Meeting Mrs. Potter.

Ravyn Daniels

Wand
15 Inch Red Wood Pheonix Feather
Ravyn stood in the cool Autumn air waiting for someone, she wore a light coat and a dark scarf wrapped around her neck keeping both the lower part of her face and her ears warm against the cold wind that would blow at odd times. Kiera Potter was expecting to see her husband but unfortunately he was going to be late since his practice had ran over. Ravyn had been asked by James if she would be able to come see Kiera and let her know, this was fine for Ravyn since she had been wanting to meet with James' new wife and get to know her since she really hadn't had that much time to speak with her even though James was always talking about her. Ravyn looked up as the clouds passed by letting in a bit of sunlight to give a brief glimpse of warmth, it was hard to believe that it was getting warm up north just when it was getting cold here.

Ravyn thought about Jean Luc and began to wonder if she had made a mistake. She had been keeping it from James and Erica since she knew the two of them wouldn't understand, at least not without Ravyn having to go into detail. That was something she didn't have the strength for at the moment since she was in confusion about it herself at times. Ravyn looked at her hand thinking about the engagement ring that would've been there had she not broken up with him the moment he proposed. Ravyn felt like a horrible person but knew that she would've been making a mistake if she had said 'yes' when she didn't think they were meant to be together. Jean Luc had told her that he loved her and wanted to be with her for the rest of his life, being a wizard model he was definitely good looking and had a great personality but something between the two just didn't go together something was just missing.

Coat and Jeans

Scarf

Kiera was waiting anxiously for her husband to appear. She had written James the previous week to tell him that she would be free this weekend to meet him in Brightstone. Kiera was a bit shaken up from her encounter with Alex and wanted nothing more than to spend the day in James' arms. She was going to take extra care to avoid Alex from now on. Kiera wasn't ready to deal with that.

A brisk wind whipped through the streets, blowing Kiera's long brown curls into her face. She shivered and hugged her jacket tighter to her. She wasn't one to enjoy the cold and she hated that it was beginning to change seasons in New Zealand. Kiera smoothed her hair as she walked quickly through the streets, taking care not to attract attention. There was one person she wanted to avoid at all costs.

As Kiera neared the spot she was supposed to meet James at, she saw he was not present. Instead, Ravyn Daniels, his best friend, was in James' place. Kiera had met the older girl at the wedding but still didn't know her well, besides what she had learned from James. Slightly confused, Kiera frowned. Kiera's heart sunk as she realized James had probably sent Ravyn to meet her. "Hey Ravyn. Did he send you to tell me he couldn't make it?" she asked, her tone revealing her disappointment even though her face only showed a smile.

Ravyn looked up at the sound of Kiera's voice feeling a bit taken aback at having not notice her arrival. Ravyn wasn't normally taken surprise but she quickly enough recovered as she smiled somewhat brightly "not quite" Ravyn said as she walked over to Kiera "He's just going to be a little late and asked me to keep you company so that you weren't waiting out in the cold by yourself, would you like to get some tea?" Ravyn asked politely enough as several things began filling her head, Ravyn was the oldest in her family and was used to having to deal with alot at one time. Over the years however she had mastered a calm facial expression despite the challenges her life gave her.

Ravyn had learned that it was this calm expression that people tended to rely on even if they weren't aware of it. Erica had been one of those people that had always needed Ravyn to be strong which was fine since Ravyn didn't know how to be weak anymore. Ravyn looked around out of reaction to make sure there wasn't any reporters around, except of course for Erica who was always welcomed. While she may not be in the news as much as James there were still people that would love to trash her name and the Holyhead Harpies if they could get the chance. Ravyn hadn't given them that in the past and she was about to now.

Kiera smiled honestly as Ravyn informed her that James would indeed be coming, he would just be late. She scolded herself internally for thinking the worst scenario. She had been foolish to think that he wouldn't show up. He always did what he told her he would. Still, Kiera's heart gave a sigh of relief as she knew she would be seeing him shortly.

As Ravyn proposed that they get tea, a sneaky thought crept into Kiera's mind. She couldn't help but wonder if this meeting was intentional. Kiera knew James wanted her to get to know Ravyn better, though she didn't believe he would sacrifice his time with her in order for that to happen....No, this was just a practice having gone late. Kiera nodded her head. "Yes, I would like that. It's getting chilly outside with the changing of the seasons. I think some tea would do nicely." Kiera said with a cheerful smile on her face. She wasn't sure exactly where Ravyn wanted to go, but she figured she would just follow the older girl.

"Is there any place you like in particular?" Ravyn asked turning towards Kiera "I'm afraid I don't visit New Zealand very often and so I probably don't know the best places" Ravyn admitted as she continued to walk with Kiera. A bit of cold air blew by but Ravyn didn't let it bother her since it wasn't that bad compared to the winters she's spent up in London. "You know James talks about you often, always saying nice things about you of course" Ravyn said with a smile as she looked towards the ground and then back at Kiera "He cares alot for you more then anyone else" Ravyn said with a smile. Ravyn was glad that James could care for someone so much and that they had the same feelings for him in return, to find love like that so young in life was truly a gift. Ravyn often forgot that she too was young only being 22 and all, but life had changed her and made her more weary then most girls her age even if she never shown it.

"But enough talking about James" Ravyn said with a laugh as she turned towards Kiera and smiled "I hear your into Gymnastics, I did that too when I was little" Ravyn said with a smile "Though I never was very good, Unlike you Miss Olympics!" Ravyn said with a smile. Ravyn hadn't been bad at Gymnastic having done it for four years she was actually very good but when the twins were born she had to spend more and more time helping out at home and so had to give that up. It was probably one of the reason why Ravyn didn't want to get married or start a family anytime soon, she knew it was selfish but she also knew that there were too many things she wanted to do before the chains of adulthood fully wrapped themselves around her.

Kiera shook her head. "No, I'm not picky about where we go. I suppose the Three Broomsticks would be nice though." she suggested as she walked beside Ravyn. Kiera's brown curls swirled around her face as a gust of wind swept through the streets. An involuntary shiver escaped her lips. Kiera grinned as Ravyn said James talked about her. A blush crept up on her cheeks as the older girl said that James cared for her, more than anyone else. She knew that but it surprised her that Ravyn would know that. Kiera looked down at the ground. "I really do love him." she said quietly, a soft smile on her lips.

Kiera looked back up at the older girl as the talk turned to gymnastics. A bright look lit up Kiera's face. It was a look she only got when talking about gymnastics or Quidditch. She grinned at Ravyn. "I'm only good because I spent everyday at the gym from the time I was three until I got my Hogwarts letter. I just love it." she said, shrugging her shoulders. "Why did you stop?" she asked curiously. "I mean you are athletic obviously. I saw you play Quidditch last summer. I'm sure you were good, even if you don't think so." she said, hoping Ravyn wouldn't think she was being too nosy. She just wanted to get to know the older girl.

"Well my mother had my baby twin sisters and soon after fell ill" Ravyn admitted as she continued to walk towards the Three Broomsticks with Kiera. "Being the oldest I had to help out around the house and take care of my younger sisters" Ravyn said matter of factly as she turned towards Kiera and smiled "I have to say that while I do miss Gymnastics I truly enjoy playing Quidditch" Ravyn said feeling a bit more relived. Ravyn chuckled "I remember when my dad told me I would have to give up Gymnastics, I was so angry with my parents, he told me I would understand when I got older and that I would enjoy something else just as much" Ravyn said as the Three Broomsticks came into place. "He was right, especially once I got my letter to Hogwarts" Ravyn said with a smile.

"I met my two best friends Erica and Chloe and we quickly became known as the Tripod" Ravyn said chuckling once more, It was Professor Theaton that had nicknamed the three the Tripod stating that they were so close that it would be hard to imagine one of them standing straight without the other two. Yet Erica and Ravyn had been forced to do so even though it wasn't easy for them. "I met James a few years later and we quickly enjoyed the same passion for Quidditch" Ravyn said feeling slightly embarrassed that she was saying so much to someone that she hadn't really talked to before. "I'm rambling" Ravyn said with a laugh as she opened the door for the Three Broomsticks "Please tell me about yourself" Ravyn said with a smile.

Kiera listened to Ravyn with true interest. She felt horrible for the older girl to have gone through so much at such a young age. Kiera could empathize with her some. Her mother had left their family though they all believed her to have died in a car crash. It was a complicated story with her mother, one Kiera preferred not to go into right now. Kiera smiled at Ravyn. "I know how you feel about Quidditch. I still can't decide if I prefer gymnastics or Quidditch. I love them both so much." she said, knowing that James had mentioned Kiera's quidditch abblities to Ravyn.

Kiera smiled at the story of how the Tripod came to be. She had met Erica but hadn't ever heard James mention Chloe. Kiera thought that was probably a subject she should stay away from for right now. Kiera thanked Ravyn as she opened the door. She walked to the bar and ordered two butterbeers, paying for them and taking one back to Ravyn.

Kiera knew it was now her turn to share some of her past. "Umm well..where to start. I was raised in the muggle world by my muggle father. He's a psychologist. I have an older brother, Cameron, who is an Unspeakable at the ministry in New Zealand. I also have a little sister, Katheryn, at Hogwarts with me. We are from Georgia in the United States but we followed my gymnastics coach to California when I was around 9." she said, explaining some of her background, leaving out her mother intentionally. "I didn't find out about magic until Cam got his letter. I got mine a year later and soon learned Quidditch." she said, smiling at the memory. "I fell in love with it and have played ever since." Kiera said, not sure what to continue with. She didn't want to bore Ravyn who was being nice enough to keep her company until James arrived.

"Thank you" Ravyn said as she took her butterbeer and sipped it making sure none of the foam got on her lips as she put the drink down at the table and listened to Kiera explain some of her background. "Was your father a Muggle Too?" Ravyn asked only now realizing that it seemed as though she and Kiera had a lot in common. Ravyn nor any of her younger siblings seemed to have much to say about her mother and it seemed as though Kiera's family was the same as Kiera seemed to be leaving details about her mother out on purpose. "My family was raised in the Muggle world too, we lived in London though" Ravyn said with a smile. "Are you and James going to live in the Muggle world or the Wizarding world?" Ravyn asked thinking about it and then quickly adding "I'm sorry I don't mean to intrude!" Ravyn said with a slight grimace.

Kiera nodded her head. "My father is a muggle as is the rest of his family. My mother is a pure blood. Her maiden name was Burke. She got remarried last summer." she said, knowing she owed Ravyn some explaination. Kiera laughed as the older girl seemed to think she was intruding. She shook her head. "It's fine. I don't mind." she said, still grinning. "I really don't know where we will live. I'm assuming the wizarding world. It's all he has really ever known and besides he plays Quidditch. I'm thinking I will play Professionally after this summer. You can only go so far with Gymnastics." she said with a shrug of her shoulders. "Gymnasts don't last too far into their twenties." Kiera explained though Ravyn probably already knew that. "It would be too hard to try and live in both worlds." she said with a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back