Modesty?

Amarante Ming

Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Amarante was sitting in her dorm room when she felt the erge to go explore the castle. The young girl got out of her bed slowly and began to change into some presentable clothing, though it was only one of her hundreds of kimono's someone had commented on them, which hadn't been much of a blow to her, but it was still puzzling, why would anyone feel comfortable in..jeans? Amarante wasn't even sure if that was what it was called.

Amarante sighed softly and walked out of her dorm room and soon after her common room but not before recieving a few bitter hisses and glares from some students, older and in her own year. Amarante just gave them her smile of wax before walking out.

As the girl walked she found herself getting lost, despite her good sense of direction. As she tried to get out of the corridor she was in she walked into a boy, that was only a few years older then herself, but with Amarante's delicate and small stature she fell straight to the floor. Ouef! Amarante let her blue eyes stare into the boys to find that she had met him before.

Amarante did not move however she stayed in the same position as she tore her gaze from the boys and saw that she was by a Trophy case. This must be where they kept all the trophies for the good students, though why they didn't set it up in the Great Hall or the Entrance Hall for it to be seen by all made her curious, perhaps they were being modest? Yes that could be right.

Amarante gazed back at the boy and gave him a small smile of wax before standing up and saying, "Excuse my clumsiness, I'm sorry." Amarante gave him one more smile of wax before going straight faced and silent waiting for him to either accept her apology or give her one as well, or completely blow it off and introduce himself for once, these were the three options she assumed the boy would choose from, he didn't seem the type to take things out of proportion.

Arnold was at the Great Hall taking some food even though he had just eaten a while go I'm hungry, what can I do he said to himself sticking up the meat to his mouth, buurrpp! "ehem, excuse me" he muttered to himself laughing quitely, he then took a sip at his pumpking juice, grab an apple and walk out of the Great Hall.

He started wondering around the school castle, savoring it's freedom before school starts again, it's been long since he've got here, he walk through some classrooms he attended before, the corridors, we walk past the thropy room and step back again, he stood quite, tossing the apple in the air, I miss this spot he said to himself remembering some memories of his friends they shared here, and the fun of cleaning it too, looking at every trophies that placed here that they were amazed "How was that" he mumbled smiling to himself then took a quick bite to his apple, as he was about to walk away he had bumped to someone, the apple was about to fall and luckily he caught it, he stood straight and search who it was, he saw her the lying in the floor, was about to offer his hand but she hastily stood up, he look straight at her and noticed he look familiar.

Arnold smiled "It's alright, you haven't broke any of my bones anyway" he joked putting his hand over her shoulder to remove the dust away "You bump unto me, you alright? or do I have to bring you at the hospital wing?" he grinned as his dimple appear, putting his hand to his pocket and tossing the apple again.

Amarante gave the boy a smile of wax at his little joke to show that she recognized it then she glanced over at his land that was on her small shoulders then back into the boys eyes and she said, "I'm perfectly fine, thank you for asking." Amarante gave the boy a slight smile, this one however was genuine but she went straight faced after a second or two.

Amarante looked the boy over as he tossed up the apple and she said, "You sold me my wand correct?" Amarante was good at putting names to faces, mostly because she didn't meet many people, but she realised she hadn't recieved a name to this boys face. Amarante bowed her head politely then gave him a smile of wax as she waited for a response.

Looking at the young girl, it was his mistake of thinking about her the different way at their first meeting, Misjudge I should've have judge her he thought as he can see a lighten face is infront of him

Arnold smiled and took a bite at his apple before answering "Yeah, that's me, I guess I'm the only guy who assist there" he said "I'm Arnold by the way" he added grinning at her, as his dimples appeared again.

Amarante smiled genuinely then hid it quickly and she said, "It's a pleasure Arnold, I'm Amarante." Amarante let her misplaced blue eyes sparkle, she was faking it, but there would be no way for him to tell. Amarante paused as she thought of something to say to the boy, when she did she said, "What house are you in?" Amarante hoped that the boy wouldn't be in Hufflepuff but he seemed like he would, something about him reminded her of her sister, who she believed should have been placed in Hufflepuff.

[Do you mind if I join?]

Wendy had heard many stories of the Trophy Room and was on a mission to find it. She had wandered the castle and was about to give up when she heard voices coming from a room not too far away from her. It seemed her search wasn't over yet after all. She continued to walk and awed quietly when she finally found the room she had been searching for all day. She noticed two people there already and recognized them. The girl looked like someone she'd seen on the train, but this girl's face was colder than she remembered. Could it be a different girl? She then laid eyes on the boy and recognized him as the boy who'd sold her her wand. "Um hi," she said quietly.

Amarante turned her head when she heard someone else walking towards them and she bowed her head after giving a smile of wax then she said, "Hello." Amarante didn't have a clue who this girl was but by the looks of it the girl had met Tasanee. "I'm not Tasanee, don't worry," Amarante added to the girl then she turned back to Arnold waiting for his response.

Wendy gave her a puzzled look. Why should she worry about Tasanee in the first place? She ruffled her hair again as she seemed to be waiting for the boys response and wondered if she could somehow make herself invisible and look at the trophies on her own.

Arnold smiled at her question, he had met different people from different houses but some just misdown the house Hufflepuff, he though of something that would be negative about it, but there's non, so far, he nodded "I'm in the house of Hufflepuff" he said quite proud of it "3rd year this Year 6" he added "And you?" he asked her showing his pleasant smile

Arnold then turned to another face that was yet familar to him "Hey" he greeted "I believe we've already met?" he said grinning at her

Amarante let her eyes roll at the girls puzzled look then she smiled kindly at Arnold and she said, "Slytherin first year." Amarante gave the boy a smile of wax once more then began to twirl her hair as he spoke to Tasanee's friend.

Wendy smiled and nodded her head when he said they met before. "Yes, Arnold was it?" she replied. "I'm Wendy," she said introducing herself to both of them. "What brings you guys to this room?" she asked.

Amarante bowed her head gently and politely thoug there was a hint of sarcasm in her actions then she said, "It's a pleasure Wendy, I believe you have met my sister, Tasanee." Amarante gave her another smile of wax then she said, "I was hoping to familiarize myself with Hogwarts before lessons begin, and yourself?"

"Slytherin" Arnold repeated then nodded, then a question came out at him "You have a sister?" he asked Amarante

"That's my name" he said beaming

"Yeah, I was taking a look at hogwarts castle, again, before classes starts, I stopped here for a while then we both bumped at each other" he said looking at Amarante to Wendy then took another bite at his apple.

Arnold feel something different about this two girls his talking to, something not so quite, good specially with the name Tasanee when spoken, he thought, but for while, he wanted to know details and know them both better.

Amarante nodded her head and she said, "She's my twin, in Gryffindor." Amarante felt her cheeks hotten slightly but they didn't flush at all when Arnold said they they bumped into each other.

"Twins? You mean, you both really do look alike?" Arnold said enthusiastically, then hastily cleared his throat "Well, I haven't seen any twins yet, weird huh" he said with a soft laugh

"The sorting hat didn't put you both at the same house, did you request that you'd be put at slytherin?" Arnold asked

Amarante couldn't help but smile at Arnold's enthusiasm and she said simply, "That would be correct." Amarante smiled then she nodded her head at Arnold's question and she said, "Tasanee doesn't have a clue what each house means, I thought she would have been in Hufflepuff, no offense." Amarante ran her delicate fingers through her black hair, her skin colour and her hair colour contrasting nicely as she did so.

Arnold grinned "Well, as far as I can remember, I've chosen Hufflepuff" he said biting his apple "For the reason that Hufflepuff is not a well known house, so I was thinking I could make a difference about it with my friends" he added "But for this past months, something unexpected happened that-" he stopped
"Oh, Am I talking much?" he said with a laugh "I'm sorry, I should've have saying anything.." he smiled fixing his shirt
He watched as Amarante had flip her hair, How smooth he thought she had that gorgeous look, of course everyone does but there are still the gifted one, he then remembered someone, he grinned at her.
Arnold tossed again the apple and took a last bite, he move towards her, quite closer "Why don't we go and check the trophies that HNZ has" he said smiling "Ladies first" he said smiling as his dimples appeared. He held the door open for her.

Amarante smiled and she said, "A little, but I enjoy your company, so it's fine." Amarante smiled softly at him then she watched as he moved in closer to her, Amarante felt her cheeks hotten and she flushed a soft pink but didn't shy away like her dumb sister would she just looked into Arnold'd eyes gently. Then she smiled at him and she said, "Thanks Arnold." Amarante smiled appreciatively at him as she walked through the door he had opened for her, he was a very sweet boy.

[Oops sorry guys, I was busy all day today.]

Wendy stood there as Amarante explained that Tasanee was her twin. Finally it clicked in her head! As Amarante and Arnold talked, a trophy in the far distance had caught her eye so she was busy squinting at it reading it so she zoned out of the conversation. When she zoned back in she blushed and said stupidly, "I'm sorry, I zoned out for a bit...what's up?" she asked trying to figure out what was going on.

"Sure," Wendy replied with a smile. She walked into the room and wowed at the many trophies they had, some were huge. This was the reason why she had come in the first place, to look at the trophies.

Amarante rolled her eyes slightly at the girl then lingered around Arnold slightly, for someone so...nice she quite enjoyed his company. She usually had a bit of problem with Hufflepuffs, never mind other humans. This was why, she preferred to stay with her green python Monty.

Arnold grinned as they enter the trophy room, he remember some memories that had happened here, he walked towards the trophy and obsereved each of them Still the best he thought, he wondered around, theres really alot of trophies.
"So, what can you say?" he began to ask as he smiled

Amarante glanced over at Arnold for a soft moment then walked over to the trophy cabinet and said with a slight smirk, "Bruin wins a lot of medals." Amarante smiled softly then said, "Are you in here at all?" Amarante knew that he would bask in the attention she was sure to give him if he had won any trophies, she figured this was why he had brought them both in.

"His the big brother" Arnold said
He looked at Amarante for a sec then laugh a little before answering "Do I look like to be having one?" he grinned, he never got any trophies for the year since he never expected anything, his a muggle-born anyway "I don't have any name at here at all, but theres Hufflepuff, I..we, also help to gain points" he explained smiling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back