Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
undefined
Wand
Bloodwood 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Hello.
I was thinking. (oh-oh, here we go)
would it be an idea to shuffle some of the ministry departments around as some of them are not really used?
the one I am thinking about in particular is the department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures
It has always struck me as slightly odd that this department has only one subdepartment, Magical Creatures Regulation Office, which seems sort of pointless and adds a layer of bureaucracy for little gain. (i always thought it should be beast division and being division)
Especially with the addition of the wildlife sanctuary would it be possible to change it to something along the lines of the department for the protection and regulation of magical creatures. this shows similar ideals, and gives some form of custodians for the park, some form of park ranger position in the department.
I know that this would go slightly against cannon, but government departments names do change (our wildlife department has changed about three times in the last ten years, CALM > DEC > DPAW). and the canon list was made when very conservative (for want of a better term) crouch and Umbridge were in power. and it makes sense that as ideals change the agencies change to reflect them. I am sure once people looked at it there would be other departments that could be shuffled a little.

Hi Mia,

Thank you for your suggestion. The short answer is no to changing department names or functions, however. The Ministry on this site has battled with inactivity for a long time, but we do not believe it has anything to do with the department names or their functions. What you are asking on our end is a lot of work in deciding new forums, names, and responsibilities possibly, for the chance that it might improve activity in this space. But many of the departments have sub departments and divisions that already allow a lot of room for role-playing. Members simply haven't taken advantage to the degree that they can or asked us when they are unsure whether what they are thinking already fits into an existing department.

You mention the list being a result of Umbridge/Crouch, which I'm not sure is correct. I believe this list was based on Harry's visit to the Ministry. It is canon, and we likely won't ever make any drastic changes to department names themselves. I do encourage you to take a look at this post within the department you mention here to see a full listing of the divisions within the office, many of which perhaps, from time to time, would work closely with the Sanctuary. We've only created one subforum, but many other departments exist as you can see. One of them is even called the Being division, which you mentioned :p . All of them can be roleplayed in the main department.

If you're wanting your character to be working at the Sanctuary, there is inclusion of that space in the Ministry application. Similar to Daily Prophet and St. Mungo's staff, however, the app is included here for function of needing to find out grades and additional info about your character, not because it is affiliated with the Ministry, and is suited to magical zoologists and the like.

Cyndi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back