OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Rigid Larch Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
The first day back always went by in a rush. After sorting it was just feasting and catching up with friends and then it was time to unpack and crash. Jacob noticed Onyx wasn't in bed by the time he closed his curtains but just figured he was probably with Sapphire. In the morning, he was out of bed, rushing to submit his paperwork to schedule the pitch for Gryffindor practices. If he waited too long, someone like Analei would end up with all the good slots and that just wouldn't do. Jacob banked on her being too preoccupied with being Head girl and too type a to trust Arvel to do it to get it done too early. He hoped.

So it wasn't until after breakfast that Jacob still didn't see Onyx. He stood up from the Gryffindor table to go search for Sapphire and when he spotted her, he yelled out her name. "Saph! Wait up!"

The first day back was rougher than Sapphire had expected. After a pretty much sleepless night, she had gone to submit some paperwork for quidditch. Blake was too caught up in an ego trip to do it himself. She had just finished, on her way... Well, she wasn't really sure where she was going, when she heard Jake call her. She slowed, turning to look at him with tired eyes. "Your Majesty?" She questioned, a half hearted smile on her face.

Jacob took one look at Sapphire and blurted out words he 0erhaps should have held onto. "You look like crap, Saph." The teen paused for a moment, realizing how rude that was and then continued on in a rush. "I mean, gee, you look like it's been a week since you slept. You ok?" She did look tired.

Sapphire raised a brow, smirking a little at Jake's bluntness. "Not really, no," She responded in turn, rolling her neck and holding up a finger for each of her problems. "I'm co-captain with Blake Irons, our 'star' seeker with an ego to rival a diva, and absolutely no one else on the team- er, from the team last year, has any respect for him. When Derek and I leave I'm worried the team will fall apart, you can't lead a team that won't follow you," She sighed. "And this mess with Onyx..." She scrubbed her hands over her face. "I'm not really sleeping much these days."

Jacob smirked as he listened to Sapphire talk about her co-captain. He knew the guy a little from quidditch and other shared activities but not enough to know his personality. Her point was well made though. It would be hard to get the team to follow him if they didn't respect him. When she continued, his eyebrows furrowed. "Yeah, where is he?" he asked. "That's why I came to find you."

Sapphire paused, looking to Jake with tired eyes. "You don't know?" She thought everyone had been told. She sighed heavily, running her hand over her face. "Alright then, long story short. Our crazy aunt blames Onyx and I for our parents deaths, hates me in particular, and tried to take me out over holiday. Onyx saw her coming when I didn't and pushed me out of the way, got blasted back into a pillar. He busted his head open, got hurt pretty bad, and when he finally woke up he had lost all of his memories. He won't be coming back to school." She stuck her hands in her pockets. "Why else do you think he was hitting on you at your party? Or I didn't kill him for trying? He forgot you two already failed that."

"Know what?" he stated, confused at her question. He'd seen Onyx at his party and he'd seemed fine. But it was clear as Sapphire spoke that he really, really wasn't. Honestly, Jacob hadn't thought anything of Onyx's behavior at his party. It was just Onyx to him. "Oh wooooow, Saph. That's...dark" he declared. Jacob couldn't imagine any of his aunts or uncles hating him so much they would want to off him. It sounded like Onyx was lucky to be alive. "All of his memories?" Jacob stated, a deep frown on his face. He couldn't imagine not remembering anything about his life.

Sapphire smiled a little. "Yeah, pretty dark. Welcome to my life," She rubbed the back of her neck. She sighed softly at his question. "All of them. He woke up a blank slate. He didn't remember me, or our uncle, not even his name. I mean, I guess it's good in the sense that it made him forget Chrys cheating on him for over a year... he's happy, if not clueless." She sighed. "It's weird being here without him."

She shook her head, straightening her back and holding her head up high. "How are you, your majesty? Feels like we haven't caught up in forever." She asked, watching him with dull sapphire eyes. "You ready to bow down to me on the field when we kick your ass, captain?" She teased, a soft smirk on her lips.

Jacob scratched the back of his head, not knowing at all what to say. "I can't imagine" he nodded in agreement. He was just used to Onyx always being there even if they didn't hang out as much in recent years.

Jacob stifled a laugh. "You wish. Gryffindor is hungry for that title." He shrugged. "I've been ok, still finding it hard to believe this is our last year, kind of nervous about what comes next. Hey, do you think Onyx would be ok getting a letter from me?"

Sapphire grinned. "Wanna bet? Slytherin isn't about to hand it over," She put her hands on her hips. "How bout a little wager, your majesty?" She proposed, her mind racing with different wagers she could make.

She smiled a bit at his answer, and at his question. "I know the feeling. Any plans I thought I had are kinda on hold now," She leaned against the wall. "Have you had any thoughts on what to do when you're free? Also, do you have a cell phone or something? I'm still gunna annoy you once we graduate, your majesty." She teased lightly. "As for Nyxy... I'm sure he'd love to get letters, honestly. Me, Arcturus, and Kira have been writing him, and I think Isla is, they grew pretty close last year after that mess with Chrys." She paused a little, glancing at him. "Hey, question. Am I... I dunno... Am I weird?" She asked.

"You're on" Jacob grinned. "What'll it be?" he asked, wondering what she wanted to wager. Jacob wasn't going to turn down a bet. It wouldn't be a very Gryffindor thing to do. His mind was already thinking about what he'd make Sapphire do if, no when, he won.

"My grandad gave me one, but I don't think it works" he shrugged. He didn't really know how cell phones worked. There weren't many buttons on the phone he had. When he had turned it on before, it always seemed to go haywire. "I've got a few ideas, but no definite plans" he stated. He was happy when the conversation shifted back to Onyx. "I'll write him soon then" he grinned, though it filled when the mood seemed to shift. "Weird?" he took a moment to consider and then shook his head. "Nah, no weirder than the rest of us, I think. Why do you ask?"

((OOC: I'm soooooo sorry for the delay for some reason I thought it was still your turn))

Sapphire thought it over a moment. "Personal servant for the day?" She mused. "Has to wear the winners' house colors for a week?" She bit her lip. "Both?" She grinned mischievously. She actually laughed as he told her his limited experiences with a phone. "Fine, I'll come over at some point over the break and show you basically how to answer it when I call." She wrinkled her nose at him playfully.

She nodded when he said he'd write Onyx, and hesitated as he answered her question before returning with one of his own. "Well, I... I worry a little. I raised myself, and I don't... I don't understand a lot of what's socially normal, or acceptable? And between being prefect and captain everyone seems to expect me to know what I'm doing, and between what happened with Chrys, and Oliver, and Alkander, and Mervyn, and the mess with Onyx, merlin, I just... I guess I'm just worried that all these bad things keep happening and it's my fault." She confided in her friend.

[no worries at all! ]

"Both" Jacob agreed after hearing her two suggestions. He knew Gryffindor was going to be victorious so there really was no chance he'd have to wear Slytherin colors. Jacob wasn't even entertaining that as an option. The teen nodded at her offer to help him figure out the phones. He was sure he could ask his dad for help if he wanted it, but it would mean having to admit not already knowing which Jacob hated doing with his dad. So, really it was a great alternative for him to have Sapphire teach him.

As she explained herself and ran down the list of names, people who'd once been in the school but no longer were now that he thought about it. Jacob hadn't spent any time thinking about it before, but then he wouldn't have had to. Only one of those people had been a friend and he only just knew about the others. Still, he shook his head. "Whatever happened to them wasn't your fault, none of it. And you're not weird so stop saying that." Jacob softened his tone before he continued, " you're a bit tougher than the rest of us and you have this uncanny way of knowing how people feel even without them telling you but you're not weird, ya weirdo." Jacob grinned, giving her a small nudge with his arm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back