OOC First Name
Liv
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Tail of Charmed Newt
Sumner jogged down the stairs, grabbed a banister and vaulted over to land on the last moving staircase. He rode that until it stopped with a grinding of stone against stone and took the stairs two at a time. He ran a hand through his still wet hair from the shower he'd managed to grab after Quidditch practice this morning. He'd pushed himself harder this time and felt great. But hungry. And missing his girl. Studying for exams had sucked up both their free time so they hadn't managed much time together.

He ducked around a group of gossiping girls, his arms ups, palms facing out uncomfortably so he didn't get too near them. They were like clucking hens ready to peck someone's face off. He liked his face just fine as it was. He neared the Ravenclaw table then stopped and grimaced. It was over run with first years. While he had nothing against them, they also had little to nothing in common.

His greyish green eyes scanned the large room until they zeroed in on Kat sitting at her house table. It wasn't too busy there so he shrugged and straddled the bench beside her, plucked a piece of bacon from her plate and kissed the corner of her mouth. "Hey," he murmured with a boyish grin then popped the bacon in his mouth. He chewed blissfully at the salty flavor. He bit into a second piece from the trencher before he brought a bit up toward Kat's mouth playfully. "Wanna bite?" His eyes glittered in mischief.

Kat was doing her daily visit to the Great Hall. She'd made sure she attended at least once a day where she merely sat and pushed the food around on her plate to make it look like she was eating it. Figuring if she kept conversation with her housemates then she wouldn't have to focus on the plate in front of her and they too would most likely ignore the fact that she hadn't touched a bite of food, though every now and then she would nibble on a piece of toast...just for appearances.

Sitting with a book on the table in front of her she felt someone kiss the corner of her mouth. Kat grinned, though her smile these days wasn't nearly as bright, but rather weak and tired. When Sumner put the bacon near her face she felt her stomach lurch just a little bit...the smell of most foods made her sick to her stomach lately. Probably smells so repulsive because it makes me look so repulsive she thought to herself as she looked at her boyfriend and said, "No thanks...think I'll let you finish it off. I've eaten so much this morning I feel like I'm going to pop." Kat was getting better at lying...so good in fact that she believed it herself.

Sumner popped it into his mouth and shrugged. He sat beside her fully and put some food on a plate. He was too hungry to really care if anybody at that table objected. He wanted to be with Kat and they'd get a bludger upside their head for saying anything about it. "I don't know where it all goes," he murmured, glancing at her body then with a slow smile returned his eyes to his plate. "You sure you don't want anything else?"

Kat simply chuckled as she watched Sumner piled his plate full of food. "I'm sure. Gonna have to run a mile to work off everything I ate this morning. The house elves really out do themselves every day," she lied convincingly. She watched as he ate...the amount of food that boys could consume never ceased to amaze her. "Let me guess...very few things give you an appetite like that. Quidditch this morning?" she asked closing her book and leaning her elbow on the table and resting her head on her hand.

"Want some company?" Sumner could do with a run. He'd mostly been in the air that morning and hadn't really worked out the rest of his body. "Yeah, have to rack up enough time. You know, so we can beat your arses," he grinned then winked at her. As he shoveled in food his pale eyes roamed her face and narrowed in concern. "You feeling okay?"

"Yeah...I'd like that," she replied knowing that she'd been lagging in the exercise department lately, down to jogging only twice a day now and Kat felt like she needed to start back to doing it more often. She snorted loudly and said, "The only arses that will be getting beat are the teams brave enough to step up to the plate against Gryffindor. Just a little warning."

She was a little shocked when Sumner asked her if she was feeling okay. "Yeah, I'm fine...why?"

Sumner laughed. "Yeah, we'll see who's standing last." Although he'd probably beat some major ass if somebody tried any dirty pull toward his girl. He hoped he wouldn't have to knock her off her broom.

He brushed a stray strand of hair back from her face and skimmed her jawline with his thumb gently. "You look tired, Kat. Gorgeous," he shrugged with a laughing grin, "but tired."

"Try not to take it too hard when Gryffindor wins the quidditch cup...if you're nice I'll let you hold it," she joked sticking her tongue out just a little bit.

Kat closed her eyes when Sumner stroked the edge of her face. "Probably all this studying for OWLs...been doing a few all nighters lately...that's all," she replied matter of factly.

Sumner nodded slowly and in a rare moment of insight toward the female persuasion he quirked a brow at her, for some reason her words not reassuring him. Or ringing true. "You can be my study buddy," he wagged his eyebrows and sneaked a kiss.

Kat kissed him back, but it wasn't as fervent as she usually did. She just didn't have the energy right now. "Study buddy...you really think that's a good idea?" she asked with a smirk on her face and then added, "So how come you're not freaking out about these things like I am? You have a secret that you're not sharing?"

Sumner returned to eating, feeling unsettled. He shrugged. "Sure. I just write answers over every inch of my body," he deadpanned. She must just be stressed. She'll be okay, he thought.

"I could do that for you, if you like," he glanced at her with a slow grin.

Kat just laughed when he said he wrote all the answers over every inch of his body. Her face turned beet red when he said he'd do the same for her and the best she could come up with was, "Hmm...I'll be you'd love that." She rested her head on his shoulder and with a thought in her head she asked, "So do you have a date for the Yule Ball yet?"

"Maybe," he chuckled. He kissed the top of her head. "Naw. I was thinking of asking this Hufflepuff," he mock cranned his neck toward that table, then wrapped his arm around her shoulders. Then he turned to her and grabbed her hand, pressed a hand to his heart and said, "Katalina Vanderhol, will you grace me with your beauty, your talent, your brains, to the Yule Ball?" His voice rose dramatically until he looked pained that she wouldn't accept, the corners of his mouth twitching.

Kat looked up and laughed at Sumner. "A Hufflepuff...really? I've kinda had my eye on this Slytherin, but I'm having second thoughts about that," she said nudging him just a little bit. A peaceful look come over her face when he took her hand and asked her to the Yule Ball. "I can't think of anyone I'd rather spend the evening with," Kat said as she kissed his cheek lightly.

Sumner hugged her close and snorted. "Slytherin my eye." He kissed her lips then got up from the bench. "C'mon. I'm sure we can get a good race uh run in before study time," he grinned, holding a hand out to her.

Kat smirked as she stood up on tipped toes and said, "Catch me if you can!" With that she gave him a quick peck on the lips and took off out of the Great Hall.

Sumner laughed and took off after her. She really was one of the best things that'd happened to him since coming to this new school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back