Missing Quidditch

Beaumont Karhunlappi

OOC First Name
Emma(pants)
Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Beau wished he had his own broomstick. It would be so cool to be able to practice flying whenever he wanted. As it was, he had to wait until the supply shed was open. He wandered up to it today and pulled on the handle. It didn't budge. "Ah, rats," he kicked at the dirt and his hands went into his pockets. Fist closing on his wand, he brought it out and admired it. He was really enjoying being a wizard, he just wished he could get the guts to ask his parents for a broomstick. He really, really wanted to fly. All the time.

Suddenly a lesson from charms popped into his head. At first he couldn't figure out why, but then he smiled. Pointing his wand at the door to the supply shed, he said, "Alohamora," and the door clicked and creaked. Pulling on the handle again, this time the door came open and Beau let himself into the shed. He'd always wondered how everyone else seemed to be able to go in and out as they pleased. Now he knew. He smiled. Not that that was unusual for Beau. He was a cheerful kid.

Grabbing the first broomstick he saw, he said, "Up!", and jumped on the now-hovering broom. Leaning forward, he sped out the door and onto the quidditch pitch. As he flew up and around the field, he sighed. He had been really, really looking forward to quidditch this year. Too bad the Tree-Wizard Tournament or whatever it was meant there were no games this year. He'd watched every game last year, and thought he had figured out how to play, but he wasn't confident. He'd been hoping to be able to try out for the Hufflepuff team this year, as first years hadn't been allowed last year. He hadn't thought he'd get in, but if he was a reserve, he could join in the practices and learn how to play. He flew up high and held on to the school broom tightly as the strong spring wind buffeted him fiercely. Looking around, he decided to see how fast he could go. Aiming at a hoop at the North end of the field, he leaned forward and hunched over, close to the broom.

Siddalee was hyperactive. She'd been inside for too long. She wanted to be outdoors. No, she wanted to be flying.

So she ran down to the Quidditch pitch, intent on borrowing a broom and doing just that. But when she got down there, she was someone else on the pitch, flying around. He didn't look that old. Hm. And he'd graciously left the supply shed open. How nice. Siddalee quickly tied up her red hair, grabbed a broom, said "Up!" and mounted it. Soon, she was speeding toward the figure, and she pulled up neatly beside him.
"Hi!" she said, hoping she hadn't startled him. She hadn't seen him before, but he didn't look that old. A first or second year, then. "I'm Siddalee. Griffy. First year. You?" she said, sticking out her hand for him to shake. With her other hand, she gripped the broom extra tight. She was good at flying, but not THAT good.

((Ooh! Thanks for replying! I made this aaaages ago and now I'm only on sporadically - see absence thread here - but Beau needs to meet more people, so I'm happy to do this if you still are. It might just be slow))

Beau was cruising when he noticed a red-headed girl flying towards him. As she pulled up beside him, she stuck out a hand and introduced herself. Beau loved this about Hogwarts. Everyone was as friendly as he was himself. He smiled widely and shook her hand. He'd noticed how tightly she was holding on to her broom, and made a point of showing how lightly he was holding his. He couldn't help being a bit of a show off sometimes. "Hey Siddalee, cool name. I'm Beaumont. Puff. Second year." he introduced himself in the same manner she had. "You fly well for a first year. Do you practice at home?" he couldn't help but let a little envy come through in his voice. He wanted more than anything to be able to fly whenever he wanted.

They were nearing the hoops at the North end of the pitch now, and Beau grabbed on to one of them and leaned inwards, letting the rest of his body and his broom swing round in a wide arc. Tucking in close, he ducked through the hoop and waited for Siddalee to turn around so they could fly together in the other direction.

((All goods! I'm on sporadically as well, so that sounds good! And Sidda needs more guy friends, as she's the sort who would hang out with guys, but suddenly has all these girl friends!So yay!))

Siddalee flew alongside Beaumont, noticing how lightly he was holding on. Dang, he's pretty good.she thought. You gotta stop being such a wuss. What's the worst that'll happen if you hold on lightly, girl? A few cuts? You'll be fine. Calm down, Siddalee. Calm down.

"Thanks. I like my name too, but it's a bit long. YOu can call me Sidda, if you want. Or Lee. I don't mind what I'm called, to be honest." Siddalee watched as Beaumont swung around a hoop, and then turned so they could go back the other way.
"No, I don't fly at home. I'm actually Muggle born, so I hadn't flown before I came here. If I flew at home, I'd be flying in the middle of a muggle city."
As Siddalee flew, she relaxed her hands so she was holding on more loosely, and decided to go a bit faster. As she accelerated, she called over her shoulder to Beaumont.
"Come on, Beau! You're going at granny speed!" she teased, grinning wickedly at him before speeding off.

Beau nodded when Siddalee said he could call her by one of her nicknames. "Yeah, you can call me Beau. I'm kinda muggle-born, too. Well, not really, but my Mum's a squib, so I was pretty much brought up muggle. I'm from Dunedin. How about you? " Then suddenly Sidda hunched close to her broom and shot forward. Beau's eyes widened as she called an insult back to him. His face broke into a wide grin, "You're asking for trouble, Sidda! If I'm a granny, you're a DINOSAUR!" With that, he lay flat against his broomstick and dropped the front of it so that he went shooting towards the ground at lightning speed.

Once he'd gathered speed, he pulled his broom upwards again so that he rose high into the air. He came up even with Sidda, then shot past her. "HA! Come on diplodocus! So have you seen a quidditch game? It's so cool. It really sucks that there are no house games this year. It's cos of that tree-wizard tournament thing in France. I watched all the games last year. I really wanted to play, but first years weren't allowed to join the Hufflepuff team, which really sucks cos other houses let first years in. I was really looking forward to playing this year but then I got here and they were like 'nope, no quidditch for you,' and I was real gutted. I've been practicing and practicing every spare moment, and I reckon I'm real good now, see?" He spun in circles as he chattered away. He had to fight the broomstick, which didn't handle so well at the speeds he was pushing it at, but with muscles straining he managed a three-sixty rotation almost on the spot. "I think I wanna be a world famous quidditch player when I grow up. What do you want to be? Of course, I don't really want to have to grow up and do boring grown up stuff, but you know, you kind of have to. Oh and it'll be great when I turn seventeen and get my wizard's license, that'll be awesome, but otherwise I reckon it'd be pretty cool to just hang out at Hogwarts all the time, playing and flying and learning cool magic tricks."

If it wasn't obvious before, it was quite clear now that Beau was a talker. He'd also never quite gotten out of the habit of calling witchcraft and wizardry 'magic tricks.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back