Meeting up with a friend

Lisa Boatwood

Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
Lisa was sitting by a windowsill in the Seventh Floor Corridor. Her friend Taylor had been Sorted into Gryffindor, and she knew that their Common Room was on this floor; though where, she did not know.

It had been only a few days since she had seen Taylor, and yet Lisa half-missed her; she had hoped they would be in the same House, but Lisa was not destined for Gryffindor, and Taylor was a very outgoing person. It was inevitable.

Sighing, Lisa sat on her sill, and waited.

Taylor bounced along the corridor, looking out for her blonde friend. She had hoped they would be put in the same houses but Lisa was smart and Taylor, well, she could be smart but she was definately slow when it came to understanding things.

Taylor spotted Lis sitting on a windowsill and crept along the wall so she wouldn't see her. She grabbed lisa's shoulders, hopng to make her jump but in no way would make her fall. "Saved your life." She laughed, happy that she could be happy again.

"Aah!" Lisa jumped as Taylor grabbed her by the shoulders. "Don't do that!" she squealed, pushing away her friend's hands and hugging her. "You nearly gave me a heart attack," she laughed.

"I can't believe we're first years!" Lisa said, gazing around her. So many things to see and do...she would explore the whole place once she got the oppurtunity.

"Sorry." Taylor apologised but he stil had the grin plastered on her face. "I know, I feel so, I don't know the word." She span in a circle and bounced back over to her friend. "Congrats on getting Ravenclaw by the way, I know you wanted. Made any smarty friends yet?" Taylor sat next to Lisa and waited for her friend to reply.

"Smarty friends?" Lisa half-laughed, glad that she was with her friend again. "Not especially. We're only getting to know one another at the moment." Lisa knew she would find friends amongst the Ravenclaws soon, but it was hard when all the friends she made over the last few months were in different Houses to her. "I didn't have the pleasure of meeting most of them over the holidays. What about you?" Lisa asked, "Any recklessly brave friends yet?"

Taylor laughed at the adjective use for Gryffendors. "Yep! There's Immy and, and, that's it. But I have other friends too, in huffleypuffly and smarty pants place like you." She poked her tongue out at Lisa and laughed. "Jessi is in Ravenclaw with you, and a girl I met called Scarlette."

"Jessi?" Lisa had met no such girl. She shrugged it off; she would meet all of the Ravenclaws in time - hopefully. "I'm afraid I haven't had the pleasure of meeting her yet." She laughed; she sounded like a posh idiot. "Any run-ins with Brodie yet?" she asked.

Taylor laughed. "Jessi's a boy." She giggled, she hoped he was a boy, it would be awkward between them if he wasn't. She shook her head. "Not yet, I've been thinking though, maybe we shouldn't go around saying we're Slytherin Busters. I've seen the size of the older students and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't hesitate in killing us for just the name."

"Yeah, ever since we talked to Dannii, I've been thinking the same thing..." Lisa broke off. It really was a stupid name, the more she thought about it. "Let's drop it. I have no intention of being cursed by big mean Slytherins." She shuddered; "big mean Slytherins" brought her Death Eater attack into her mind. She had never told anyone about that.

Taylor smiled. "Same here, I also get the feeling that Brodie and Aleyha and all that will think we are stupid enough to use the name, I wanna see their faces when we don't." As she looked at her friend she noticed something wrong. "What's up?"

Lisa snapped out of her reverie, realising that Taylor had noticed that something was wrong. "Oh, it's nothing," she said, back to her airy and smiley self. "Just thinking about how big some of the older Slytherins are. Especially compared to me!" She laughed; her small stature was one of the things that made her stand out.

Taylor nodded. "They are huge aren't they. I swear I walked past one boy and he was like, seven foot tall or something like that, I only came up to the bottome of his chest. I don't wanna annoy one of those boys I'll give you that." It seemed to Taylor that everyone in the school was taller than them, it kind of annoyed her but she wouldn't show it, they scared her quite a bit.

"There's this second-year in my House," Lisa said, remembering, "And she's tiny. She's this height - " Lisa indicated an area just above her shoulder - "honestly!" She didn't mention how she first met the girl - being kicked out of her dorm room.

Taylor giggled. "I saw this girl, I think she's in your house in our year. She's titchy and so sweet. She has these huge glasses with plaits and freckles and she was holding a relly big book. It was so cute to watch." Taylor giggled at the memory, she had just stopped and watched this girl walk and read at the same time as she went past.

"The school has a fair share of short people," Lisa laughed; she had never really been self-consious about her height. Other things, certainly, but never her height. She flicked a blonde lock over her shoulder and smiled.

"That we do." Taylor giggled. She hopped up onto the windowsill that Lisa had been on. Looking out the windowm, the brunette gasped. "It's so beautiful in this place." She felt mesmerized by the veiw of the lake and gardens.

"I know," Lisa agreed, joining Taylor on the windowsill, gazing out on the magnificent grounds. "I have a fantastic view from the window in my dorm," she said; she chose the bed for that specific reason. "You can see the lake and the mountains from there. Hey," Lisa turned to her friend. "How about we go down there? Into the grounds?"

She hoped Taylor would agree

Taylor nodded her head enthusiastically. "Yeah! That's a great idea Lis." She didn't think as she shortened Lisa's name, didn't even realise she had done it. Tay looked out the window once more before hopping off the window sill and waiting for Lisa to join her.

(Do you wanna continue this somewhere in the grounds then?)

(Yeah, that'd be cool. Could you start it?)

"Let's go!" Lisa leapt off the windowsill, a little surprised at the shortening of her name, but liking it; it felt right, somehow. She joined Taylor as they walked down to the grounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back