Missing Something?

Dmitri Lesley

OOC First Name
Teigan
Time: Morning
Date: May, 2038
Setting: Park in London

Dmitri Lesley didn't really have time for parks. They weren't really his thing, too open, too loud, too... populated. He preferred the road less travelled, as it were. Considering his profession, one could hardly blame him for wishing to keep out of the spotlight. His brother and he liked to take the odd trip down the snatch and grab lane. Taking what wasn't theirs was a full time job and not just anyone could do it. It was surprisingly difficult to be good at it. After all, were it easy, anyone would do it. You really needed to have a special kind of talent for it. Luckily, they did. Unfortunate birth statistics meant that Des and Dm were not identical, however that meant very little as they may as well have been. The biggest difference between the pair was, of course, their hair. Whilst Dmitri had brown hair, Desmond, by some sort of crazy genetic mixup, had red hair. Dmitri sometimes admired his younger twins red over his brown, but then he remembered that Des was called carrot top when they were in school and further decided that he quite liked his brown because he didn't have to abide silly nicknames. Of course he and Des had their own nicknames for their siblings. Danika, they called the Factory, because she kept popping out kids, which considering she was now working on her sixth or seventh, was highly appropriate. She hated the name of course, but she was doing little for them to think otherwise. It seemed that all she and Jack ever did was breed. A nasty habit if ever there was one. Sex was great, of course it was, but children... heck to the no. Dm would never have children of his own, not to save his life!

Dmitri took a sip of the slushy he carried and looked over at the play gym he was standing near. He'd just unloaded Danika's kids back onto her and he couldn't have been more grateful for it. Some of them were the most annoying little shits ever to be created by two people. Cian was nice and Dm's favourite, but that little Benjamin had a mouth on him like nobodies business. He was like, six years old and already trying to belittle Dm's intelligence. The fact that Dm was so threatened by that little twerp, went a long way to proving the poop right. Shaking his head, Dm suddenly looked down when he felt something bump into his leg. Surprisingly it was a baby, or more accurately, a toddler. "What in the world?" Dmitri raised an eyebrow and looked around for who could possibly own it. Was it even a boy or a girl? It looked like a boy simply because it had no bows or dresses, but that didn't always mean anything. Some parents sure were strange. However it did not take him very long to locate the mother. She was the only other asian in the area and she looked rather distraught. She was also... hot. Smokin' actually. Dmitri smiled to himself and took the last sip of his slushy before tossing it into the trash. Why not see if he could score himself a little fun? Single mums were easy targets, especially when you rescue their children. Well, he hoped she was single, or he was wasting his time. Not that he hadn't had married women before, they were just annoying. Bending down to scoop up said child, Dmitri cradled him firmly to his chest and put on his best concerned face, which also happened to make him look incredibly attractive if he did say so himself. "Excuse me, ma'am, missing something?"

Ai knew she was stupid. Only, she didn't know she was this stupid! Like this was probably the most stupid thing she did and experienced in her entire life. And that was saying something! Fighting with Taylor and Conan was stupid. Having trouble getting over Heath was definitely a dumb move. But what used to be on top of her list was getting together with Jeremiah f***ing Raven. Yep, that was when her stupidity reached it's peaked and how she wished anyone would be here to tell her that. She was sure that there was one that would be all too happy to tell her though and she had mixed emotions about his current absence. The circumstance she was facing now though definitely beat the top spot that Jeremiah once held. Because she lost her child. Ai could not even fathom how that happened! She could lose a penny, or a quill, or a few documents. But no, she just had to lose a living, breathing human! Her own flesh and blood! She lost her son! Ai was beyond frantic right now really, and the day had gone so well! It was suppose to be a simple day at the park cause her son just loved to crawl in an open space. She should have known better than to let her thoughts linger!

It was no lie that even though Ai was more angry than sad about Jeremiah and Arianna's supposed relationship, it didn't change the fact that it hurt her deeply. Deep enough to endanger her life and Jai's life a few months ago. And while that was almost a year ago, Ai didn't think she could forgive him just yet. After all, she trusted him. And despite the fact that their relationship was over before they even realized the existence of their child, she trusted him again. But of course, that only led her to be broken more than she already was. That was why, she was determined to be happy again. And Jai was helping her through it, little by little. But now, she lost him. Because she let her thoughts linger. The former Hufflepuff was nearly sobbing now, tears prickling her vision until a man called for her attention. She turned around and she saw him. Her baby. And not even listening to the man, she took the boy in her arms and hugged him close. "Thank goodness," she muttered repeatedly in her native tongue. "I'm sorry I lost my thoughts again. Don't you scare Mummy like that again, okay Jai?" she said in relief as she checked her son for any injuries before turning to the man in who had brought him back. "Thank you. I can't even tell you how much you helped me and I don't even know how to pay you back," she said warmly with a kind and relieved smile at the man, and now that she got a good look at him, she had to admit, he was, if only a bit, attractive.

Dmitri stepped back slightly when the mother of the child practically snatched her baby from his arms. An entirely understandable reaction given the circumstances, and after all, Dmitri was a stranger to this woman, he could have been anyone. He would never actually hurt a child, no matter how much he might like to sometimes, but she didn't know that, for all she knew he could have been an axe murderer, or worse. Dmitri made sure to appear as unthreatening as possible, as well as good looking and nodded graciously, well, as graciously as was possible for him to appear, when she thanked him. He shook his head. "Oh, no, don't even worry about it. I'm just happy he is back with his mother." He said whilst looking at her hands and noticing there was no ring. "I'm sure you aren't the first parent to lose her child." She could have a boyfriend though, he had better scope that out. "Is your partner around?" He pretended to look at all the males and wondered if any of them could be attached to the duo in front of him. He hoped not. The woman, whoever she was, had a beautiful smile, though it hid behind it the trials of a hard life. She looked quite young, probably just out of school if his observations served him well. Teenage pregnancy? If so she likely was single, most, but not all, were. Either way, the child seemed to adore his mother. What had she called him, Jai? It was a decent enough name he supposed. "Do you need me to help you with anything?"

He didn't know why she had lost sight of her child, nor did he care, but she was hot, he was hot and it was a beautiful day, the perfect opportunity for him really and if she really was, as he suspected, a single mother, then today just became his lucky day. Was the father of this child paying for him? Maybe she had some money of her own? He needed to find out and there were only a couple of ways to do that without raising any alarm bells in his victim... potential friend. "Why don't you let me buy you and the boy some lunch? As a way to say thank you?"

Now that Jai was back in her arms, Ai didn't exactly know what to do right now. Sometimes, he loved being carried, but most times, he enjoyed crawling freely ever since he learned how to, and now, she was almost scared and very excited for when he learns to walk. Though he would probably give her a heart attack considering how he's almost nearly giving her one that he only knows how to crawl. But, of course, right now, it was comforting that he was still willing to stay in her arms instead of moving around. Especially since she was still talking to the man who brought him back. After all, Ai didn't want to be any more rude to him than she already was earlier. She was glad though that he wasn't mad about it. In fact, he was even comforting her, though the way he was doing it was quite amusing indeed. "That's not exactly a comforting thought," she couldn't help but chuckle at his words though his next question couldn't help but make her fidget a little. It wasn't exactly a question that she was avoiding, it was just really hard to bear with the looks she would sometimes get considering she was young and already had a child. "Uh, I don't really have one so I would say no," she smiled though she doubted the smile reached her eyes.

Ai was taken by surprised though when he had asked her if she needed help with anything, as if he hadn't already helped her enough. Finding Jai was already the biggest thing he could ever do for her right now cause she didn't think she'd be able to handle the thought that she'd lost her own child because of her own stupidity. How would she face Jeremiah? And even more so, how could she live with that? "Help? Well, knowing the name of my savior for today would probably be a good start," she decided that she may as well figure out his name. This may be the first and last meeting they would ever have, but still, this meeting would certainly be engraved in her memory. Especially since he just kept on surprising her with his kindness. After all, nobody had ever been this kind to her before. And she couldn't blame them, she wasn't exactly kind back in school either. "That's very kind of you, though wouldn't it be better if we buy you lunch? You did save us both today after all," she said with a small smile and decided that she would welcome his kindness, though she already knew it won't last. After all, she firmly believed now that everybody leaves, and that pains her. Because she knew, eventually this man would leave, and even though it wouldn't be years into the future, her baby would also leave her.

Dmitri smiled as the woman laughed. She had a beautiful laugh and that was making today's adventures ever the much more pleasurable experience. Despite knowing her all of like two minutes, Dmitri was already intrigued by this woman and the trinkets she may carry. He was interested in her, of course, he didn't just steal from anybody, but he was definitely more interested in what he could take from her, then what she could give. He shook his head and crossed his arms. "Well, no. Now that you mention it. I suppose it isn't a very comforting thought, is it?" Certainly mothers had lost their children before though. He was sure that his sister had regaled him many a tale of losing her children whilst at the park, or at a shop, or even simply in the house. He decided that maybe he would help this woman to feel a little better. "You know, my sister, she's got five kids now by the way, she once told me of this time that she lost her son Benjamin in her own house." Dmitri definitely wasn't lying bout this either. Danika had a bad habit of losing things and that clearly included her children. Hearing that she didn't have a partner obviously meant she was single with no husband or boyfriend to get in his way and Dmitri grinned at her. "That's terrible. How could you be single? Well, there's definitely no hope for me then if your single, clearly you very much want to be! Why would anyone allow you to be single?" Laying it on thick was always the best call in these situations. Compliment the woman and then let her continue from there.

Dmitri nodded slightly and was quite happy to oblige his companion when she asked for his name. She bowed to her, rather dramatically, and flourished his arms. "Dmitri, at your service, ma'am." Last names were not important now and if she was determined he would just make on up. He couldn't exactly go around giving her his full name after all. That would be ridiculous. "Might I know yours?" He already knew the kids name. Jai, she'd called him. Interesting name. He wondered who'd come up with that. Her offer of lunch was a little surprising, if he was honest, but he did well to hide it and just smiled. "Please, don't bother yourself. I'm just glad you and... Jai, was it? are safe now." He grinned at her and turned to leave. She would need to make the offer again for him to accept it. He couldn't seem too keen after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back