Meeting of Opposites

Alfie Martins

OOC First Name
Robyn
Wand
Mahogany Wand 14" Essence of Unicorn Hair
Alfie sat on a wall kicking his rugby ball around. He had his new guitar. He was tuning it and had a look of concentration across his face. He was muttering under his breathe too. It would be nice if they didn't go out until i got back. Now I'm locked out.

Megan was walking down the street. She had a book under her arm as usual, this time it was The living planet by David Attenborough. As she wlked she heard somebody mumbling about being locked out. She turned and faced them, pushing her glasses up her nose. When she saw who it was she froze. It was a boy. Megan didn't do well around boys, she got very nervous. "Better than being locked in. Did you know if you are locked in a sealed room, you will die of carbon dioxide poisoning before your brain starves from oxygen deprivation?" She got really nervous around boys.

Alfie heard an unfamiliar voice that seemed to be talking to him. He looked up and saw a little girl. "I'm sorry can you say that again. I didn't understand a word of that? I'm Alfie by the way." He said putting his guitar down against the wall.

"I, um, It, it doesn't matter. Just ramblings." Megs bit her lip, hard, that way she couldn't say anything else stupid. She stood awkwardly, her feet tapping the ground and her fingers brushing the cover of her book.

"Right. You can sit down if you want. What's your name?" He asked slightly taken aback by the little girl.

Megan didn't sit, if anything she stood even more rigid. "My names Megan. It means Mighty in Greek, Strong abled in Gaelic and Pearl in Welsh which I find slightly amusing because I am not Strong Abled or Mighty and I am definatley not a pearl. Coincidentley the name Alfie, similar to Alfred, means wise councel in old english." She realised she was rambling again and stopped, her squeaky voice dissapearing to leave a strange silence hanging in the air, her foot still tapping and her thumb still tapping her book in time with each other.

Alfie chuckled softly "Well I'm definitely not wise." He smiled. "You know you say your not strong abled, mighty or a pearl but i reckon your more like all of those things than you think." He looked at the small little girl. "Even if your not any of those things you are a clever girl and you have a pretty name." Alfie added

Megan cocked her head slightly. She had rambled twice and he was being even nicer to her. Was he a mentalist. "Are you a mentalist?" Her eyes opened as wide as they could and she even dropped her book as her hands flew towards her mouth. Megs was frozen, not even able to apologise.

"Um..that was random but no I am not a mentalist." He picked up her book off the floor and handed it back to her. "There you go" He smiled

Megan looked down at the book. No-one had ever touched the book she was reading at that point in time before. "You're, You're touching my." She looked up at Alfie, properly in the eye, not even a teeny bit nervous. "You're touching my book."

"I'm sorry I was just trying to help." He said slightly hurt by the little girls statement.

Megan tried to steady her breathing but it wasn't working. That book was her favourite. "It's..Okay...You...Didn't..Know" She spoke inbetween her heavy breathing. "Could..you..please..say.. a..fact..you..know..please?" She decided she would explan why afterwards, her eyes told him to speak as quickly as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back