Meeting new people.

Megan Vine

Megan was back in her favourite place of school. She had promised her mum, and herself, that this year she would be more sociable. However, old habit are hard to drop. She had decided to start making friends tomorrow, have a bit of book time today.

Megan was sitting near the middle, not the back this year, with the fairytale book she had fond last year. The book facinated her, what peoples inspirations for them were and the little messages hidden inside the stories. She grinned as she flicked to the next page, onto her favourite story. Rumplestiltskin.

Before she stared reading she look up and around the library, at least, the bit she could see around the bookshelves. There were a couple of people here but most of the school was out making the most of their time off before lessons started. There as a couple in the back, she didn't want to know what they were doing, a study group of around four friends near the front and a few lone people dotted around. One boy looked up as she was looking at him. Megan waved a tin wave and went back to her book, her cheeks tinted pink.

Darl was at the library again, reading a few books while standing near a book case, he looked up from his book when he felt that someone is watching him. And he was right, a cute girl was looking at him and gave him a wave. He smiled butt he girl turned around quickly, shy Darl thought to himself.

He decided to go at the girl and maybe they can share a table. When he was near her, Darl greeted the girl. "Hello, could i share the table with you?" He asked politely, smiling. Definitely the girl is cute.

Megan looked up again, to see the boy had gone from his seat. It was strange for her, she felt dissapointed he'd left. Just as she turned back to her book she heard a voice next to her, it was the boy. Her cheeks went pinker and she nodded. "Sure." She smiled and tucked her newly cut hair behind her ears.

She moved over slightly so he could sit down, moving the book with her of course. "I'm Megan." There was no hint of a stutter like last year, she had become way more confident over the holidays.

Darl sat beside the girl who introduce herself as Megan, "Nice name, I'm Darl." Darl said and smiled, "You love books, too? .. I always love books, but my cousin said it can eat your brain. Me, of course didn't believe it." He chuckled a little, he continued on reading his own book that his other cousin had bought for him.

Megan blushed even more when he said it was a nice name. "Thanks. nice to meet you." She giggled at the eat your brains thing. "I love books, they are amazing. They're to nice to eat your brains." She grinned shyly at him and went back to her own book, not before eying his one. She turned the page, turning onto the cinderella story.

Darl chuckled, "That's what I'm trying to say to my cousin, she hates book and everything that occur to reading." He told Megan, still not looking at her. Megan was very pretty even thou, she has glasses she still looks pretty. "I'm pretty sure that you know Ally Crysin, my pathetic cousin in Slytherin." Darl shook his head slightly and looked at Megan, smiling.

Megan racked her brain for the name Ally Crysin but she came up with a blank. "Sorry, I don't know many people here." She smiled shyly and shrugged. The boy really was quite cute in her opinion, not that she knew much about boys. "What're you reading?" She figured this would be a safe topic, over the holidays she had learnt to find safe topics to make conversations easier.

He chuckled again, her smile was kinda cute on his opinion it makes him feel alive. "I'm guessing that your very shy to know the world." Darl said shacking his head slightly and turned back to his book. Darl can see Sophia on Megan, Darl's ex-girlfriend whose a muggle; the glasses, the smile and even her cheeks. He got back on himself when Megan asked what is he reading, Darl responded "Its about Aliens, they are facinating for me."

Megan nodded, a blush creeping onto her cheeks. "I'm working on it though." She smiled at her progress so far, remembering herself last year. As a first year, Megan had blurted out a random fact whenever she got nervous and didn't understand why she shouldn't tell the truth to any question asked, it had created alot of awkward situations. Luckily she had met Andrew and he had helped her along. "Aliens are interesting." Megan leant over and looked at the book itself, her hair falling into his face.

Darl smiled when Megan said Aliens are interesting, like Sophia, she likes Aliens too because it fascinates her. It was then Megan lean over to see the book and her hair falling to his face, Darl sweep it away with his hand slowly. Not thinking what his doing, his starring at her, Megan was Angel that came from the skies of the library. She was the one.

Megan felt him move her hair, she smiled and jumped a little bit, her shy nature coming back for a second. "Oh, Sorry." She frowned t him in confusion, he was staring. She licked her lips, making sure there was no food stains. Next she looked behind her to see if something was happening out of the window, all there was was sky. "Why are you staring?"

Darl was back to earth when Megan jumped inches from him, "I'm sorry, my mind was out for minute there." He told her shaking his head slightly. "I'm just staring because I'm seeing Sophia on you ... She's my ex-girlfriend and she's a muggle." Darl closed his book slowly and sigh.

MEgan nodded, she still didn't quite understand the concept of girlfriend and boyfriend. "What was she like?" She wanted to know what people were like when they were going out. Maybe if Darl saw his ex in her he might like her, she decided not to think like that, knowing it wouldn't happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back