’s fellow Ravenclaw, Fred. “Stay around awhile. You’re Zazuka, right? What’s going on? Why are you up, so late?”

Fred was aloft on a school issue broom, taking a night flight. He/She was wearing standard issue girls’ skirt, socks and shoes, along with an over-sized black tee shirt with Batman’s insignia in the center. His/Her face was painted up like a skull, such as during the Halloween Ball. A blue ribbon tied back Fred’s wild, wavy red hair.

((Sorry, that took so long. I got caught up in a conversation with my parents.))

Zazuka tilted her head and looked at Fred. He/she reminded her of the picture she saw of her Uncle Lucy. Defente male qualitys as well as female quality. Zazuka smiled softly. "I had to get out of the Ravenclaw house for alittle bit. Nightmares gatta love them." She siad little sarcasim in her voice. She hated that she couldn't sleep well. She always had to find things to do.

Fred maneuvered his/her broom to the tower’s rampart. He/She stood up on his/her broom, rested his/her elbows on the rampart, and cradled his/her head in his/her hands. Fred looked up and smiled at Zazuka as she spoke. His/Her painted on teeth curled in a strange, almost cruel looking way.

“Nightmares, eh? That’s too bad.” Fred sounded sympathetic. “This is a pretty lonely looking place. Not much up here to do up here, except look at the stars.” Fred paused for a moment, he/she had an idea. “So, let’s do something. I have a broom, well, I borrowed a broom, so, we can go anywhere.”

Zazuka got a tingle as if there could be something wronge here. She had thought that feeling had gone away now. Could it be Fred? She asked herself but let it go instently. "Go where? It's almost two in the morning." Zazuka asked thinking about what they could do this late at night.

"Exactly," Fred said, his/her skull make-up still contorted in a mad mockery of a smile. "It's early no one is up. No one to get us in trouble. We have a device that isn't restricted by gravity. We could go to the forests and wander the long forgotten paths. We could go to the coast and watch the sun rise. We could fly to a city and explore the streets. Have you ever seen an active volcano? How about glacier? Up close? They have those here, and we can see them. We can do whatever you want. I'm game for anything."

Zazuka was still alittle unsure but the promis of adventure was starting to catch her intrest. "Um alright I've never seen any of thoughs things so we can do what we can as long as we are back before sunrise. There are some that wake up early no matter what the day." She said then started to climb up on the window still. She wished she had 'The Monarch Butterfly' with her but she would have to share a broom with Fred.

Fred's painted face disappeared for a moment beneath Zazuka's view, obfuscated by the rampart. Then it reappeared, followed by the rest of his/her body, sitting upon the beat-up broom. He/She moved forward on the broom to give Zazuka room on the back. The broom was close enough for her to easily mount it.

"You're chariot awaits." Fred said with a grin.

Zazuka sliped off the window still carefuly. "I hope this thing can hold us both." She said looking at the beat up broom. Now she really wished she had her 'Monorch Butterfly' with her but this broom wasn't so bad. "Remeber we have to be back before anyone knows we are gone." She said her voice alittle shakey.

The extra rider caused the broom to sink a bit. As they glided away from the tower, Fred said, "You know, you might want to lay off the morning donuts." His/Her voice dripped with sarcasm. But before she could get an insulted word in he/she, "I kid, I kid! You're fine. I'm just trying to lighten up the mood. Feel free to take a shot at me if you want. I don't mind."

After Zazuka told him/her that they had to be back before anyone knows they were gone, Fred said, "Look, I might be in control of the broom, but where we go and how long we're there is up to you. I'm only the chauffeur. You pick the destination, I choose the route. So, where to ma'am?"

Zauzka laughed into her hand. "Well I do have a weakness for sweets." She said brightly and nodded. "Well we can take the trip into the forest I always wanted to see what was in there." She said thinking of a place that wouldn't be too far off but still exsiting.

Fred was surprised at Zazuka's reaction to his/her joke. He/She expected her to act much more insulted. Though, Fred was happy to know that she could take these things in stride. It was good sign.

"Really?" Fred asked Zazuka after she told him/her her decision. "You don't want to see a volcano?" It was obvious from his voice that he/she wasn't being serious. "Well, alright. But, let's take the scenic route. Now, get ready to move with me."

Fred shifted his/her weight and the broom rose higher. It broke through the cloud cover to reveal the tapestry of stars in the night sky. They were like tiny pin holes of light in a dark velvet cloth. They could be seen with fantastic clarity. The air was colder up there and thinner. It was hard to breath but the view was magnificent.

Fred had never seen them like this before. Sure there was that model in the astronomy classroom, but this was the real thing. The vastness of space laid out in front of him/her. It was as though if they could fly a little bit higher, they might make it off the planet.

The broom quietly darted across the surface of a cloud creating a wake in its path. Nothing but the two of them and universe above. They couldn't see the Earth below.

Fred wondered if he/she should say something, or if Zazuka would talk. Maybe he/she should just be quiet and not ruin the moment.

(can I join plz? I so want to say boo. lol. i'll just do that anywayz an than edit. )

Ginny had been resting on a tree when she saw Fred on a broomn talking to someone in the Tower. She let them be for a while just watching them before she saw Zuka get on a broom with hm. I shouoldn't bother them, she thought but curiousity got the better of her and she grabbed her broom and followed them silently. She heard noone talking for a moment and grabbed the opportunity. 'Boo,'she said and she halted in front of them abrubtly, grinning menacingly.

Zazuka could take almost anything with a smile. There was little that anyone could say to her that she couldn't let slide even if they had ment to hurt her. She had been hurt so much at home that she was used to it that. She was still getting used to kindness. "I would love to see a volcano but I think the trip would take little to long for our time limit don't you." She said laughing a bit. Zazuka felt a little more comfterble around Fred now.

The comphert didn't last because out of no where came Ginny. She clasped on to his/her middle and yelled "Cheesit we're busted Clide!" as a joke. She was sure that Ginny wouldn't tell on them but she thought it would be funny to do.

Ginny laughed as she flew backwards and to the side so they could move. 'I never knew your nickname was Clide, Fred.'Ginny joked. So what where you doing up here then?'Ginny asked cheerfully.

"Holy crap!" Fred shouted when Ginny appeared. The broom swerved wildly for a second but Fred regained control quickly. Though, it would take a couple seconds more for Fred to regain his/her composure. With a couple deep breaths, his/her heart rate returned to normal.

Fred turned to Ginny and smiled, when he/she realized it was a familiar face. Though Fred's face wasn't very familiar at all. The moonlight cast his/her face in a strange way with it painted up like a skull. "Oh yeah, I go by a whole bunch of names...Clide, John, Paul, George, Ringo...the list goes on. We aren't doing anything much, just a late ride. What are you up to?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back