Meeting again

Charlene Jung

Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Charlene looked down at her watch again and sighed. It had been a full fifteen minutes. She wondered if James had gotten lost going downstairs. No, but he couldn't have. That, she had to admit, was nearly impossible to do. I mean, where else could you go but down? She slid down against an oak tree to wait, singing a song to herself. She hoped she'd get enough time to practice her vocals, since it did seem they might be pretty busy...

James had put on his new T-Shirt, after spilling something on the other at Lunch. He was happy that nobody noticed as he went up to his dorm. Thankfully he found it quickly and was now in a rush to get back down to the ground, not wanting to keep Charlene waiting too long. He got down the stairs quite easily as he saw the massive door of the castle.

He begins walking through the door as he steps onto the green grass. He walks down, looking for Charlene. He saw her sitting near a tree as he gave off a light run towards him and hears he singing to herself. He didn't know the song so he couldn't join in singing. A little known fact about him is that he was a pretty good singer, not that he liked to show it off. "Hey, I'm back, what song is that?"

Charlene looked up when she heard a noise next to her, and saw James, she grinned, stood up, and looked at her watch. "Tsk tsk," she said jokingly. "Twenty minutes late." Of course, she didn't mind it all but she hoped James would realize that. "The song? It's Korean, so I doubt you'd know it. Well it's called Wishing on a Star if you really wanna know. I'm friends with the group that sang it." She smiled knowingly to herself.

James smiled as she joked around with him, he didn't mind. He wondered if he knew the song, he had heard a Korean song before but he didn't think it would be it. "Yeah I was a little slow. I kinda went for a trip down the stairs if you know what I mean." He smiled hoping that she would get his reference. "So I take it as you sing a lot, do you play any instruments?" James wondered, he had wanted to play the guitar but he had no choice when his parents said no.

Charlene laughed. "The stairs again? How could you have problems going down?!" Very amusing, she thought. "Yeah, I actually play piano. Been playing for 'bout four years now so I guess I'm decent. And I started guitar about a year ago. I'm planning to go into the enterntainment industry when I get back to Korea this summer, so my dad likes me to get as much experience as possible." She beamed. "He even said he'd help me compose my first song sometime. You play instruments?"

He thought to himself. 'Should I tell here I can sing decently. Eh what can it hurt.' He smiled as he thought, watching her beam, thinking about the future. "Eh, I wanted to play guitar but my parents didn't want me too. But I guess I sing decently." He then put his hands on the Oak tree and sat down against it, with the slight breeze against him. "Sit back down, standing is getting annoying." He gave off a little smile as he now looked up at Charlene.

Charlene beamed. "Cool! You ought to play guitar. Convince them or something. Or...buy one in secret." She grinned mischievously. "It's really fun." She slid down next to him. "Singing's great. I haven't seen any singers around here, which kinda sucks. We ought to practice together sometime!" She also did sorta need a coach or some kind of vocal training, but she was 99% sure there wouldn't be any, considering this was a school of magic, not performing arts.

He loved singing just not in front of people, it was one of the things that he did not like to admit. He got stage fright. "Well, I haven't told many people that I like to sing but I guess we could. You might wanna hear me first, I am probably not as good as you. The guitar, I couldn't go behind their back, would be to hard to learn." He smiled as they got into Music, one of the things he knew about, not like magic.

“Wow, I should totally get you a guitar for your birthday anyways. Or maybe convince them for you.” She laughed. “It’s a really great skill to have. You should try to go for it. Anyway, I ain’t that great. Good for my age, but I have a ways to go still. But of course, you probably don’t plan on making singing or dancing your career when you grow up. I guess that’s why I gotta really perfect it. Do you know what you wanna do then? When you grow up I mean.”

James smiled as she began to say a lot, he tried to follow it laughing when said about getting a guitar for his birthday. "Ahh, well I looked into footy and tennis but this magic stuff is very interesting. Of course I would go into singing if I was good enough to do it worldwide, but that would never happen." James then began to hum to himself, a song from about 15-16 years ago, it didn't seem that old to him. The song was Hey Hey Disbeliever, by the Living End.

"Eh?" Charlene asked curiously, tilting her head to the side. "What's footy? Is it a sport? Cause I've never heard of it. I dun' think I'd go into singing internationally. Just in Korea." She smiled. Conquering Korea was a good enough accomplishment for her, although her friends were busy taking over the US too. She made a mental note to ask to go with them next time they went to the US. "Ah, so you pretty much sing for fun." She screwed her eyes in thought when he began humming a song, but it didn't sound familiar to her at all, and she couldn't quite figure it out. "What song?" She asked.

He smiled, mainly at her not knowing what what Footy was. "Yeah, it is a sport, Aussie Football to be exact. I will show you the ball when I get the chance, I got one in my dorm." He smiled, he doubted she would care but he was gonna say it anyway. "Staying in Korea is awesome, it is good to see someone not trying to make it really big but follow their dream." Awesome he thought. "Although I would like to hear you sing myself." He smiles watching her. James now had to watch as she thought about the song that he was humming. "It is Hey Hey Disbeliever. By an old Australian Band called The Living End."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back