Meeting up

Harriet Turner

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Harri wondered into the library, her emotions were torn at the moment. Part of her was wondering about Kevin, this was the sad part that threatened to errupt at any moment. But right now she was smiling, who wouldn't be? She had just found out she had a gorgeous new baby cousin, Luke. Another boy! She seemed to be surrounded by males at home, but she didn't mind, they were all far to special to her.
She found a secluded place, away from the preying eyes on the librarian and the rest of the pupils and sat down thinking, everytime she thought about Luke, Kevin seemed to pop into her head, she sat down and rested her head against the back of the chair, eyes closed and her mind fighting between happy images of Luke, James and her dad and hard times between herself and Kevin.

Zazuka was humming 'such great hights' as she came into the library. Her arms where full of notes and memories of Andrew and thier study sessions here which had not all ended with studying. A slight blush came on to her cheeks as she looked thought the books on the shelves. It was getting close to exam times and she would be damned if she let herself get another O=8 again. Zazuka's mind went from Andrew to Andy and who they where going to get her home. Zazuka was working on the incrypted letter that she was going to send and was waiting for Kat to give word from her Drumstrang friend.

Incrytion from the many code books she had read was running though her head when she spotted Harri. It was curiose how they always seemed to meet up in the library. Zazuka smiled to herself and made her way to where Harri was sitting. "Back again Harri?" She said with a bright smile on her face. Zazuka sat down and placed her books and notes on the table.

Harri's eyes shot open as she heard her name, she looked around before seeing Zuka, "Ahh just the girl I wanted to see!" she said grinning and jumping off her chair to give her friend a hug. "I haven't seen you in ages! How've you been?" she asked, walking back to her table to sit down and pulling out a chair for Zuka.

Zazuka hugged Harri back and sighed. "Could be better. This Andy being mistreated at Drumstrang is still getting me down." She said with a little sadness in her voice. "On the bright side I've been spending a lot of time with Andrew." She said her smiled returing full force. "How about you what new with you?" She asked brightly. "How is Jasper?" She asked as a last question.

Harri nodded, "yeah, it's really bad," she said sadly "I hope shes not too sad there," she added. "Oh yeah, still going strong?" she asked grinning and nudging her. "Well, I have a new baby cousin!" she said grinning, "He's called Luke and he's lovely!" she said happily, pushing thoughts of Kevin to the back of her mind.

Zazuka nodded. "Of course did you expect it to fall apart so soon?" Anyway Brian is not to happy with me seeing a Slytherin but I am trying to say his friend." She said sighing. "Babies are always lovely. Luke has be even more so. I would like to see a picture of him if you have one." She said with a bright smile. Zazuka loved little kids and they seemed to like her back.

"No of course not!" Harri said poking her toungue out, "Ahh he's getting jealous ehh?" she said laughing "Well he had his chance," she said shrugging. "Sure," she said grinning and puled a photo out of her pocket, unfolding it and smoothing it out as she handed it over
baby.jpg

"Gorgeous isn't he?" she said proudly.

Zazuka looked at the picture and smiled. "Awww he's so cute. Really a preciose child." She said with a bright smile. "I don't think he's jealous, really Brian sees me as a sister and I see him as a brother really. What my brothers should have been like." She said biting her lip. She hated that her own brothers couldn't see her with any kindness at all.

Harri grinned,she was proud as can be of her little cousin, she took back the picture and put it in her pocket where she had carried it since she recieved it. "You never know..." she said grinning. "Do you miss your brothers?" she asked,

Zazuka sighed. "More than I would like to miss then though they did think of me as a punching bag. I guess I miss seeing them more than anything." She said thoughtfuly. How to explain it. "I know that Brian sees me as a sibling. Do not even go there." She said indefetly and stuck her tongue out at Harri to show she was jokeing.

"Thats terrible!" Harri said, her brow furrowed, "Did they hurt you alot?" she asked softly. "Ahh I guess so," she said putting her arms in the air in a submissive away as Zuka stuck her toungue out, though grinning the whole time.

Zazuka shugged. "No not a whole lot because I made it a point to stay out of thier way most of the time but yeah they did like to throw stones at me when ever they got the chance." She said talking as of this where normal. It had been for her. Zazuka smiled at the way Harri put her hands up into the air.

Harri hardely managed to supress a gasp, "Thats awful Zuka, really bad," she said sadly, "Were they never nice to you?" shhe asked.

Zazuka shook her head. "Not that I can remember. They learned to not like me from my father I guess. I haven't seen them in two years now and I guess they don't miss me all that much." She said acting as if she didn't care. Really why should she care, they didn't care for her.

Harri sighed shaking her head, "Thats really horrible." she said, "Maybe you should write them, they might miss you?!" she suggested.

Zazuka looked down. "I did twice on the holidays. Nothing, not even a note saying 'get lost'" She said shaking her head. It really shouldn't matter this much to her but here it was.

"Are you being serious?" Harri said outraged, "If I ever meet them..." she trailed off steam practically billowing out of her ears. "I'll have to let you meet my Tommy, he's my cousin but feels more like my brother," she said grinning, "He'll look out for you," she said laughing, "Think of him like... the big brother you should of had," she said laughing. She missed Tommy now she was talking about him, he had lived with them since she was 4 and she thought of him more as her brother.

Zazuka shugged. "Hey I guess it will get better over time I guess. I would love to meet you cousen. Tommy Turner. That's cute kinda cute you know." She said with a wide smile. She could imagen what Harri's cousen would be like. Zazuka sighed, it really was better that she was away from home now.

Harri laughed, "I hope your not attempting to 'hit' on him Zuka, put that book I got you for christmas to good use," she joked, nudging Zuka playfully, "You have to come visit in the holidays!" she said grinning.

Zazuka laughed. "I am not giving up Andrew for anyone. I'll have to see if Kailey's mom will let me." She said laughing into her hand. "I don't have to use that book you gave though it is a funny read. I love it." She added remembering what she had read in the book. It was fun but she doubted she would be able to do things like that.

Harri laughed "good," she said grinning,"Do you think she will?" she asked. "So whats it like dating a Slytherin," she said, the last word said with undelibarate distaste.

Zazuka nodded. "Well Mrs. Paramore is cool so I think she will let me." Zazuka said brightly. She noticed the note of hostility in Harri's voice but Zazuka let it go a bit. "Dating Andrew is great. He's really sweet and he listens to me even though I rarely make any sense at all and get exsited over the sillyet things. Andrew even thinks that the bubbles I can make with my wand are cool." She said. Zazuka added pressure to Andrew's name to make it clear that Andrew was more than a Slytherin to her.

"Good," Harri said grinning. "Right yeah sorry, Andrew," she said attempting to be serious though the laugh in her voice was evident. "Aww thats great!" she said "But the bubbles thing, really is cool!" she said happily, she remembered the first time Zuka had showed her that and a small smile appeared on her lips.
"So are you spending every minute possible together?" she asked laughing.

Zazuka laughed. "Not every minute of everyday but we do spend alot of time together. The only thing is I still wish Andy where here to share in my joy. I really miss her even more so now that I know what she's going though." She said with a small sigh on her lips. Thinking of Andy hurt a little but she was trying not show just how much. "And I am tring to make Brian feel better about the whole thing I mean I don't want him to stop being my friend over this." She said biting her lip.

Harri nodded and put a comforting hand on Zuka's shoulder, "I know, I miss her too. Though I imagine you miss her a hundred times more," she said quietly, "Are you still writing to her?" she asked, taking back her hand.
"Why whats wrong with Brian?" she asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back