OOC First Name
Zach
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Takuya sighed. He had been at this school for a fair amount of time now, and he had recently been promoted to Deputy Headmaster again. This came with the responsibility of having a more up-close relationship with the students & making sure that his was a presence that was known throughout the school and that it would be frowned upon if he was the type of Professor that people only knew about during classes. It was a position of the upmost responsibility, and it meant that he was basically second in-charge of the school. Sometimes when he thought about it, it became a lot of responsibility, and it seemed like a lot that you had to focus on, but it was a good position.

Takuya sat in the library, reading a book that he had read multiple times before. It was somewhat calming for him, to be able to sit back and lose himself in a book. It was a bittersweet feeling that came across you, however, when you finished that book and the feeling of being so involved into the book had to come to and end because the book had ceased for you. The end of this book was drawing closer and closer, with a little under a chapter to go. for him. He didn't want the book to end.

Effie really wished she had the time to work out every so often. Despite being a fully-grown woman, she had such a difficult time doing even lifting the lightest of loads. "I probably could have used magic to do this, but it's a little too late for that now I guess." Effie thought to herself as she attempt to carry a large handful of books from one end of the library to the other. She actually hadn't thought about using magic to move the books, but she was beginning to wish she had. A lot had been on Effie's mind the past couple of weeks. She had a lot planned for her Hufflepuff's this year, mostly things to motivate them and get them on their feet. It didn't matter much to her whether they won or they lost the house or Quidditch cup, so long as they tried and were proud of what they accomplished. On top of the new ideas she had for her Hufflepuffs, she also now had to worry about the fact that her daughter was now at Hogwarts. While she wasn't in Hufflepuff, Effie was really praying that she wouldn't be too much of a problem for poor Cyndi.

Effie spotted a nearby table and decided to rest her poor arms by setting the books down there. Effie let the tower of books fall onto the table and winced at the loud sound it made. On top of that, another Professor happened to be occupying the table at the same time. "Sorry Professor Blaze. The books were getting a little too heavy for me to handle." Hopefully he would accept her apology for disrupting him. On top of that, she also hoped that he wouldn't really begin to question why she decided to move the books manually as opposed to using magic. Sometimes Effie wondered how on earth she could call herself a witch.

Takuya raised an eyebrow as he saw somebody walking towards him carrying a pile of books, the first thing that came to his mind being 'Why is this person carrying books instead of just levitating them, or using some kind of magic at least. It wasn't every day that you saw someone doing something the non-magic way, though, so he had to give them props for that. He did, however, notice that the person was about to drop all of the books onto the table he was sitting at and moved his stuff to the side so that it wouldn't get in the way, and then it all came tumbling down next to him on the table. He laughed.

He glanced at the person, noting that it was infact a Professor, a Head of House at that.. Professor Snow. Head of Hufflepuff, which made it all the more odd that she had decided to not use magic. Takuya smiled. "It isn't an issue, I should be apologising to your for trying to hog the table." He said, laughing. He raised an eyebrow again, however. "I am curious why you didn't just use magic, though? I do give you points for doing things the old fashioned way, though. Not many people would." Takuya said. He was a little curious but it didn't worry him if she didn't want to talk about it. "Oh and please, just Takuya will do fine."
[staff]"I do give you points for doing things the old fashioned way, though."
Ten points to Professor House!
//Nick[/staff]

Of course he would bring up the fact that she had taken route of carrying her books and struggling with them as opposed to just using magic. Effie flushed a deep red. "This is really embarrassing, but I was spacing and before I even realized what I was doing, I had picked up the books and starting waking off with them." Effie admitted shyly. "To be honest, if I had been thinking properly I would have used magic all the way. Heavy lifting is not my forte." Effie wasn't the type to space a whole lot, but when she did she often found herself making silly and embarrassing mistakes. Though sometimes Effie felt like the students should realize that while they can do magic and should practice their skills often, things such as manual labor shouldn't be forgotten entirely. Otherwise they'd be all weak and flimsy like their current Head of Hufflepuff was. Effie didn't mention that she was spacing out because her mind was on so many topics at once. Telling people that she was stressing out seemed like it would be too bothersome. Everyone had problems to deal with, so it wouldn't be fair for her to thrust her problems onto others to begin with.

"Takuya then? I'll have to remember to start calling you by that name instead of Professor Blaze." Although Effie had been teaching here longer than Blaze had, she had become accustomed to calling him that as opposed to his first name. He deserved respect from her and that was the only reason she had done it. That and she refused to act like she was comfortable with someone when she barely knew who they were. But perhaps this little run-in could be the start of them getting to know one another a little bit better. Effie could always use more friends.

Takuya raised an eyebrow, she seemed quite embarassed that he had brought up the subject of her just carrying the books through manual labour. He wasn't sure if he should have just brushed it off or not, but it seemed like a decent idea to just ask her what had happened. Maybe there had been something wrong with her, and she might have needed some help? He wasn't sure, but he felt a little bad now for asking. Takuya frowned. "I'm sorry if I embarrassed you, I just thought it would be a good idea to ask incase you needed some help." Takuya sighed inwardly. He wondered if she felt awkward talking to him, but she barely knew him and he supposed that it would be true.

"Takuya, then." He said with a smile. "But if you feel uncomfortable calling me Takuya, then Professor Blaze works too." He wondered if that was true or not, but he hoped that she didn't feel entirely uncomfortable with him, because they had to maintain a working relationship with him being one of the two Deputies. Takuya wondered what actually had brought her into here, though. "What brings you out here anyway? Just here to read some books? Always a good past time." Takuya said with a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back