OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Kat had been thinking a lot about her last few years here at school. She'd made some really wonderful friends, but she'd lost some too. One friend in particular that she missed very much was Courtney. Kat's friend hadn't returned to school last year and she'd only heard from her a handful of times. Not having Courtney around anymore was definitely a dark spot for Kat as she missed the vivaciousness and spunk that her friend had added to her life. After having not heard from Courtney in several months, Kat decided that it was time to write a letter.
Little Miss Courtney Potter,

You've got a bit of explaining to do missy! I haven't heard from you in months and I'm starting to get a little worried. Do not make me come to Canada and beat you swiftly about the head and neck for not writing me more often. I bloody miss you like crazy! Please write back to tell me what's been going on in your life!

Missing you tons schlerp!
Kat

With that, Kat sealed the letter and attached it to Lavenders leg. She gave her owl a treat and and the said, "Take this to Courtney Potter!" She watched as the bird flew off into the dimly lit sky. When she could no longer see its shape flying through the air she decided that it was time to head back up to the castle...so as not to get caught out after curfew.

Courtney had been sitting on the rocks in the shadow of her lighthouse as she watched Nanook play in the waves below, when an unexpected visitor arrived. "Hello!" Courtney squealed as she jumped out of her seated position, as she hadn't seen an owl other than her own in months. As the owl placed the letter by Courtney's feet, Courtney searched around in her pocket to find some sort of treat. Shrugging, she pulled out a bone shaped dog treat and handed it to the bird. "Don't leave quite yet, I may have to send something back with you!"

Courtney picked up the letter and tore it open, hoping it was from one of her friends and not school administration. Before reading the letter, she glanced at the signature, and jumped around a few times when she realized that it was Katalina's signature. After reading the letter, Courtney ran inside to find a piece of parchment and a quill.
Katalina Vanderhol,

I'm so sorry I haven't been writing very much at all! Please know and tell everyone at Hogwarts that I think about them all of the time! I miss you, Lily, Estrella, Kaela, and everyone else soooo much!

I don't really have anything exciting going on right now. The weather is warm, so I've been sitting on the beach with Nanook most of the time when I'm not reading or working with a tutor. Believe me, homeschooling isn't easier than being at Hogwarts! But what about you? I mean, tell me everything that happened while I was away! Are there any boys that you like? What about the sorority and the SDA?

Till the next time,
Courtney Potter

Courtney sealed the letter after she finished writing it and tossed it in a cardboard box sitting on her table. I have to send my friends some things! She then ran to her fridge and opened it, pulling out a bottle of maple syrup. I hope they like this stuff! After securing the maple syrup in the box, Courtney walked out of her lighthouse and picked a rock up off of the ground. This might be a pretty cool thing to send as well..

After sealing up the box containing the rock, syrup and letter, Courtney handed it to the owl Katalina had sent. "Please take this back to Kat! I promise I'll have better treats for you next time!"

A light tapping on the window caused Kat to stir from her sleep. With a yawn she jumped out of the bed and opened the window for Lavender. The owl looked very tired from her long journey to and from Nova Scotia. Kat decided to let her owl rest for the night and she'd send her out with a response later tomorrow afternoon. Still not completely awake, Kat opened the box that Courtney had sent back to her. There was a bottle of syrup and a rock. Only Courtney she thought with a sleepy little laugh, wanting to keep quiet so as not to wake Cyndi and Andy. Kat pulled out the letter that was also in the box and read it over twice. She pulled out a piece of parchment and her muggle pen that Professor Weiss had given the class last year and wrote back.

Court,

We all miss you too! Though Kaela isn't at school anymore either, but I'm not sure what happened to her. Kale had left school part of the way through last year to go to Hogwarts Scotland, but he's back now. Lily and Blake are still together and are utterly nauseatingly cute together as always. Estrella is dating some transfer student from Durmstrang who is now in Slytherin.

There is no boy in my life at the moment and I do believe I'm probably better off that way for right now. Last year was just way too much for me (I'll have to fill you in later). I'm kind of swearing off relationships this year...just pray that I can stick to my guns!

My sister is home schooled as well and she absolutely despises it most of the time. She's so bored so I can't imagine how miserable you must be. Are you at least getting to do any flying? I hope so! So with being home schooled...did you have to take OWL's?

The SDA is going fairly well, not as well as I'd like, but well enough I suppose. The sorority has been going strong. We are all very close, though it's just not the same without you.

I really have to run now as it's the middle of the night, but I hope that you will write back!

Later,
Kat

P.S. Thanks for the syrup and the rock!!

After writing, Kat practically fell over on her pillow and slept quite well for the rest of the night. She awoke to the soft 'hooting' from Lavender and remembered that she had to send off the letter to Courtney. Kat gave her bird two treats and some water and then sent her off with another letter for her friend.

Courtney received Katalina's second letter just as she was getting ready to prepare an afternoon snack. She stopped what she was doing to open the letter and giggled as she read it. She was happy that the sorority was still going strong, and that the SDA was still going. Man, it was hard running the SDA. Before getting back to making her snack, Courtney found a piece of parchment and a quill and wrote Katalina a letter.
Hiya Kat!

I'm glad that all things seem to be going well at Hogwarts, man, I really miss it when I'm reading your letters! I think I've read over the first one you sent me fifty times. I'm not certain how old the maple syrup I sent you was, but I hope you enjoyed it anyways!

I am getting some flying in every so often, but recently I've been teaching myself how to surf. You'll have to come out here one day, maybe during summer or winter holidays? How is your Quidditch team? Are you in a house or club team now?

I'm glad you and Lily are running the clubs so smoothly, I wish I could be there to run them with you guys! Send your sister some love for me! And tell me all about this boy you are talking about!

Love,
Courtney

PS - How are things going with Lily and her boyfriend?!

When Courtney was finished writing she sent the letter off with Katalina's owl and resumed making her small feast.

Kat had returned from class to find Lavender sitting on her perch and a letter lying on the bed. She threw down her bag and grabbed the letter opening it. She read it over it twice before grabbing some paper and a pen and writing back to her friend.
Hey Court!

The maple syrup was great! Made the waffles and pancakes super tasty! We miss you too and wish you were here to help us wreak a little havoc.

Surfing? What's that? Never heard of it before! You'll definitely have to teach me to do this surfing thing. Sounds like it might be fun. Quidditch is pretty much the same as it's been since I started school 4 years ago...slightly non-existent. We've had some practices, but never really any games for the house teams this year.

Well me and Makato broke up early first term and then I met an older boy from Durmstrang. That turned out to be disastrous and I got hurt to say the least, but Bruin helped me get revenge on them (though I bruised my knuckles in the process, but it was worth it). There was a whole kissing booth thing and Bruin was in a dress. It was great! Wish you could have been there to see it all!!

I have to run and finish up some homework, but write back soon!!

Love,
Kat

P.S. Oh, Lily and Blake are still together and as absolutely nauseatingly cute as they always were.

Kat gave the letter to the owl along with a treat and then sent her on the way to Courtney. With that, Kat grabbed her books and began to work on an essay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back