Meeting the Step-Mother

Austin Zhefarovich

Wand
Knotted 14 1/2" Rigid Cherry Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Austin walked beside Aleyha with Prodan up to their home. Austin was rather excited about meeting his new step-mother, but couldn't help but feel nervous about it. After all, Austin was his mother's child. He had no idea what sort of person she was, and he did not know the full story of anything. Austin bit his lip, and entered the home, putting his bag on the floor, and he chimed, "Glad to be home." Austin chuckled and went straight to the living room, where Prodan instructed them to go to once they got home.

Prodan only hoped that his kids would love Cecily as much as he did - but not in the ways as Prodan loves her. He stepped behind Austin and Aleyha, and held the door open for her as she stepped in as well. Prodan waved his wand and the luggage went upstairs to their bedrooms. Prodan beamed, happiness filling his every pore. He couldn't wait for Cecily to come and meet the family as a whole. Prodan called out, "Cecily, where are you? We are home!"

Aleyha grumbled under her breath in Parseltongue, hating today already. Hatred - not happiness like Prodan - filled her veins and her heart. She wanted that witch dead, or harmed so much, that baby would die and maybe Prodan would get a divorce. The wheels in her head started to turn. She stepped in, and took a seat on the couch next to her brother. She crossed her arms over her chest, and she huffed. Oh how she hated the Headmistress. So much, so much... Aleyha waited, with a cool expression on her face. No one was suspecting her plans yet.

Cecily's raised her head from the reindeer cookie cutter as Prodan called out her name. Her heart jumped in her chest. Oh how she loved that man, her awesome husband. Christmas was such a special time for her, the house was decorated with beautiful green garland and mistletoe. A big beautiful traditionally decorated tree stood in front of the large window in the living room. She'd put old ornaments and new on it, picking one each for her new children. All three of them. She knew that she and Aleyha would need time, but she was determined to become her friend. They were Prodan's beautiful children, no longer just students at her school.

"Coming love!" she called out happily, untying the half apron and slinging it on the counter top. She unknowingly had a smudge of white flower on her cheek, her hair loose around her shoulders, her dress not hiding the fact she was pregnant at all. Coming into the living room, she smiled at Prodan, going to him and kissing his cheek. "You're brought them!" Excitedly she turned to them. "Merry Christmas, you two!" Going to each of them, easily as they were both sitting on the couch, she pressed a quick, welcoming kiss to both of their cheeks before moving back to stand with Prodan, sliding her arm around his waist and beaming up at him. This was her favorite holiday and she was so happy to spend it with her new family.

Cecily? thought the young Ravenclaw. However, his green eyes widened at the sight of the Headmistress herself. Dad was married to her?! Austin's mouth dropped in horror. He knew that his dad was married, and to a Cecily, but this one? Austin didn't mind, but it was still disturbing. He gave her an odd stare, she was pregnant too? Austin thought that this was too much to handle at once. He breathed heavily, and he frowned, "Um, Merry Christmas?" His tone was questioning, and though he and his family celebrated it while Dorothee was alive, it was just odd to have it celebrated again. Austin gulped, "Um, I don't know what to call you, ma'am..."

Prodan gave a kiss to Cecily on the cheek, and he beamed down at her. "You did a great job on decorating the place. I don't know what half this stuff is, but I love it, just like I love you." Prodan laughed at his son, and he said, "Just call her, 'Cecily' but remember that this is only for the home. At school, she is still the headmistress." Prodan rubbed Cecily's side, but he kept his silver eyes on Aleyha. Her reaction definitely won't be a good one. Prodan was just waiting for her to just explode, but she would have to get over it soon enough. They were a family now.

Aleyha sneered in disgust at the scene before her. She hated Christmas, and it was for a damn good reason too. However, seeing Prodan and Cecily like this just made Aleyha want to throw up. She gnarled, "I think I am going to be sick." Aleyha stood up, and stomped out of the room. She stormed up the stairs, and slammed the door to her room. She could not take looking at that scene any longer than she had to. It was just revolting.

Cecily smiled at Austin. He wasn't a trouble maker at all at school so sadly she didn't get to see much of the young boy yet. "Yes, Cecily is fine, Austin." She dearly wanted to nudge her husband for forgetting to tell the poor boy just who his new step mum was. She turned her head again as Aleyha made her scene and disappeared upstairs. Sighing, she knew it wouldn't be an instant thing. "Why don't you boys open these," she summoned the gifts from the trees, handing one to each of them. Austin's was a long rectangular wrapped box, containing a beautifully polished sapphire streak.

Smiling at them, her hand lingered on Prodan's before she went up the stairs to give Aleyha her gift. Knocking on the bedroom door, she stood close to it. "Aleyha?" she called through it, then entered. Hesitantly she began. "Look, I know this will take time to get used to. But you must know, I love your father. And I want to get to know you," she smiled slightly, "and your brother." She sighed, "I know I can't replace your mother and I wouldn't dare ask to. But maybe we could be friends?" She handed her the gift. "Come down when you're ready," she said gently.

She was at the top of the stairs when her hand brushed her side and she realized she'd forgotten the smaller gift for Aleyha. Stopping though, she sighed and used a moment to wearily pass a hand over her face.

Austin gave a weak smile to Cecily. He already started to like her but he was feeling bad that he didn't get her anything. He frowned when Aleyha made her scene, and he shrugged. Once he received his present, he opened it slowly, but what he was looking at was incredible. His fingers traced along the handle of the streak, and Austin bit his lip. Prodan gave a hug to his son, and Austin chuckled, "All I have to do is learn how to ride it without killing myself." Prodan and Austin laughed, and Austin waited for Cecily to come down the stairs to thank Cecily personally.

Aleyha remembered her past Christmas's all too well. Dorothee never got her anything good enough, while Austin got all the best presents. Aleyha was lucky enough to receive something better than coal. She sat on her bed, Fenrir curled in front of her. She heard the knock on the door, and Aleyha grimaced. She didn't want Cecily in here, but alas, she said nothing and the pregnant cow came in. Aleyha did not spare the woman a glance, and her words meant nothing to the Parselmouth. Aleyha waited for Cecily to leave her room before she muttered curses in her gifted language. Anger brought back flashbacks, and Aleyha sneered. Jumping off her bed, she silently opened her door and saw Cecily from where she was standing. Aleyha took one glance at the gift, and ignored it. The best present is coming, and Aleyha was taking it. Now. Running quickly to Cecily, she put her hands on her back and gave a mighty shove.

"Burn in hell, b*tch!" shrieked Aleyha, hoping that this would scar Cecily for life, and even kill that brat inside her.

Cecily didn't have time to scream. It all happened so fast, one moment she was at the top of the stairs, the next she was hurtling through the air with a startled gasp. No. No. The first contact jarred her body, the second knocked the breath from her lungs. Cecily could not recall anything else as she tumbled down the stairs, unable to do anything but wrap her arms around her belly, trying even in an impossible situation to protect her baby. She was knocked cold, blood seeping from her temple and the corner of her mouth when she reached the bottom landing. She lay there like a broken doll, one leg bent unnaturally, white blonde hair fanned around her.

Thumps and a shout made the nightmare come alive. Prodan jumped off the couch, and he skid to a stop when he saw Cecily in the worst shape of his life. Prodan bent down, his hand caressed Cecily's cheek. Tears rolled down his cheeks uncontrollably, He feared for Cecily's life, and for the life of their child. He glanced up, and saw Aleyha, but it wasn't what he saw... She did not look innocent at all, but like a maniac, or more so like his father. Prodan felt that once in his life, he was scared of his daughter. Prodan was glad for Austin's help, and he said, "I'll come back for you... I need to get her help, now." Prodan lifted Cecily into his arms, and apparated to St. Mungos.

Austin bounded off the couch at the same time as Prodan, and it was horrid, the scene. Prodan had Cecily under control - hopefully. Austin went up the stairs, and he grabbed Aleyha from behind, by the upperarms. Austin was horrified at her behavior. She was spitting in Parseltongue, her red eyes flaming like mad. Austin nodded at his father, and he wondered if there was any possible way that Austin was even closely related to Aleyha. Austin closed his eyes, and only hoped that his strength could hold Aleyha back enough so she wouldn't continue what she started. Luckily, Austin knew the weakness behind Aleyha, but it didn't stop her from behaving like a lunatic.

Nightmare for Christmas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back