OOC First Name
Annabelle
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Amy had heard about the arts room, and was pleased. She missed her dancing and music, so decided to check it out. It was pretty quiet, so Amy sat down at the piano, sliding her bag off her shoulder. She would dance later, but she needed to practice some old songs that she had learnt.

Amy hummed quietly to the tune of the lyrics, her eyes closed, while her fingers flew softly across the keys. She didn't want to disturb the other students, so she wasn't singing like she normally would. She sighed gently, the tension from her studying disappearing. Suddenly, she felt someone tap her on the shoulder. The music stopped, not as nicely as she had practiced, and she turned around to see a first year Hufflepuff boy standing behind her. She recognised him from her first night, when she went down to the common room to read, but couldn't remember his name."Hi?" Amy said, almost asking a question.

Last edited:
While exploring the castle, loving every inch of the building, Cyrus was taking his time on the corridors. He arrived on the ground floor and could have sworn he heard music. Was that? It had to be a radio! No, there were no lyrics. Actually, it sounded like a piano. Classical music? Either way, Cyrus headed toward the direction of the music. He walked into the room and found a girl playing the piano. He approached her and tapped her on the shoulder. The piano music was not bad. He smiled when she said hi to him, but didn't seem to remember his name. At least she recognized him. "Amy, yes? Um, I like your music!"

Amy nodded."Thank you," she replied."I've been playing since I was seven. It calms me down." She smiled, but started to turn red when she said,"I'm so sorry, but I completely forget your name. So many new people, and I've never been good at remembering names as it is."

Last edited:
Cyrus chuckled, shaking his head at her apology. She did not need to do that at all. They were first years! It would be hard to remember everyone's names. "Hey, it is okay. It'll take time to remember names. I'm Cyrus Baros, but Cyrus is fine!" The Hufflepuff shrugged his shoulders, while he smiled at the same time. "You said it calmed you down. How come you needed to calm down?"

Amy repeated Cyrus' name in her head. She was determined to remember as many names as possible."Well, it's a new environment, I haven't been to school in a few years. It helps me forget that I'm not at home. Oh, and that I have school with that I need to do, of course."

Cyrus cocked his head to the side. What did she mean? Was her home life terrible or something or maybe it was just lonely? Cyrus didn’t think it was his place to really question it. “Okay, I think I get it. I got nervous too when I first came here. I only befriended people in my family. My mommy taught me the basics, and my daddy taught me the muggle world stuff.”

Amy's eyes lit up."Same! I mean, my Mum didn't use magic too often, but still. Similar." She wondered if Cyrus was a half-blood too, but didn't think that it mattered enough to ask. Amy didn't care what type of blood you had, since she thought that you could decide who you wanted to be without being defined by your family."My siblings moved out after they finished school, so it was kinda lonely. But I learnt a lot from my parents."

Cyrus nodded along as she explained about her family. It sounded like she was the youngest, especially with siblings that moved out. “I kind of had to know it. My parents used it all the time. My momma always preached to my dad against muggle stuff. Apparently, it was a shame with our blood status. I’m one of those pure ones. My mom’s family is against it, while my dad’s family is indifferent.” Cyrus shrugged his shoulders, showing that he truly did not care about blood status. Some people did but he was not one of them.

Amy was a little surprised about Cyrus's blood status."Oh," she said."I'm a half-blood. My Mum's a witch and my Dad's a Muggle. It's kinda handy having both sides, I guess." She was proud to be a half-blood, but it didn't matter to her what other people were. She judged them on their personality, not blood status.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back