Missing Other Half.

Jasmine Wolfe

OOC First Name
Lauren
Jasmine found herself hanging around Brightstone a lot more as the next school year was approaching. She wanted to get a feel for the place that was so close to Hogwarts, the school that she was longing to go to. Normally, she wouldn't go anywhere without her twin brother, Grayson, but today was the exception. The twins had decided to part ways for the day and do their own thing which Jasmine wasn't terribly pleased about. They usually did everything together and despite not wanting to admit it, she loved her brother and couldn't bare to be parted from him for long. Nevertheless, she carried on looking around the shops on her own and headed towards the best one of all, Honeydukes. She pressed her nose against the glass as she looked around the store and mentally planned in her head what she was already going to get.

The sun was shining, her skin was warm, and Frankie was ecstatic to know that the land of the long white cloud could experience just as much endless blue sky as California did at home. Today she and her mother were somewhere called Brightstone, so close to Hogwarts castle Frankie almost felt she could run there right now. A castle was like something out of a fairytale, one of the ones in modern day retellings that was big and imposing and filled with knights and swords and thousands of arrows flying from the walls. California had never had castles (it was a drawback, really, but not too much) and next year she would be living in one. Last night she had slept in a motel room (was a motel still a motel if it belonged to wizards? Because if it was, it was false advertising; there were no cars here), and once she had awoken her mother had scrambled some eggs and then sent her off on her own to experience the village unfettered by how an adult would see the world.

Frankie didn't really think of her mother as an adult, but they'd played this game before and she loved returning home to describe all the things she'd seen and done during the day. Craning her head to see down the row of storefronts, she noted that one of the window displays was in the process of being redone and - and they had a Honeydukes here! Frankie made a beeline for it immediately, and once she was through the huddle of people in her way she saw that the girl who had been pressed up against the window still hadn't moved from the exact spot Frankie had first spotted her in. "You know whoever you're spying on in there can probably see you, right?" she said, cupping her hands around her eyes to peer into the store as well.

Jasmine hadn't known how long she had been standing with her nose pressed against the window but it must have been a decent amount of time because she heard someone stand next to her and comment on her stationary position. She scowled a little "I'm not spying!" she replied to the unknown person next to her as she continued to stare into Honeydukes. "I'm looking to see what is inside before I go in" she explained, her voice a little muffled because she was still facing the glass. Eventually she sighed and reluctantly pulled herself away and turned to the person who first approached her. She put her hands on her hips and looked at the girl "Besides, if I was spying on someone. I wouldn't be that obvious. You have to be sneaky you know. You have to be like invisible and blend into the surroundings!" she explained matter-of-factly to the girl. "Like this!" she said suddenly as she span around and went to hide around the corner next to Honeydukes. She pressed herself against the wall and waited to see if this girl would follow her. Jasmine had a lot of practise spying, she did a lot of spying on her brother and as a result she thought that she was rather good at it.

Frankie's eyes moved from one person to the next inside the store, trying to decide who would be most likely to be the target of this unknown girl's gaze. However, her progress was halted by the girl's disagreement of what she was doing, and so Frankie pulled back from the window to face her as well. She smiled at the girl's slightly defensive posture, and pushed her own hands down into her hoodie pockets. "That's smart, I guess. But I'll give you a clue..." A small grin played around the corner of her mouth as she leaned forward towards the other girl, bringing their faces slightly closer together. "Candy. That's what's inside." Why you wouldn't just go straight in was beyond Frankie, but each to their own. There was something interesting about this girl, she thought, and Frankie was pleasantly surprised to suddenly be looking at her back as she ran away behind the corner. Grinning, she followed immediately and ducked in behind the other girl, hands still in her pockets but her back pressed as firmly to the wall as the other girl's. "You clearly know what you're doing. I'm Frankie. What's your name? Are you going to Hogwarts next year?" They looked about the same age, and from her first impression Frankie had already decided she liked the other girl - she definitely wouldn't mind seeing more of her after today.

Despite trying to remain unapproachable, Jasmine couldn't help but giggle at the girl. She was really starting to like her already and she had the same sense of humour as herself which was evident when the blonde girl followed Jas around the corner and hid with her. Jasmine grinned at the girl "I have had a lot of practise!" she announced proudly. "My brother is super annoying" she said rolling her eyes "so he gives me plenty of opportunity to perfect my spying skills" she explained, beaming. "My name is Jasmine. Nice to meet you Frankie" she smiled. "You know Hogwarts? Yes! I am going. I cannot wait!! Are you going to? Are you excited?" she asked, bombarding Frankie with question after question.

Frankie grinned back at the other girl; her smile was infectious enough that there could be no other response even if she had tried. "A brother, huh? Yeah, I've heard stories about those. Older or younger?" She didn't have one of her own - practically had no siblings at all, in fact, considering she hadn't seen her sister since they were both drooling messes. "He's gotta be interesting to spy on, though, right? Or you wouldn't have got so good at it." Her guess about this girl being a fellow future Hogwarts student turned out to be correct, too, and Frankie grinned at the barrage of the questions the other girl threw her way. "Yeah, I'm excited! I'm going to be going to school in a whole other country, it's pretty awesome." Frankie ran her hand through the hair at the front of her face, flipping it back. "I don't know much about Hogwarts, though - didn't even know I'd be going until a few months ago. Anything good I should know?" This whole trip to New Zealand was a sort of preparatory scouting mission after all.

Jasmine rolled her eyes "two minutes older than me and he'll never let me forget it!" she stated with venom "he's my twin. I think he's around here somewhere but you don't want to meet him. I'm the better twin anyway, much more fun" she winked and grinned at the girl. "Do you have any siblings?" she asked, wondering if the girl knew how frustrating they could be at times but Jasmine wouldn't change Gray for the world. "I mean, interesting probably isn't the word i'd use. Boys are weird you know. That's something i've learned from spying" she giggled. Jasmine grinned at the enthusiasm that the girl showed in return "It's only the best magical school in the world!" she declared "you'll absolutely love it there! How are you finding New Zealand at the moment? How long have you been here? Where do you normally live?" she asked the girl, wanting nothing more than to get to know her better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back