Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Saveli <3
Wand
Straight 10 1/2 Inch Whippy Cypress Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
The sky was a bitter sheet of blue, and there was a definite chill in the air that warned the castle winter was on its way. Reuben rubbed his palms together and breathed into them for warmth. Of all the stupid ideas he'd ever had, this one had to take the cake. Where they hung in the icy water, the Hufflepuff's feet had lost all their feeling. Still, what he lacked in brains, he made up for in persistent determination. Rumour had it the Hogwarts lake was occupied by mermaids, and Reuben wasn't going to leave until he'd seen one.

"SHAAAAAAAARK!" yelled Reuben suddenly, his shriek bouncing across the murky lake. He scrabbled up the grassy bank and attempted to stand, but his numb feet slid from underneath him and sent him toppling face first to the muddy ground.

Stellan routinely danced in the castle, but she'd been having such bad luck with people trying to make her fall down and hurt herself lately that she had inevitably decided that it was time for a change. Though there was a chill in the air, something Stellan was quite used to, she headed out onto the grounds and down towards the lake. Leg warmers and a flowy green skirt with a sweater identified her house. She was about to start her dancing when the sound of someone yelling shark alerted her. Stellan spun around and saw a boy scrambling up the bank before face planting into the muddy ground. Stellan ran to him, limping slightly due to the slight twinge in her no longer swollen ankle.

"Oh my goodness!" She kneeled beside him, careful not to get her legs covered in mud. "Are you okay! Do you need help? Where's the shark?" She looked out over the horizon, but could see no evidence of any fins.

Reuben grimaced first at the state of his trousers, and shortly after the sound of a girl's voice. That would teach him to yell so loudly. He climbed up wearily without assistance, his frozen toes sinking into the mud. It was only when the Slytherin (he couldn't put a name to her face) mentioned it that he even remembered what he'd been shouting about. "I'm fine," he said indignantly, turning back to the lake and taking a few squelchy steps towards the edge to peer into the depths below. There was nothing there. Not even a brief glint of a passing silver fin. Reuben scowled and straightened up. "I swear I saw a shark," he pointed to the spot he'd seen the movement and continued with a little exaggeration to justify his girlish scream, "right there! It swam right up and nearly bit my whole leg off! I'm lucky to be alive. It's a good job I've got such impressive reflexes, really."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back