Midnight Snackage

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Taylor yawned, she knew it was late, about midnight perhaps? She had been trying to sleep for a few hours, but her hunger had prevented it. She had missed dinner after claiming she wasnt hungry and instantly regretted that foolish decision. It didnt matter now as she snuck into the kitchens. Not even the house elves were there.

Taylor glanced around quickly and then went for the fridge. Inside it she saw a big bowl of fruit salad. It reminded her of when she first met Viv down here. She picked it up and then grabbed some icecream out of the freezer. Placing them on the table in the center of the room, she grabbed a stool, a smaller bowl and a spoon. Scooping out some icecream and some fruit. Mmm how she loved midnight snackage.

Bailey sat in her dorm room tapping her foot lightly on the ground. For some reason she was tired even with the early risings that the classes took from her. Instead Bailey was bored. No one was up and actually this gryffindor couldn't blame them. "What can I do?" She wondered looking around her dorm seeing her dorm mates sleeping away. Finally this young girl decided to get up and wonder the school. Standing up this night she wore her red and pink flower pj bottoms with a black shirt. Her blonde hair was in two pig tails her her eyes were wide open as if sleep would never come.

Leaving the Gryffindor common room, Bailey walked about the corridors her wand in her pocket, even if it would be no help for her. Finally her feet lead her to the kitchens. "Why not get a drink of water at least?" she said to herself in a whisper as she entered the area. Expecting it to be empty she was a little surprised to see a girl sitting on a stool with a bowl in hand. Should I leave or talk Bailey wondered deciding without much thought to stay and talk. "Hello" she said simply. "Any clue as to where the cups are?" She asked right off the bat as she opened random cupboard not finding the glasses. Hopefully the girl knew or half the night would be spent digging.

Taylor jumped as someone entered, she thought perhaps she was going to get busted, but no it was just a student. Thankfully. The girl walked straight in as if Taylor wasnt there and asked if she knew where the cups were. Taylor placed down her spoon and pointed to the opposite end of the room from where the girl was looking. "Second cupboard from the left." She said simply, wondering why this girl was up. She looked about Taylor's age, probably a first year though as she didnt look older and Taylor had never seen her before.

Letting the girl go about her own things, Taylor picked up her spoon again and ate a mouthful of icecream. Before curiosity and a slight awkwardness creeping up on her, she placed an elbow on the table. "Whatcha doing up this late?" She enquired.

Bailey smiled as the girl pointed her in the direction of the cups. "Thanks" She said walking over and opening the cupboard finding a rather tall class. Closing the cupboard carefully, for she didnt' want to make way too much noise. That's all that Bailey needed was to get caught right then and there by a Professor.

Silently the girl walked over to the sink and turned the water on. Filling her cup up, she took a sip before turning her attention to the girl once more. "I couldn't sleep. I think I had way too much sugar for my own good" She added laughing a little bit. "What are you doing up at this hour?" Bailey wondered as she pulled a stool up by the girl and took a seat.

Scooping up some more of her fruit salad and icecream, Taylor was aware of the girl walking around the kitchen getting a glass of water. She let out a small laugh at the girls reason for being down here, before she answered her question. "Couldnt sleep either, I missed Dinner, so I'm starving." She admitted, taking another mouthful. While the girl was sitting there, Taylor thought it might be a good idea to introduce herself. "Im Taylor Mercer. Second Year Gryffindor." She smiled, for some reason, when introducing herself to another person, Taylor thought it neccessary to explain her house and age. It seemed to signify who you were at this school and where your place was.

Bailey leaned over slightly to see what the girl was eating. Knowing that she couldnt' stand to eat any more sugar, she leaned over on her own stool once more. "yeah I know stupid reason for being up" Bailey smiled at this. It was something that she would do, well obviously it was for she had done it. "Ouch missed dinner" Bailey added shaking her head. Never could this young Gryffindor skipped a meal. She was too hungry all the time to even think about skipping a meal.

Taking another sip of her water, she listened to the older girl introduce herself. "Nice to meet you Taylor" She said placing her cup on the counter top next to her. "I'm Bailey Addison. First Year Gryffindor" She explained happily glad that she had met someone in the same house even if Taylor happened to be a year older than her. Really a year wasn't a big difference.

"I'm surprised I haven't seen you in the common room. I swear I've spent all week in there" Bailey said letting out a small laugh knowing that spending all the time in the Gryffindor common room would not last past this week. The castle was too big and there were too many things to see for that.

Taylor smiled and nodded when Bailey said nice to meet you. "Likewise." She said in return, eating a bit more of her fruit salad. Bailey Addison. The name sounded famil- Toni! Taylor realised. She turned to Bailey and asked. "Are you related to Toni Addison?" She asked, Taylor admitted it would be funny if she was. Toni was a Slytherin all the way, whereas this girl seemed to fit the Gryffindor criteria perfectly.

"I dont spend much time in the common room these days." She admitted with a shrug, finishing the last of her icecream, before placing her spoon in the bowl and standing to put things away. "You enjoying classes?" Taylor asked. This was the only first year Taylor had spoken to this year and she was finding her okay to talk to.

Bailey reached over at the counter and grabbed her cup once more. I'd like some butterbeer really but then I'd never get to bed She thought to herself taking a sip of her water. Though she was surprised that Taylor mentioned Toni. Hopefully Toni wasn't too well known. If so Bailey might just have trouble breaking out of her sister's shadow. It was hard enough being a triplet and trying to be a single person nonetheless having an older sister as well.

"Yeah Toni's my older sister" Bailey said shrugging. "I take it you know her" Bailey paused as she took a sip of water. "Don't hold what you know of her against me though" She continued a small smile on her face though really Bailey was completely serious about it. She was nothing like Toni and didn't want people to think that.

Bailey watched as Taylor finished her ice cream and began to put things away. "Classes are ok. I like some better than others of course. Mostly they are all introductionary lessons this week so sort of boring if you know what I mean" Bailey said hoping she wasn't babbling

"Ah." The soft voice murmured, it's owner no where in sight as it echoed and bounced across the old-fashioned kitchen walls, creating some sort of illusionary sound. "Apparently I wasn't the one who had the idea of coming down for a bite." A tall boy, slightly muscled, stepped out of the dimly lit corner of darkness that hid his presence. He wasn't dressed in the usual school clothes; instead, he wore travelling equipment, boots, winter cloak, and all. His pale skin bathed in the moonlight, casting a keen glow over his skin that seemed to make him appear luminiscent. He appeared to drift forward like a wraith, his eyes cowled by the shadows, an apparently warm smile upon his face. "Hullo." He greeted amiably, nodding towards the two girls politely as he reached for an apple sitting above a pile of it's kin in a basket and spun it on his finger before grasping hold of it.

Bailey hadn't expected any other visitors this night. In the back of her mind she was slightly worried about getting caught by a Professor, though her outward appearance showed nothing of this slight fear. Yet at the sound of another person, Bailey turned towards the door seeing a boy, an older boy.

"Hey" Bailey said finding the boy slightly curious. Was it his air or the clothes he was wearing? Either way or maybe it was something else entirely, her curiousity seemed to focus on him. "Nice trick" She said simply as she watched the older boy spin the apple on his finger. Of course this Gryffindor would try that small trick when she was alone, not here though. A few apples it would take for her to manage the task, if she could at all.

"I'm Bailey" She said deciding that introductions were needed. Except this time she learned not to use her last name. For this school education, Bailey wasn't sure she wanted to be a known relative to the rest of the Addisons at this school.

"Henric." Henric offered, "Or you can call me Lee, whichever you prefer." His tone seemed otherwise friendly and neutral, and his smile was very touching, but every way he moved and motioned was suspiciously guarded; that, and the odd fact that he spoke like he was from another century. He took a bite of the apple, chewing on it thoughtfully, then cast a side glance at the girl as she mentioned her name. "A pleasure to meet you Bailey. You look like someone I know." He replied, keen eyes surveying her appearance and then flickering his pale orbs away from her. He reached for another apple from the basket, spinning it in his grasp till it tilted on his index finger, precariously balanced. "Apple?" Henric offered.

Bailey thought about the boy's offered names. Which name did he look like a Henric or a Lee. "I like Lee but that is a rather common name. Henric will work" She said a smile clearly on her face as it normally was. Overall Bailey was just a happy person.

Looking away from the boy named Henric, Bailey looked over at Taylor. Both Taylor and Henric seemed about the same age. Yet Bailey was awful at guessing ages. Bringing her gaze back to the glass in her hand, she took a small sip. With every sip of water she had a craving for something more filling, something with more taste. Though the desire for some sleep tonight was stronger yet only slightly.

"Nice to meet you as well" Bailey said ignoring a comment that she looked like someone he knew. Who could he possibly know. Skye or Madison would probably be the best guess for they all looked almost exactly alike. Then there was Toni in which Bailey had the resemblence of her of course.

This Gryffindor seemed to not be able to keep her eyes off the others in the room for long. Instead she brought her eyes back up to the boy who was once again spinning an owl around on his finger soon putting it into a balancing act.

"Um.." Bailey said not quite sure what to say. Of course she knew the answers to the questions yes or no would work, but she wasn't sure which answer she would say as well as for a moment she was caught off by the boy. "No thank you." She said finally running her hand through her hair staring back down at the glass in her hand.

"As you will." Replied the boy, clasping his fingers over the second apple and flicking it into the basket. "Ah, hello Mercer." He greeted politely, taking another bite of his apple as he reached up and ruffled his hair slightly to get the water out of it. He had arrived at school late, and not by the Express. In fact, he had reached school late in a most unpleasant way that required lots of travel. And he missed the feast. Which was why he was down here.

Taylor laughed a little when Bailey admitted that Toni was her older sister and that Taylor shouldnt hold anything about Toni against Bailey. "No thats okay. It took a while, but me and Toni are friends now." She said, successfully putting all her stuff away and then returning to the same seat. Taylor knew she shouldnt judge people simply by their siblings. Taylor and her sister couldnt be more different in almost every single way exept blood.

Taylor then heard a voice and looked around, not knowing where it had come from. It was then that Henric appeared, Taylor gave him a small smile as he grasped an apple. She sat quietly while Bailey and Henric went through introductions, that is until Henric addressed her. "Hello Henric, have a good holiday?" She enquired poiltely.

"No." He said simply. His voice switched for a moment when he uttered that word, from undisputably kind and charming to cold and grave. Apparently, he noticed his flaw, for he immediately corrected himself with the next few words. "Family matters. Nothing that wasn't settled. The school is always nice to be back in." He flashed Taylor a brief smile as he finished the apple, twirling it up to the tip of his finger and flicking it in the bin neatly. "How was yours?" He asked politely.

Taylor frowned only a little, not really even noticably when Henric said he didnt have a nice break. Taylor nodded when he said family matters, she knew how that felt. "My holiday was good." She grinned, her mind instantly flicking to the beach and to Scorp and to the general events that took place.

Taylor glanced around, she suddenly thought over the situation. It was strange to find three people in the kitchens at this hour. Taylor had been down here before when she got hungry, but she had never met anyone else on her travels. She let out a small laugh regardless. It was a bit odd for all of them to be here at once.

Memories of his 'holiday' drifted around his head, and Henric was already frowning by the time his thoughts were interupted by laughter like the sound of a bird chirping away. Henric blinked as Taylor started laughing, making for the bread loaves in a basket and frowning sceptically at them before turning to Taylor and asking in his usual Victorian-century manner of speech, "What's making you laugh so?"

Bailey was glad that Taylor was not going to hold her relations against her, though it was a bit of a shock that the second year Gryffindor was a friend of Bailey's older sister. Instead she listened to both Henric and Taylor speak to one other about their holidays. This young Gryffindor seemed to remain quiet as she crossed her legs as she sat upon the stool listening to the voices of the two older students.

Though when the girl named Taylor began to laugh to herself, she tilted her head to the side slightly running her hand through her long blonde hair awaiting the answer to the question that Henric had asked .Why was the older gryffindor laughing? Was it something Bailey said? no Bailey hadn't said anything recently. Was it how quiet she was being? Now why would that be funny?

Taylor shook her head and her cheeks flushed slightly in embarassment, she hadnt realised she had laughed that loud. "Its just a bit odd that there is three people down here at midnight." She shrugged, "Thought it was rather strange." She mumbled after, although saying it outside it seemed a little stupid.

Taylor stood and collected a glass from the place Taylor had directed Bailey to. She then got a water for herself. She took a seat again and drank a sip.

"True. Well I better get to the Dorms." Henric replied, throwing his cowl over his head and fully obscuring his features once more. A ghost of a smile touched his lips as he bowed his head, mockingly or not, no one was unable to tell. "Nice seeing you both this late. Thought I'd be alone for hte most part." With that enigmatic note, he turned and seemed to drift away from the Kitchens, cloak slithering along the ground until he vanished into the dimly lit environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back